Experience with Feline's Pride

chefdubbbs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've ordered twice from Hare Today and had no issues at all. Tracy has been great and my cats like the food. The shipping is a bit pricey and RadCat would actually be cheaper because I can pick it up locally, but I'd rather have the whole ground meat/bones/organs than the egg powder protein that RadCat uses.
Yes I have looked at harr today and am going to maybe give it a try. My guy has ibd so the ground egg shell works better for him at least now in the beginning

Last edited by a moderator:

proboscis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yup, get in line. My story was, that I had an order that was delayed. She told me that the freezer went out so everything was delayed. However, she would give me that order for free and refund the money. Sounded great! When the food arrived, it was mush. There was no refund, either. I called many times, and was not able to get in touch with a human. Same story over and over again. I now order from Aunt Jenni's and haven't looked back! My cat loves that food as much as feline's pride, and the owner is very responsive.

whisper14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Feline Pride (now apparently "My Pet's Pride") is AWFUL. The company and the person "running it" are not even reasonable (much less good business owners).  My experience was 3 months ago, but it was HORRIBLE.  The vendor has been dishonest and mis-represented everything that transpired when contacted in a dispute I started through my credit card company.  She was dishonest DURING the transaction, as well, about the shipping speed she supposedly selected, and (like for some of you) she made offers to me to "go out of her way" for me.  Then she would turn around and yell at me for being difficult to work with and to "ship to" (whatever that means?)!  I wish there was  a way to get the word out.  The BBB rating is F, showing 12 complaints with 11 of them in the last year.  Several complaints are not responded to... So sad and frustrating.  They have no intention, obviously, to deliver a good product to their customers - so I would not be pining over not being able to get the food. As I read the more recent experiences (chefdubbbs, avatar00 and cosmobaby) below, I am starting to wonder if the woman ACTUALLY has lost her mind (literally) and is no longer able to tell what is real and what is not? I certainly felt like she was unhinged/crazy when dealing with her in September, but nothing as bad as the verizon screenshot of the email that she wrote to chefdubbbs!  That's scary-bad! 

bengalmom1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I guess I'm glad I never got a single response from her, nor did my bank. I got the charge reversed with nary a peep out of the crazy chick. My BratCats[emoji]8482[/emoji] are happy with their Hare-Today food, so I'll stick with that until Tracy flips her lid too.

thedude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really wish they would just sell this company to someone like the original owner, who really is a nice person and cares about cats. If I had the money, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. There's a good product here being destroyed by a single person. It's sad really.

Maybe we should start a crowdfunding effort to buy them out? :)

kettlebelle7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm just going to add to the list of complaints about My Pets Pride, aka Felines Pride. I apologize for the brevity, as I'm posting this from my phone.

It's the same story - used Felines Pride for a couple of years after switching from Rad Cat. (Rad Cat has the same recipe, just adds in more water and uses bone meal instead of real bone - it doesn't make any sense to me to pay more for lower quality ingredients and extra water.) Supposedly, My Pets Pride was giving me wholesalers' rate because I agreed to buy 80 lbs at a time. So first off, the quality of the food changed - off odors, started making my cats sick, green tinge to the food if I left it out for any length of time. Then the quality of the packing went south. Then the communication turned unprofessional, then non-existent. They have to date, 12 unsettled complaints at the BBB. They not only fed my cats food that was making them sick, but fed me lies about how much of a discount I was getting, refunds I would receive, and how they handled my shipping. I disputed my final chatted with my credit card company, and have not heard back from My Pets Pride since.

Thank you all for the recommendation of Hare Today! 2 orders down, and my cats and I are loving them! It's a bit more work than My Pets Pride, but easier and safer than making homemade food (I had a hard time sourcing meat that was properly handled to prevent too much battery growth.) Price wise, it's a hair more expensive than My Pets Pride, but when you don't have to throw out food or pay for vet visits, Hare Today comes out on top!

cosmobaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Feline Pride (now apparently "My Pet's Pride") is AWFUL. The company and the person "running it" are not even reasonable (much less good business owners).  My experience was 3 months ago, but it was HORRIBLE.  The vendor has been dishonest and mis-represented everything that transpired when contacted in a dispute I started through my credit card company.  She was dishonest DURING the transaction, as well, about the shipping speed she supposedly selected, and (like for some of you) she made offers to me to "go out of her way" for me.  Then she would turn around and yell at me for being difficult to work with and to "ship to" (whatever that means?)!  I wish there was  a way to get the word out.  The BBB rating is F, showing 12 complaints with 11 of them in the last year.  Several complaints are not responded to... So sad and frustrating.  They have no intention, obviously, to deliver a good product to their customers - so I would not be pining over not being able to get the food. As I read the more recent experiences (chefdubbbs, avatar00 and cosmobaby) below, I am starting to wonder if the woman ACTUALLY has lost her mind (literally) and is no longer able to tell what is real and what is not? I certainly felt like she was unhinged/crazy when dealing with her in September, but nothing as bad as the verizon screenshot of the email that she wrote to chefdubbbs!  That's scary-bad! 
Hi whisper -

Actually, my Feline's Pride downfall experience happened a year ago December 2014.  I had been a long-time customer, too - over three years. .  It's good that people are writing about their experiences because I thought it was just me until I looked up customer service problems online last January and found a couple of sites with many people experiencing same issues. 

