Could my rescue cat be pregnant?

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
What you are describing as twitching down the back sounds normal to me.. I will wait and see if any of the experts comment anything else. But it sounds like something that I have seen many of my fosters do!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The twitching is nothing to be concerned about. She sounds like she's doing fine! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh thank god! I just decided to google it yesterday and a whole bunch of articles and websites popped up saying it was serious and could indicate seizure activity!! Thanks guys I am sorry I ask so many questions!!

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wonder if all her kittens will have her tuxedo colouring.. her kitten has identical colouring but long haired. Her other kitten was all black. I know I should just be patient, just wondering as a few friends have asked about them

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also do the kitten movements feel like little bubbles popping? My boyfriend thinks Im crazy says its her digesting food..

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Should I be concerned about her size? Shes at 50 days gestation and she looks quite small to me.. maybe a small litter? Or should I be worried? Shes eating wet food twice a day (about 3/4 can per day) and sleeps constantly.. all hair has receded from around her nipples. She just seems small to me compared to some posts online.. unless shes going to suddenly grow a bunch in the next 15ish days??

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may have a small litter. She should also get quite a bit bigger in the next 2 weeks or so. This is when the kittens put on weight.

Is that all she wants to eat? She should eat as much as she wants. Try a third meal. Does she have access to dry kitten chow 24/7?

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well im alright with a small litter, better probability finding homes. She had two her first litter. She always has acess to dry food. We can start giving her breakfast, lunch, dinner wet food though. Thank you! sorry for asking so many questions!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No problem! That's what we are here for. 3 wet meals a day sound good. Feed 6-8 hours apart. :)

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_0951.JPG
Finally seeing/feeling movement, all in the same spot so possibly just one little kitten in there? Her appetite has dropped off the past few days managing to get her to eat two wet food meals a day :/ expecting kittens anywhere from Friday to middle of next week :)

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Definitely not as big as most pregnant cats, so Im thinking just a small litter!:)

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hey sorry to post again, quick question.. mama is 60 days pregnant. When I googled it, google said 64-67 day.. but I've been googling it more and checking a variety of websites and I'm getting a wide range.. one website recommended taking her to a vet if she has not gone in into labour by 64 days! From your experience what would you say? I know it's hard to know exactly when fertilization/implantation occured.. I just have an exam to write inconvinently in the next week and I was going to try schedule around the birth if possible.. sorry for asking so many questions, thank you!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The average cat pregnancy is 65 days. Cats can safely go to 70 days. Most don't deliver prior to 63 days, and many deliver at 68 days.

Your cat, at 60 days, if your calculations are correct, likely has another 5-7 days to go in order not to deliver prematurely.

I hope this helps you plan to get your work done asap so you have it behind you when she goes into labor. :)

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Help! My parents just called me and asked me to house sit/babysit my teenage sister for the night.. should I take mumma and her nesting box with me?? Or will that be too stressful? Can ask my boyfriend's sister to check on her periodically.. I kind of want to bring her, they set a room up for her and the kitten..