Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just finishing up a cup of after-lunch Cafe Mocha. ☕

I'm running low, though, with only enough for maybe 3 more cups. And there's no way I'm going to Walmart just for Cafe Mocha, so it may be a while til I have it again. :sigh:

I don't think they put much coffee in these instant mixes.
Which likely explains why I like it. ;)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I added some cinnamon- the cinnamon is great in it!
Yum! I'll have to try cinnamon on my mocha mint cappuccino.

I do like almond milk in a latte. My second favorite milk substitute is oat milk, have you tried it?
No, I only have soy milk, almond milk, rice milk, coconut milk. I'm really loving the almond milk! It adds a sweet, nutty flavor.

there's no way I'm going to Walmart just for Cafe Mocha
Can you order it online?

I had another Hills Bros classic cappuccino made with warm almond milk and heaping tsp dark coffee, after dinner. So yummy.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friends & family on Facebook keep recommending Oat Milk and Cashew Milk. So I guess I will have to try those also!

This morning I had hot Hills Bros French Vanilla Cappuccino made with Vanilla Rice Dream. It was too sweet. I prefer the "Original" flavors of these milk alternatives. This surprised me because I thought I would like the vanilla flavor best, but it's too sweet.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My friends & family on Facebook keep recommending Oat Milk and Cashew Milk. So I guess I will have to try those also!

This morning I had hot Hills Bros French Vanilla Cappuccino made with Vanilla Rice Dream. It was too sweet. I prefer the "Original" flavors of these milk alternatives. This surprised me because I thought I would like the vanilla flavor best, but it's too sweet.
The Silk almond/coconut blend is really good. They have unsweetened which I prefer over the sweetened one.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can you order it online?
Possibly. It's out of stock online at Walmart, however, it's back in stock at Amazon, but it's a "add on" so I need to find $25 of other stuff to buy first, which won't be hard, if Amazon has things I need like lip balm, tea, etc in stock. I really miss the "good old days" of being able to go to any and every store whenever I want. :sigh:

I prefer the "Original" flavors of these milk alternatives. This surprised me because I thought I would like the vanilla flavor best, but it's too sweet.
I haven't tried too many of the milk alternatives. But I like a vanilla flavour one with my dry cereal, as it sweetens it enough that I no longer need to add sugar. I, of course, like the chocolate flavours too. That's both with a soymilk. I tried a plain rice milk once and didn't care for it.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise

I will have to try cashew milk. Maybe I can alternate with the flavored creamers.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight after dinner, I cuddled with Demi and I had Hills Bros Mocha Mint Cappuccino made with warm Vanilla Coconut Milk. It was too sweet. I wouldn't buy the Vanilla Coconut Milk again.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had the same thing this morning, Hills Bros Mocha Mint Cappuccino mixed into the warm Vanilla Coconut milk. It's too sweet, but I'm trying to use it up. I prefer Original or Unsweetened over the vanilla.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anybody know if canned coconut milk is different from the kind in the carton? Can I use a mug full of the canned kind to make a hot cappuccino?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does anybody know if canned coconut milk is different from the kind in the carton? Can I use a mug full of the canned kind to make a hot cappuccino?
I think it's the same as long as you get coconut milk and not cream of coconut which is sweetened but it does make amazing pina coladas though!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a cappuccino with half vanilla coconut milk & half vanilla rice milk. It tasted better that way. It makes sense because coconut rice tastes good. I made it with the mocha mint flavor again. And cuddled with my Demi-kins again. :thumbsup:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the canned coconut milk is different than the drinking kind. It's usually meant for recipes and is richer. But give it a try; maybe you'll like it better!

Yeah, of the alternative "milks", I like the unsweetened almond/coconut mix best.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's usually meant for recipes and is richer.
Yeah, it seems to have a lot more fat in it. But what the heck, it's only one can and I need to gain at least 5 pounds anyway. :thumbsup:

I had another cappuccino after dinner. Same thing, Mocha Mint made with warm vanilla rice dream and added tsp dark coffee. It's kind of growing on me.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had Mocha Mint cappuccino made with warm regular milk this morning. My mom bought so much milk that I'm afraid it will spoil. How long can you keep milk in the fridge before it goes bad? She is starting to hoard milk now, she never did that before. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.