My order was over $500 charge on my credit card.  I thought it was outrageous that a company would treat a long-standing loyal customer this way.  My credit card company was great; I disputed the charge in early Feburary 2015 and they refunded me right away.

I wanted to share my experience recently because I am quite dismayed to read Feline's Pride is continuing ti conduct  business and rip off unsuspecting customers (like you)  in this way.  They have had more than enough time and opportunity to turn their business around.  It is especially egregious because they once had a great reputation.

I am so glad I found much better raw food and a really great company with Hare Today Gone Tomorrow. Tracy is wonderful, she answered my Q's in the beginning right away. and she provides confirmation and shipping emails.  --The shipping on the east coast is so reasonable.  

Since I am sure complaints submitted directly to FP "My Pet's Pride" website would be deleted immediately, I feel complaints posted here and elsewhere on the web will be very helpful in getting the word out about this now very corrupt and fraudulent company. 

dhammagirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey, this is good info.  I had considered trying them, but will now just make my own.  I feel bad for the folks who had come to rely on this company. 

problemcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys, I am so glad I found this thread (and all of you)!

Wanted to share a similar terrible experience with Feline's Pride and our sweet and classy friend Suzy.

I placed an order for premix on a Monday and they charged me $20+ for rush two-day shipping (as you guys know, there are no cheaper options). A week later I still got no word, so I emailed them asking to cancel the order because it wouldn't arrive in time (I expected it to at least get there by the weekend) and my cats needed to, you know, eat. They didn't respond. Over a week later after that, I finally get a notification that they shipped out the order. I emailed customer service telling them to at least give me a refund on the ludicrous two-day shipping charge. Suzy writes back a barrage of extremely rude emails (sometimes nonsensical one-liners that she sends a few minutes after a whole rude train of thoughts) lying about notifying me about the late shipping and how the website indicates there's a delay, and so on. I tell her I'm just asking for a refund on the shipping charges since she never told me anything about the late shipping (there is NO record) but wouldn't let me cancel the order. She keeps spewing stuff about how I shouldn't do business with her. I file a complaint with the BBB (noting their solid F rating) and she sends me some more rude emails this morning (followed with another classy one-liner, "It's very clear who is misleading the BBB!").

I also noted that on the package, the shipping only cost them $6.50 while they charged me $20+. So there's another part to the whole scam.

I just filed a customer review on the BBB site since I'm not sure how much of an affect any formal complaints will have. Honestly there is no other place to do it, and I'm not sure anything will actually get done on the BBB's behalf, or how much legal action they can take against the company. There isn't really any other comprehensive place where consumers (who think they are doing business with a reputable company) can get any of this information unless they go looking outside of the petspride website. So please, I am asking you guys to bind together and submit as many honest reviews about Feline's Pride as possible. File your complaints and company reviews through the BBB so it will show up in searches. We can redirect traffic there. Notify everyone you can on other cat health forums, tell your friends, go on Reddit, spread the word as much as possible. I don't want another soul to get suckered in by doing business with this company. Based on what I have read here, they do not deserve to continue operating.

Thanks for your time!

11201ny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do an online search for Felines Pride. People across the internet all seem to agree that they are seriously shady on the subject of shipping - so don't take my word for it. I used Felines Pride for quite a while before eventually trying to engaging them in a discussion on being mis-charged by them. Eventually, under the threat of being sued they admitted that they had had problems with a certain person who no longer works there. That was the ONLY thing they ever stated - never addressing their dishonest shipping policy. 

I made a substantiated case to them showing overpayment of shipping to the tune of $600-$800 over 14 orders.  

Regardless, as a business - they have one foot in the grave. They don't make a clear case for their shipping charges, they don't answer ANY of their many phone extensions, and they don't return emails/phone calls. Seems  more than a little strange for a company dealing in raw meat!

If you look them up in the Bureau of Better Business, there has been 12 cases logged against them in the last 3 years:

http://www.bbb.org/upstate-new-york...-cheektowaga-ny-11552714/complaints#breakdown

I'm creating a Yelp page now.

Please give your honest opinions:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/felines-pride-premium-raw-cat-food-odessa

11201ny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There site is new. They also have a new identity. Their customer service however, is still exactly the same - which remains their biggest problem outside of their *post Shelby Gomas* business practice. This company was once a pioneer! Where they have completely revised their site to avoid their past shipping & handling overcharges, I was never reimbursed for the overcharges on my 15+ orders. It also seems that their customer service issues are still going strong.

