Diy Ideas

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06
The catio attached to your house is awesome!!
We "had" what we call a screened in porch. Basically it's very similar in size and style to your catio. Ours is actually a screened in patio. Used to spend evenings out there waiting on our fox to show up as he made his rounds. Screened in so no bugs.
It's now Buddy's catio instead of our porch though. LOL

Is that huge enclosure yours as well? Looks like it was a tremendous project! I like!!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06
We "had" what we call a screened in porch. Basically it's very similar in size and style to your catio. Ours is actually a screened in patio. Used to spend evenings out there waiting on our fox to show up as he made his rounds. Screened in so no bugs.

Is that huge enclosure yours as well? Looks like it was a tremendous project! I like!!
Well, my ex dumped us, so we don't live there any more :bawling: but our catio was built out from a roofed patio on the back of the house, by us. And we loved seeing all the desert creatures there! Rabbits, quail, orioles, golden eagles, Cooper's hawks, woodpeckers, owls, finches, snakes, horned lizards, collared lizards, kangaroo rats, wood rats...the list was endless and we loved them all!
The "huge enclosure" was our 4-stall barn which had been for horses when the previous owner built the house; we used 2 for our "barn cats" and 1 for the chickens, and the remaining stall was storage. My ex built out the horse corraling in front of the barn so that it was cat-fenced. We insulated the 2 stalls for the cats, poured concrete in 1 and put boat carpeting on top of that, and were planning to do a lot more, but then he decided to dump us. Anyway, it was three yers of Paradise for us, and I will always treasure the memories and the photos I took of it. Many happy cats spent time there!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06

basscat basscat , you might say those projects were very much *bobcat friendly* :winkcat:

elgecko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
elgecko elgecko I LOVE your scratchers !!! Especially the one in the wood frame. I've tried to make an all cardboard one, but ran out of patience slicing ALL that cardboard. Any hints ?
I'm not sure there would be any easy way if you don't have access to any power tools.
I have several wood working tools at home, but cut the cardboard at work. I used the band saw. It's a tool I don't have at home. Was able to cut all the cardboard in under 5 minutes.

I'm also fortunate where I work I can get all the cardboard I want.
Our coils for our units come in heavy cardboard for the smaller coils or wooden crates for our large coils. I have a nice selection of wood in the garage right now to build a / some cat trees. Not sure how crazy I want to go as we hope to put our house up for sale in the spring.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure there would be any easy way if you don't have access to any power tools.
I have several wood working tools at home, but cut the cardboard at work. I used the band saw. It's a tool I don't have at home. Was able to cut all the cardboard in under 5 minutes.

I'm also fortunate where I work I can get all the cardboard I want.
Our coils for our units come in heavy cardboard for the smaller coils or wooden crates for our large coils. I have a nice selection of wood in the garage right now to build a / some cat trees. Not sure how crazy I want to go as we hope to put our house up for sale in the spring.
I wonder if an old guillotine-style paper cutter would work for something like that.

elgecko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Little more festive.

DSCN5291C.jpg

DSCN5283C.jpg

I'm going to have to make another one. I can't believe how quickly kittens grow. The template I use is now tight around his neck and chest.
I did a test with Elmers glue, hot glue gun and silicone to adhere the different materials to the fleece. Silicone works great. Strong bond and very flexible. I'm also going to try velcro that normally would be sewed on with the silicone instead of iron on velcro. The hooks lose most of the gripping power after it's ironed.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Little more festive.

View attachment 210186

View attachment 210188

I'm going to have to make another one. I can't believe how quickly kittens grow. The template I use is now tight around his neck and chest.
I did a test with Elmers glue, hot glue gun and silicone to adhere the different materials to the fleece. Silicone works great. Strong bond and very flexible. I'm also going to try velcro that normally would be sewed on with the silicone instead of iron on velcro. The hooks lose most of the gripping power after it's ironed.
adorable! im tempted to make one for cold days lol

but do be careful of glues. some can be dangerous if ingested by cats. i would worry about my cat removing the outfit and chewing at the velcro.

Ms.Lovemycats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Stop Everything And Make This Tree Stump Cat Scratch Pad
Ever since building the kittens a cardboard playhouse, I’ve been itching to DIY something that they won’t be able to destroy in a few months. :p
View attachment 206928
I’m not well versed in construction, nor do I have many tools, but I have plenty of ideas. I’m considering converting some shelving into cubbyholes and perches for them to explore. I have an unused ledge in my room that I could use, so I’ll go measure it now. I have toyed with some ideas, but I wondered if you guys had any cool DIY projects you’ve done or seen?
I’ll update here if I make any progress, but so far this is just a dream.
Hello, I’ve included a link to make a cat tree stump out of cardboard, it’s not a very fancy diy but I think it’s very cute and I feel like cats would like it! I plan on making it myself soon.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my ex dumped us, so we don't live there any more :bawling: but our catio was built out from a roofed patio on the back of the house, by us. And we loved seeing all the desert creatures there! Rabbits, quail, orioles, golden eagles, Cooper's hawks, woodpeckers, owls, finches, snakes, horned lizards, collared lizards, kangaroo rats, wood rats...the list was endless and we loved them all!
The "huge enclosure" was our 4-stall barn which had been for horses when the previous owner built the house; we used 2 for our "barn cats" and 1 for the chickens, and the remaining stall was storage. My ex built out the horse corraling in front of the barn so that it was cat-fenced. We insulated the 2 stalls for the cats, poured concrete in 1 and put boat carpeting on top of that, and were planning to do a lot more, but then he decided to dump us. Anyway, it was three yers of Paradise for us, and I will always treasure the memories and the photos I took of it. Many happy cats spent time there!
:grouphug: :hugs: :grouphug2: ....He's a :censored: jerk!:cloudy:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From little to big DIY projects.
Scratching post, milk crate shelf, and an outdoor enclosure. The latter being full of shelves, perches, runs, climbable things, ramps, and...other stuff.
AND...last, but not least, the DIY project I'm REALLY good at!
Stupendous! But the question remains: Does he LIKE Coca-Cola? :crackup::spew: