Diy Ideas

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow how wonderful that you built that for a big cat, it's what they need.
I wandered into a store that was selling those big cats, and i wondered how someone
could keep a cat like that in a house. I live in San Diego so property like yours isn't typical

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow how wonderful that you built that for a big cat, it's what they need.
I wandered into a store that was selling those big cats, and i wondered how someone
could keep a cat like that in a house. I live in San Diego so property like yours isn't typical
He's about 35lbs now and shouldn't get much bigger. He's only outside when we are gone. When we are home, he's inside with us. I built it large so that he could burn up some energy. It's not his size, it's his energy that gets him in trouble.
You can wear a bobcat out, but, even worn out....I don't think you can ever get one to "quit". He'll get to where it seems he almost can't catch his breath, panting like an overheated dog, and still....go go go! :lol:

elgecko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I posted this on a leash thread, but since it's a DIY I'll add it here.

I wanted a leash longer then 6'. I could only find long leashes that are the retractable ones. I'm not sure I want to carry the retractable with the bulk and weight so I made my own leash out of amsteel.

I got 1 - 25' piece of Amsteel.
I have cut it into 2 pieces. 1 piece at 10'6" and the other with what is left, 14'6".
I made the 10'6" piece first. I will end up with about a 9' leash. (Store bought 6' leash for comparison.)

I added some hosing where the loop to hold it will be to make it thicker and easier to hold. While I like the tubing feel. I dislike that I usually don't actually hold the leash and loop it around my wrist. The tubing does not allow the handle to compress around my wrist and will allow the leash to fall off the wrist.

I may be able to correct this by splitting the tubing in half, but if I do hold the leash with the tubing it may not be as comfortable with the tubing split. I may be cutting the tubing completely off.
I used the leash today with the tubing. Still trying to decide if I like it or not.

CameraZOOM-20180203153640110.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

nese

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is our girls apartment :lol: I completed it in two weekends, used left plywood, a carton roll, rope, old clothes for pillows, and left over water-based wall paint . They love to spend time both on comfy pillows inside and on the terrace :) The pillow on top is attached with velcro, so removable and washable.
I am a fan of DIY Projects.

1.png
2.png
3.png

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did you get the tree? I know you'll prolly say in the woods :lol:
I'm in the suburbs but my walli sure could use a tree.

nese

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Where did you get the tree? I know you'll prolly say in the woods :lol:
I'm in the suburbs but my walli sure could use a tree.
I'm in the city, so no way to find a cut tree here, but my father-in law has a house outside of the city (a village), they have trees in their garden. I got it from there. But contrary to my expectation they are not interested in scratching the tree (maybe it is not big enough) but they love to gnaw on the small branches occationally.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in the city, so no way to find a cut tree here, but my father-in law has a house outside of the city (a village), they have trees in their garden. I got it from there. But contrary to my expectation they are not interested in scratching the tree (maybe it is not big enough) but they love to gnaw on the small branches occationally.
One of our (store-bought) cat trees has natural logs as part of the frame. They claw on them from time to time. IMG_0289.JPG