==========

From email to Felines Pride (food for one cat!):
"...Packing charges of $12 per 5 LBS; $13.50 per 10 LBS; & $16 per 20 LBS are inarguably unclear when purchasing multiple quantities of different items. So if you order 20LBS (4x 5LBS) assorted meats, - NOT a variety pack  - you pay $48 as opposed to the $16 (same weight - Variety Pack)? Could this really be true? If this is the case, we must have paid HUNDREDS of dollars in cooler fabrication & ice packs! For 15 orders (13 + 2 paid over the phone), I have us as paying the cooler fabrication + ice packs charge 49 times, which would cost anywhere between $588 to $784 in packaging alone...."

gbin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow.

I can't believe it's been so many months since I last visited The Cat Site, especially given all the extremely important help I found here back when I really needed it about a year ago.  Chalk it up to the facts that 1) things have been going well for my cats - yes, including my severely dietarily challenged boy - and 2) things have been awfully busy for my wife and myself (job changes, moves, etc.).  Y'all deserve better, though, and I know I've lots more to share with and learn from you, too.

I can't believe Feline's Pride = My Pet's Pride is still a going concern, either.  In my opinion, not only should the company have gone under long before now, but the company's leadership - that crazy but decidedly unlovable gal too many of us know all too well - should be in jail.  It IS against the law to cheat people out of their money, after all, and she's now been doing it for over a year!  My heart goes out to all of you (and your cats!) who have more recently joined all of us in learning the hard way to stay away from this company.  It was indeed a great company once upon a time, but now it's a polar opposite to that.  As I said back when, I only wish there were more ways to warn people about this fact.

It occurred to me that some here might be interested in hearing how my and my cat's story turned out, and I'll get to that in a minute, but just a bit more about Feline's Pride = My Pet's Pride before I do...

Obviously the name change is designed to fool a whole new set of people, and maybe even a few particularly unlucky people in the old set.  Don't let them get away with it!  It's apparently as pointless to complain to the company today as it was a year ago, but be sure to complain to anyone and everyone else where it might do you some good or at least do some others good by teaching them by your example.  Don't let the crazy lady put you off with her special blend of apologies, excuses, promises, silence and invective; contact your credit card company promptly and let them do the heavy lifting required to get your money back.  If they show any sign of being persuaded by her occasional sweet words, by all means share a link to this thread and some of the unhappy tales in it with them.  Do post your own tale here, and believe me, we promise not to laugh at you for kindheartedly trying to work with the company while it was busy cheating you.  Do file whatever kind of complaint you can with the Better Business Bureau.  AND DO MAKE SURE THAT YOU REFERENCE THE COMPANY'S NEW NAME, MY PET'S PRIDE, IN WHATEVER YOU DO.

OK, now on to happier stuff...

My cat Bear is doing great!  Not long after my last post I followed the advice of so many here at The Cat Site and placed my first order for Hare Today's Ground Rabbit/Bones/Organs and an appropriate amount of Alnutrin for Cats, for Bone-In Meat Grinds, and I've been mixing it up for my furry problem child and his younger brother Otter ever since.  They both like the diet and they're both thriving on it.  If you're thinking about doing likewise but are a bit intimidated by the idea of it, I promise you won't be after your first batch or two.  I take a 5 lb chub of the rabbit meat out of the freezer, put it in a long, skinny plastic bag (e.g. as available in grocery produce sections) and set it in my refrigerator's meat bin a couple of days before working for it.  On the selected day I cut the now-thawed chub open and slip the meat into a big, easily cleaned stainless steel bowl; the large bowls sold for working with bread dough work great.  I mash the meat about inside the bowl with a long-handled plastic mixing spoon, pour in the Alnutrin preparation (5 tiny scoops lightly mixed into a cup of cold water, per the instructions), and mix it all together reasonably well.  Next I use the aforementioned long-handled plastic mixing spoon to scoop out small amounts of the meat mix and pack it into a 1/2-cup dry measuring cup.  That then gets flipped into a cup in a muffin pan.  And so on until all the meat mix has been put into muffin pan cups (it fills pretty near exactly 24 such cups), at which point I place the muffin pans into the freezer long enough to freeze them solid.  Finally I take the pans out and thaw them just barely enough to enable me to pop the meat muffins out (no more than about 5 minutes), carefully (for cleanliness) place each muffin in its own reusable vacuum bag, vacuum it and put it back in the freezer.  As needed I take such bags out of the freezer and place them on a dedicated tray in the refrigerator to thaw until the food in them is to be fed out, and several minutes before feeding the food out I place the bag in a mildly warm tub of water for several minutes just to take the refrigerator chill off.  As I said, my Bear and Otter are doing great on it!

