Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like this Starbucks Italian Roast. I'm not sure if it's the brand I like or the roast. But it's really strong and flavorful. It's helping me not miss my cappuccino so much, but who knows, maybe I will go back to them and my flavored milks someday soon. ☕

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had my dark roast coffee after breakfast and an espresso after lunch. I was tempted to make a cup of coffee after dinner because the temperatures dropped but decided against it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunday was another PS Latte from SB.. but down on the syrup--much better flavor.
I got over caffeinated, yesterday.. so back to tea...

Monday, I had tea with almond milk, and a gluten free pumpkin spice bagel, with pumpkin cream cheese... all from TJ's. I know I am not supposed to have Cream cheese, but this mix is awesome!

I need to stay away from SB for several days. I was over caffeinated on Sunday. I felt it. Not hyper, but too much caffeine.. I need to cut back.

So, I am back to tea with almond milk

This morning: tea with almond milk, oatmeal with real maple syrup, and gigantic blueberries.

Rainy day.. feeling it is a another cup of tea day, later in afternoon.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Monday, I had tea with almond milk, and a gluten free pumpkin spice bagel, with pumpkin cream cheese... all from TJ's.
That sounds delicious, I've never seen gluten free pumpkin spice bagels or pumpkin cream cheese at Trader Joe's so will have to check that out on my next grocery trip there. Thanks for the tip!

I need to stay away from SB for several days. I was over caffeinated on Sunday. I felt it. Not hyper, but too much caffeine.. I need to cut back.
I'm guilty of being over caffeinated from SB too. With their rewards card you can get free refills on coffee or tea so I have indulged myself on one too many occasions. :paperbag:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds delicious, I've never seen gluten free pumpkin spice bagels or pumpkin cream cheese at Trader Joe's so will have to check that out on my next grocery trip there. Thanks for the tip!
When you walk into Trader Joe's, you are in a Pumpkin Spice Fantasy Land!! Pumpkin, everywhere!
A bit overboard, but... they have so much to choose from.

They even have Maple flavored coffee--both keurig and ground. Also, apple spice donuts, and spiced apple cider!! all so yummy. I had to stock up on a box of their Pumpkin Bread mix. it is so good.

I put a box of their pumpkin empanadas, and a box of another pumpkin thing in my freezer.

They also had a lot of squash. I bought a new one: Kabocha Squash. It was a tiny one. I do not know how I am going to cut it open--the skin is so thick, but I really like squash, of all types.

I also bought a package of frozen cooked spaghetti squash, with a tomato sauce. Sounds interesting.

The frozen stuff is for the future. My freezer is so packed.. Honestly, I cannot open it without something falling out!! I am going to have to start using some of the stuff in there.. I did take out a prk tenderloin for last Sunday. Too much for one person, so half of it went back in the freezer--cooked.

I am stocked for the winter. I cannot add another thing in my apartment. It is so hard to pass by any sanitizing wipes, PT, TP, because I use so much of them.. and oatmeal, maple syrup...

Yes, I guess I am a hoarder.. a clean hoarder..

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My Amazon order arrived today, so of course I had to try the French Vanilla. And, not surprisingly, I prefer the Mocha. The French Vanilla actually seemed too sweet, and I have a serious sweet tooth. I didn't hate it, but don't think I'll crave it either, so the 2 containers will likely last quite a while.

1602615073730.png

I am stocked for the winter. I cannot add another thing in my apartment. It is so hard to pass by any sanitizing wipes, PT, TP, because I use so much of them.. and oatmeal, maple syrup...

Yes, I guess I am a hoarder.. a clean hoarder..
With the unknown of what winter will bring, I don't call what you're doing hoarding, but preparing, which I've also been doing. I've been buying sanitizing wipes every time I see them - albeit one container at a time, due to limits - so I have 3 or 4 extras now. I've also started picking up backups of other things too. And I defrosted my freezer, so I'm going to start buying extras for that as well. And, if nothing else, I have enough of the Maxwell flavoured coffee to keep me in hot beverages for months! I've also got 4 spare boxes of litter. And plan to order a couple more cases of Ruby's prescription food.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, all this talk about flavored stuff is making me miss my cappuccinos. 😭
I think I'll have to get some soon.

Today was 1 cup of Starbucks Italian Roast, 1 cup of Hibiscus Tea, and not sure what I'm having tonight. Probably another type of tea.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I bought a new one: Kabocha Squash. It was a tiny one. I do not know how I am going to cut it open--the skin is so thick
My daughter loves Kabocha Squash so I asked her about cutting it open. She said sometimes she'll ask one of the employees in the produce dept. to cut it and wrap it in cellophane for her. Otherwise you can steam it so it softens and then cut it before cooking. Or you can follow the directions here: My Trick to Cutting Kabocha Squash Easily - ASTIG Vegan

It warmed up today so I had an iced Americano in the afternoon. It tasted so good. 👍

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter loves Kabocha Squash so I asked her about cutting it open. She said sometimes she'll ask one of the employees in the produce dept. to cut it and wrap it in cellophane for her. Otherwise you can steam it so it softens and then cut it before cooking. Or you can follow the directions here: My Trick to Cutting Kabocha Squash Easily - ASTIG Vegan

It warmed up today so I had an iced Americano in the afternoon. It tasted so good. 👍
Thanks... I will save this... Perhaps this weekend..

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you can steam it so it softens and then cut it before cooking.
Cool ideas about the squash. We are getting a butternut squash in our Aldi order on Friday. We had an acorn squash last month, it was really tasty!

Today I had 3 cups of Starbucks Italian Roast. The first 2 were drank black, the last 1 was drank with cow milk and 2 packets of Stevia.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was another PSL from SB... I have to stop drinking so many of them. It is the expense plus all the caffeine, and calories.. the sweetness. It definitely keeps me up..

I know I can cut back on how much espresso they use, and the sweetener; but it would not be the same.

Today, back to tea with almond milk.

Need to get back to eating fruit. I stopped for a few days, and I feel it.. Went back to my old habits.. This is not a good month for sticking to diet. Need to get back to it..

Status
Not open for further replies.