Cow cats

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
From what I can tell he has a multi layer coat and once the top coat came in the browns won the war lol he does get a lot of sun too which probably helps, I also get highlights in my super dark brown if I get enough sun.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From what I can tell he has a multi layer coat and once the top coat came in the browns won the war lol he does get a lot of sun too which probably helps, I also get highlights in my super dark brown if I get enough sun.
Yes. Red is a strong and predominant component of black/dark brown hair. I used to hate mine but I've learned to accept it and even like it. In cats, of course, every color of fur is gorgeous!

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My local rescue has a whole herd of cow kittens. Not me wishing that I had a bigger house ASAP.

Yes. Red is a strong and predominant component of black/dark brown hair. I used to hate mine but I've learned to accept it and even like it. In cats, of course, every color of fur is gorgeous!
My uncle and his son both ended up with red hair when everyone else in the family has dark brown. Turns out we have a lot of Irish ancestors. I've always thought it's gorgeous, but I know a lot of people struggle with how they feel about theirs.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My local rescue has a whole herd of cow kittens. Not me wishing that I had a bigger house ASAP.

My uncle and his son both ended up with red hair when everyone else in the family has dark brown. Turns out we have a lot of Irish ancestors. I've always thought it's gorgeous, but I know a lot of people struggle with how they feel about theirs.
...and a lot of people think red hair is indigenous to Ireland, when actually it comes from the Danish Vikings whose presence was felt in Ireland back in the day.
And as for those cow kittens... :redheartpump: :bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::bicolorcat::redheartpump:May every one find a loving permanent person/family and home right away!

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The most recent pic of Billy. Oddly, he has remained at exactly 3kg for over two months, despite having visibly grown quite a bit and eating truly massive quantities of food (and drinks lots of water too). It may be due in part to his very active energy levels (think zoomies every couple of hours), but it is still odd that he's absolutely healthy but not gaining weight (yet?)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The most recent pic of Billy. Oddly, he has remained at exactly 3kg for over two months, despite having visibly grown quite a bit and eating truly massive quantities of food (and drinks lots of water too). It may be due in part to his very active energy levels (think zoomies every couple of hours), but it is still odd that he's absolutely healthy but not gaining weight (yet?)

Billy is so fine! Not necessarily strange, as he is a teenage boy, growing up, not out, and very active. Most teenage boys of any species are long and lanky if they have a good diet and lifestyle. I wouldn't worry. As long as he's eating well and feeling well, Billy is doing well. ;) :cheerleader::goldstar:

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Billy is so fine! Not necessarily strange, as he is a teenage boy, growing up, not out, and very active. Most teenage boys of any species are long and lanky if they have a good diet and lifestyle. I wouldn't worry. As long as he's eating well and feeling well, Billy is doing well. ;) :cheerleader::goldstar:
Very true: as he's only ten and a half months old (still very young) we're not too worried. All three were dewormed as a precaution not too long ago, and he uses the litterbox normally (unpleasant, but his stool has no sign of parasites). Our guess is that he's about to begin a growth spurt :bicolorcat:🏋️‍♂️