One 1/2-cup muffin is the perfect size for a meal for my two cats, and they get three meals each day.  If I feel they're getting too much then I just fill the 1/2-cup dry measuring cup a little less on the next few batches, and if I feel they're getting too little then I just fill it a little more.

I do promise, it's nowhere near as much work as it sounds.  Really just making sure that you keep things clean is more work than anything else, and if you're already committed to feeding a raw meat diet then you're already committed to that.  Give it a try!

Happy New Year to all of you!

Gerry

koobe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
 I ordered a huge order of $940 in Sept, it never arrived. I dispute the charge via my credit card company and Suzy confirmed money was taken out from her account.

She made promise that she has found a reliable way to ship me raw food, so I made another $910 order. The food was late, She sent me 3 huge boxes of raw food by USPS, one cracked tub with raw meat and blood all over, and different items as I ordered, and less. Her explanation was, there were 4 boxes being sent and one got missed, and it ONLY happened to me. But she could not send me the tracking number for the 4th boxes. She said she will be processing a refund of the difference ($256). That refund never happened.

The $940 dispute, my credit card company received a proof from her accounting system, saying I receive the raw food at the time of purchase (She is in FL, I am in WA!). I questioned her about it, she said it is the system's automatic reply. So I re-dispute this card through my cc, I also sent them the pictures of the thawed cat food and dispute $128.

The "automatic system" sent the same explanation to the cc company again, and now I have to re-re-dispute $940, plus I never receive the so said refund of$256.

I have been buying food from her for 5 years, and they really went downhill in 2015. WIth the long term relationship I had with them, I gave him more than enough time and chances to fix it, but obviously it is not working out.

thedude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just got another email from them stating they are shipping again, since they didn't ship around the holidays. They make it sound like they have so many orders it's hard to catch up but they will manage! 

I can't understand who is still buying this stuff?

thedude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Do an online search for Felines Pride. People across the internet all seem to agree that they are seriously shady on the subject of shipping - so don't take my word for it. I used Felines Pride for quite a while before eventually trying to engaging them in a discussion on being mis-charged by them. Eventually, under the threat of being sued they admitted that they had had problems with a certain person who no longer works there. That was the ONLY thing they ever stated - never addressing their dishonest shipping policy. 

I made a substantiated case to them showing overpayment of shipping to the tune of $600-$800 over 14 orders.  

Regardless, as a business - they have one foot in the grave. They don't make a clear case for their shipping charges, they don't answer ANY of their many phone extensions, and they don't return emails/phone calls. Seems  more than a little strange for a company dealing in raw meat!

If you look them up in the Bureau of Better Business, there has been 12 cases logged against them in the last 3 years:

http://www.bbb.org/upstate-new-york...-cheektowaga-ny-11552714/complaints#breakdown

I'm creating a Yelp page now.

Please give your honest opinions:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/felines-pride-premium-raw-cat-food-odessa
It looks like your review got filtered and is under the "Reviews not recommended" section. Unfortunately this is what happens on Yelp to bad businesses much of the time. 

11201ny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

It looks like your review got filtered and is under the "Reviews not recommended" section. Unfortunately this is what happens on Yelp to bad businesses much of the time. 
That's okay, others will chime in.

The fact that one of their employees was secretly lurking around on this thread makes it all that much more obvious that they are having some honesty issues. If i was Felines Pride, i would want to be honestly represented in any respectable forum. It makes sense to have a presence. The fact that they do it covertly just proves that that don't have any intention of interfacing with their clients directly.

Last edited:

mythicbells

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In the past, I've thought so highly of Feline's Pride and their raw food.  In October 2015 I placed an order because of a promotional email I received.  The order never arrived.  I called numerous times, emailed numerous times to no avail.  Finally, I attempted to dispute the charge with the credit card company.  After several months of "investigation" I received notice from them in January 2016 that they were told that the client (me) had received the order and was withdrawing the dispute, so the funds were taken back out of my account.  No one actually asked me if this was true... which it wasn't.  So, I attempted ... again .. to contact Feline's Pride, left a message which was never returned then called the person whom the CC company quoted (Suzy Gomas) as having said that the order was shipped ... I've actually spoken to her several times before.  She's always sweet, always accommodating, has all of my contact information, amount spent on the order, etc.  Once again I was told that she would sort it out and get the product shipped to me.  I expect I'm simply going to have to take the loss of a couple hundred dollars and move on.  Maddening, and such a shame because their product was excellent and my cats loved it.  Beware that Feline's Pride is still sending out promotional emails.  I received another just a week ago.

11201ny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Place a complaint with the bureau of better business, and write a review on Yelp. Get the word out into the world!

parisinthe30sx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I received the sample pack from felines pride, it came partially thawed so I really don't feel comfortable feeding it to my cats, it's a shame because they sure looked interested in it