Could my rescue cat be pregnant?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys! We decided we are going to keep her.. 3 cats!! Going to be crazy, but there will be so much love! Also, Ive been reading online about genetics.. apparently long haired cats are only produced by two long haired parents? My mumma is short haired but her older kitten is definitely long haired...

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 the nesting box is in my bedroom, and the older kitten has been locked out since the birth.. she usually sleeps with us and I feel so guilty. When will it be safe to bring her back in over night? When she manages to sneak in she runs quickly to the nesting box and I caught her trying to pick the baby up? ( it looked like what she was doing.. biting the neck?) and mumma barely intervened..? Any thoughts?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's just too risky right now until the kittens are bigger, older, and out of the nest. The kitten probably just wants to play, but clearly does not understand that the kittens are not toys. I don't know why mom did not respond, but it is not safe at all.

Can someone sleep elsewhere with the older kitten once in awhile?

I know that guilty feeling well. I was in the room with my mama kitty and her kittens, and had to keep my older cat out. :/

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could also have some hormonal stuff going on if your kitten is 5 months and not spayed. Spaying now could help to calm her down.

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My older kitten is actually spayed:) she was the one who had the costly vet bill.. Also I was observing the little baby kitten today when mumma left the nest and noticed she was started exhaling loudly (like when you blow on your hands in the winter to stay warm) hard to describe but kitten just started doing it about 8 times.. and the little kitten occasionally shakes (almost like she's having a contraction, her whole body) are these normal ?

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe a hissing? It was very strange..