Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer bold or dark roast
I prefer Espresso lately, it's got such great flavor.

I'm just playing around with that Chobani Vanilla creamer and trying to use it up so I can open a different one tomorrow!
Drinking it with Nescafe dark roast instant coffee in various amounts.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Opened up the Califia Farms Vanilla Almondmilk Creamer. It also has coconut cream in it. It's got a very thick & creamy taste. But it's very low sugar. I'll have to use more or maybe add a little sugar. It's got good flavor though. Made with 2Tsp Nescafe Dark Roast Instant Coffee in water.
1639233283685.png

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dunkin is giving 100 bonus points today and tomorrow if you order on the app. I'm going to go get an Americano. I kind of want to try the holiday blend (2x points on those right now) but I don't trust that they will actually have it. They dropped the Donuts from their name because they want to be known as a coffee shop and they can't be trusted to have coffee made. How pathetic is that? I still have money on my SB card but the idea of having to drive there and then wait and wait and wait makes me want to :angrycat:

DD has a SB at her job. I use the money on my card to get her a coffee when she's working sometimes. She's happy and my impatient self doesn't have to wait in line cursing my decision. Win win.

1639244053208.png

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am an early morning person so when I go to Starbucks it is early in the morning on a weekend so no line. I have seen the long line at the drive thru later in the morning and I wouldn't brave that either.
I just got back from Dunkin. I got an Americano AND a holiday blend. I got the holiday blend to try it out. I got the Americano as backup in case the holiday blend isn't very good. :lol:

I just tried the holiday blend. It's fine. Nothing special. I'll drink it. I'll be climbing the walls when I'm done with these and the cats might threaten me with eviction but oh well. :lol:

I'm not a morning person at all. I'm all owl. There are very few things that I would get up early for. They would all involve either the cats or my DD. Anything for them at any time.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's happy and my impatient self doesn't have to wait in line cursing my decision.
Do they make you wait even if you order it ahead of time on the app?

Found some almond nog at Aldi! Will try it in coffee tomorrow. Also got a califa farms cold brew peppermint mocha with almondmilk.
Cool! Let us know how you like the nog with coffee. I found the regular eggnog really sweet...The Califia Farms creamers aren't sweet enough. But maybe the mocha one will be different. But you add sugar anyway, right?

I added 1TB of sugar to the Califia Farms Vanilla Almondmilk Creamer, and that made it taste better. I doubt I would buy this again though. Drank it with Nescafe dark roast instant coffee made in water.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do they make you wait even if you order it ahead of time on the app?

Cool! Let us know how you like the nog with coffee. I found the regular eggnog really sweet...The Califia Farms creamers aren't sweet enough. But maybe the mocha one will be different. But you add sugar anyway, right?

I added 1TB of sugar to the Califia Farms Vanilla Almondmilk Creamer, and that made it taste better. I doubt I would buy this again though. Drank it with Nescafe dark roast instant coffee made in water.
Yes. You still have to wait in line at the drive through. You could go in and pick it up but I'm not doing that. We have two Starbucks near me. One in target and one in a strip mall. The one in the strip mall is the one I go to. The parking lot is always full. It's also designed very badly especially for the amount of traffic it gets. Whoever designed it clearly never anticipated that a Starbucks would eventually be there. Finding a parking place is usually next to impossible. They need to move it to a few standing building with it's own parking lot. They are always busy.

The one in target doesn't take pre orders.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The standalone Starbucks close to me takes preorders. They have a separate area inside for picking up preorders. There really is no way to separate preorders for the drivethru because there is only one. I haven't done it though because I go at a time when it isn't busy. There is also a Starbucks in the Kroger that I go to and they don't take preorders.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How do they keep the coffee hot all that time? Or do they make it when you get to the window?
That's another reason why I really don't go there. It's never really hot when you get it. It's warm. I have to heat it up more when I get home. I hadn't been there in a long time but decided to give them another chance. It just made me remember why I stopped going. Too few checks in the "pros" column and way too many in the "cons" column.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The standalone Starbucks close to me takes preorders. They have a separate area inside for picking up preorders. There really is no way to separate preorders for the drivethru because there is only one. I haven't done it though because I go at a time when it isn't busy. There is also a Starbucks in the Kroger that I go to and they don't take preorders.
I don't think any of the locations that are in other businesses take pre-orders.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Califia Farms creamers aren't sweet enough. But maybe the mocha one will be different. But you add sugar anyway, right?
Well it's a cold brew and not a creamer, so it's the whole cold coffee. The pumpkin one wasn't sweet enough, so I probably will add sugar even though it never dissolves as well in cold drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.