Could my rescue cat be pregnant?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think she will go into labour tonight but if she did I would be so upset if I missed it or if something went wrong :/

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, thank you. Ill have my bf's little sister check in on them.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have someone check on her, but I would not move her. How far away will you be?

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
About 10 mins so I could come back if she started giving birth.. im sure my parents would understand

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mumma cat is acting very weird.. very, very affectionate compared to her normal self.. (i honestly love her being pregnant!!) she usually sleeps all day but today she can't seem to stay in one spot for longer than 10 mins!! I even caught her in her nesting box (which she hasn't used since I made it for her 3 weeks ago).. anyday now! (I hope) :)

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OHMYGOSH!!! She is purring right now!!! In all the months I have owned her I have never been able to make her purr!!!!!!!

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_1093.JPG What a weirdo, shes acting like she has just had catnip, keeps rolling around.. i buy her nice cat towers and beds and build her a nice cozy nesting box and she chooses to nap on her scratching box? Haha i love cats IMG_1092.JPG

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
can't really feel kittens kicking today, yesterday they were kicking hard... should I be worried??

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No sign of labour yet. Mumma is excessively grooming her entire body and sleeping all day today. She hissed at her kitten as well when she tried to play with her. (her kitten is sometimes a bit rough with her but I have never heard her hiss at her..) can anybody tell me what to look for when milk comes in? Her nipples are very dry and feel like scabs. Ive tried applying coconut oil but she runs away and hides when I try to put it on so I stopped.
Also the "water breaking" or loss of mucous plug.. can anybody tell me if it is a discharge that will be just on her fur or an actual gush of liquid??

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You should really try to get the coconut oil on her nipples. If you see white flakes, that's dried milk.

You may or may not see water breaking or a mucus plug. Moms are good at licking it away. You will usually see some discharge - pinkish or clear.

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK i will try again.. they seem flaky but I thought it was dry skin.. noticed her kitten attempted to breastfeed again last night.. mumma stopped her from breastfeeding about 3 weeks into the pregnancy, so maybe she does have milk again? She only tried for a minute then stopped so maybe not.

Will be hard to see discharge as mumma is all black!! But I will probably notice if she is wet around that area.
Thank you for your patience and kindness :) If this goes smoothly, hopefully my shelter will let me foster kittens or pregnant mums in the future!

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well day 67, still no signs of labour... mumma pooped on my bed though, which she has never done.. and I heard her scratching last night under the bed and again this morning on my bed (maybe where she pooped) I bought soft pet blankets for her nesting box.. but I've been reading to put newspaper in there so she can dig? Should I do that? Haven't felt the kittens kick today.. :/ im trying to postpone applying for jobs until these babies are here and I feel like its taking forever!!!

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thankyou:) im trying!!! Thanks for your patience

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you seeing any ripples in her sides yet? If so, that would be contractions.

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is twitching but definitely not contractions.. she's sleeping right now, im guessing if she was in labour she would not be sleeping peacefully? Shes still eating and everything else seems normal.

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, im unable to feel the kittens kicking today whereas they were very active a few days ago.. at what point should I call a vet? Im worried..

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For the last 2-3 days Ive felt little to no movement