Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I set up a Starbucks reward app, a few days ago.
Did you see that Starbucks has Triple Star Thursday today? Three times the stars on almost everything. I have a doctor's appointment and there is a Starbucks literally across from the medical building so I may be very tempted to go especially since it was 47 F this morning.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I was on the Keurig website. Saw Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Coffee k-cups. So tempted to order that one.. I may still do it, after I get paid, (Medicare)....
Ooh...that sounds good. We just got my mom a Keurig machine and are trying to talk her into trying new kinds of coffee. Maybe I'll get her some of that to try.

Did you see that Starbucks has Triple Star Thursday today? Three times the stars on almost everything. I have a doctor's appointment and there is a Starbucks literally across from the medical building so I may be very tempted to go especially since it was 47 F this morning.
I had to go to the urgent care a couple of days ago and was surprised to see a sign that said 'drive through' with a line of cars going in. I was thinking 'A drive through urgent care office? How does that work?!' :headscratch: Turns out it was a Starbuck's right next door to the urgent care but the signage didn't say Starbuck's, so it looked like it was all one place. :lol:

I just recently downloaded the Starbuck's app to try. It is pumpkin spice season after all and I'll be needing more lattes than usual. :biggrin:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think Panera does the free birthday reward thing anymore. I haven't gotten one in at least a few years.

Are any hot drinks ok to discuss in this thread? Or is it just tea and coffee? I haven't had any good tea lately, just the usual Tetley or oolong teas. I was looking at a local tea shop's online site the other day and there are some interesting teas I want to try. Has anyone tried those balls of tea that unfurl into individual leaves in hot water?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Are any hot drinks ok to discuss in this thread? Or is it just tea and coffee?
Of course it's ok, the more the merrier! :thumbsup:
Regarding Panera, I think they must have stopped their Birthday rewards because I have not received any freebies either.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have the Starbucks app, but I haven't put any money on it, so I'm not sure I'm actually earning any stars.
For the Rewards program it used to be you had to purchase 30 drinks before you started earning stars/rewards. I don't know if that has changed but you can just go on their website and look up rewards. Did you register with a user name and password?

This is what it says now on their site:
As a member you’ll collect Stars on almost everything you buy, and those Stars add up to (some really delicious) Rewards. And look out for some surprises and members-only extras.

Scan the app at the register to pay with your Starbucks Card in the app, or order ahead for pickup.

Collect 2 Stars for every dollar you spend.
Collect even more Stars with a Starbucks® RewardsVisa® Card.

Use the app to redeem your Stars for Rewards — like free drinks, food and more.
(When you have multiple items of the same Star value, we’ll apply your Reward to the more expensive item.)

Watch the Stars add up even faster with Double Star Days, special bonuses and games.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice, does not have any sugar in it.
Huh. That sounds like it would be sweet.

Are any hot drinks ok to discuss in this thread? Or is it just tea and coffee?
What other hot drinks are there? Hot chocolate?

I'm drinking Dollar General Clover Valley Dark Roast today. 3 cups during the day. It's pretty good. I made it strong, half a cup of coffee grounds in drip coffee maker.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mulled apple cider is fermented and has spices like cinnamon and nutmeg added, sometimes alcohol as well. It's served warm or hot.
That sounds amazing!

I had Dollar General dark roast today. 3 cups throughout the day. I made it weak today with only 1/3 cup grounds. I think I'll go back to 1/2 cup tomorrow. I like it mega strong to help me power through my day!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I ended coffee.. Got up very late.

It was the Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice, with almond milk... not sweet at all... no sugar or sweetener added..
Along with my oatmeal with blueberries and maple syrup....

Feeling as if I need another cup of caffeine, today..
Hopefully, once I get going, I will be ok, with a cup of tea later this afternoon.

It is chilly outside. Good day for hot drinks.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has ginger, spices and small pieces of nuts in it.
That sounds interesting with the nuts in it! 🥜☕

I'm boring lately I guess, just had Dollar General Dark Roast, made strong with 1/2 cup grounds, 3 cups throughout the day, drinking my last one right now. Nobody else will drink it when I make it this strong, so I just put it in a canning jar in the fridge and reheat.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had 2 cups of my Suisse Mocha today, which might explain why I'm posting this late in the evening. :biggrin:

I really have to get back to drinking my green tea, as even though the calories are low in the Suisse Mocha, they will add up if I drink too much of it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning was a quick cup of tea, with almond milk, and a touch of maple syrup. Had that with my breakfast of: oatmeal, blueberries, teaspoon of maple syrup.

Went Grocery shopping, early--for me, and a few other errands. On the way home, I picked up a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. This was more customized: 3 splashes of syrup, instead of 4; almond milk foam, and extra hot! It was really good. That one less splash fo syrup, really made a difference.

With the Starbucks App, I customized it, from the pharmacy parking lot, and paid for it. By the time I got to SB, it was there, waiting for me.. All I did was walk in, ask for my drink, by my name, and walked out... so easy...

I like really being able to see the ingredients, so I can customize it.

Picked up a couple more boxes of the Keuring Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice coffee.. Just to have in stock, for the future.. Next will be the peppermint mocha...for Christmas..

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First time seeing this thread. Interesting.
I have a little 4 cup pot, & use a tall mug, so get about 2 of those out of it, so only have to make it every other day. I love & buy the Duncan Donuts Cinnamon roll. I do 3 lrg spoonfuls of that & about 4-5 good shakes of cinnamon in the filter w/ it. It's so Yum!
last week, I bought a grocery store (Harris Teeter) trader brand of Pumpkin spice. I also added the cinnamon in w/ it ,& is so good!

With being on bp meds, I can only drink one cup in the morning. Funny, even though I only drink one, if I don't, I'll start getting a headache later in the afternoon. ...crazy.

I do like tea as well. It was cloudy & chilly yesterday, so I had a cup of some lemon, ginger, tumeric. Peppermint is a favorite too. With teas, I try to do more "therapeutic" ones. I should add green tea too, if it won't increase my bp in addition to coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.