Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hills Bros English Toffee cappuccino with lactose free whole milk. I think I'm getting sick of sugary drinks. I'm craving some Sumatra!
Never saw that coming. What happened? :eek2:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since it's the weekend and supposed to rain all day that means I'll be imbibing with several cups of my favorite dark roast coffee. :thumbsup:

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I got to sit on my backyard patio in the sun this morning, it was warm enough, to enjoy the usual Sumatra Dark Roast combined with Brazil Decaf, with creamer and cinnamon sprinkled in. Going to be a good day. :sunshine::sunshine:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered some French Vanilla Syrup from Sam's Club. The cappuccino powder mixes are so diluted now. You have to use like 1/4 cup to even taste any coffee or vanilla. With the syrup I would only have to use like a Tablespoon. I know they use the syrups at the coffee shops.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm loving my new soy milk! It's Silk Original Soy Milk in the red carton. It is sweetened, but no vanilla, the vanilla makes it too sweet. I warmed it up and put 1/4 cup Hills Bros Hazelnut Cappuccino powder and 2 tsp Community dark roast instant coffee. Yummy. I will have the same thing again around 7pm.

scarlettleia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I drink Tugboat brews coffee (Link for any of you europeans! Coffee)
They're a small coffee blend shop in Cornwall and their coffees are just divine. Usually it's a Tugboat 23 which is a dark roast espresso blend, or one of their flavoured blends if I'm feeling frisky. I like the irish whiskey cream, maple and peacan and salted caramel flavours best.
They also often send you a pack of chocolate covered coffee beans when you order too, which is a nice touch!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had hazelnut cappuccino in warm soy milk. I'm out of cappuccino! Boo hoo! :bawling:
I ordered some from Sam's Club, but they are so slow now, it hasn't even shipped. Guess I'll have to drink black coffee for a while. I only have medium Maxwell House and the rest of that Hazelnut ground.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had hazelnut cappuccino in warm soy milk. I'm out of cappuccino! Boo hoo! :bawling:
I sympathize with you. :hugs: I still haven't had the last of my Cafe Mocha, but once I do, that's it till probably May 12th, unless Amazon surprises me. I'm even running low on my Lemon Green Tea, which is included in the Amazon order.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hills Bros English Toffee cappuccino with lactose free whole milk. I think I'm getting sick of sugary drinks. I'm craving some Sumatra!
Never saw that coming. What happened? :eek2:
I used to drink my coffee like that too and lost my taste for it. I do add half & half but no sugar and I no longer have a taste for the General Food International Coffees (now Maxwell House) that have the creamer/sugar added. I also can no longer stand those flavored sugary creamers. Your taste buds change over time. Mine sure have. I used to have a wicked sweet tooth and now I much prefer salty/savory things.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetened or Unsweetened? I like the sweetened ones, but without vanilla.
There was no sweetened, so I got unsweetened, and no flavor added (like vanilla.) If I need a little sweet (I don't like a lot) I have some Stevia to add. But I like coffee with no to very little sweet added.
The only size they had was a whole half gallon so I'll be using it for other things too!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to drink my coffee like that too and lost my taste for it. I do add half & half but no sugar
I noticed that drinking coffee black, you really get the flavor of the coffee. It's kinda like sampling different red wines. This could be a fun hobby.

I had 2 cups of Community Coffee instant dark roast. I used 2 tsp. I like it, but I would rather have named roasts like Sumatra, French, Italian. I think it makes it more exciting than just drinking a generic dark roast.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I noticed that drinking coffee black, you really get the flavor of the coffee. It's kinda like sampling different red wines. This could be a fun hobby.

I had 2 cups of Community Coffee instant dark roast. I used 2 tsp. I like it, but I would rather have named roasts like Sumatra, French, Italian. I think it makes it more exciting than just drinking a generic dark roast.
Do you ever brew it yourself or just use instant? I grind the beans myself and brew it fresh. It's so good.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you ever brew it yourself or just use instant? I grind the beans myself and brew it fresh.
Sometimes. We have a drip coffee maker. The only coffee we have right now is ground, Maxwell House medium roast and New England Coffee Hazelnut. I've never actually tried making whole bean coffee, since we don't have a grinder. Is it worth investing in one?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes. We have a drip coffee maker. The only coffee we have right now is ground, Maxwell House medium roast and New England Coffee Hazelnut. I've never actually tried making whole bean coffee, since we don't have a grinder. Is it worth investing in one?
They don't have to be expensive. I think it's worth it. You can also use it to grind nuts, seeds, herbs and spices. Here's one as an example. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004SPEU/?tag=thecatsite

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've never actually tried making whole bean coffee, since we don't have a grinder. Is it worth investing in one?
Definitely, 100% - I've been grinding my beans for years and it makes such a big difference. Kat0121 Kat0121 is right, coffee grinders don't have to be expensive. Once you grind your own beans you'll never go back to buying ground coffee again. However, it might make you want to drink more coffee. :lol:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely, 100% - I've been grinding my beans for years and it makes such a big difference. Kat0121 Kat0121 is right, coffee grinders don't have to be expensive. Once you grind your own beans you'll never go back to buying ground coffee again. However, it might make you want to drink more coffee. :lol:
I agree. I definitely drink more now. I've also been grinding the beans myself for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.