Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had French Vanilla cappuccino with warm almond milk this morning, the original sweetened kind. It's a little sweet without the extra coffee added. I ran out of instant coffee. This cappuccino mix really isn't strong enough, coffee is next to the last thing on the ingredients list, so there isn't much in there.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had French Vanilla cappuccino with warm almond milk this morning, the original sweetened kind. It's a little sweet without the extra coffee added. I ran out of instant coffee. This cappuccino mix really isn't strong enough, coffee is next to the last thing on the ingredients list, so there isn't much in there.
It's mostly powdered non dairy creamer and sugar.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have liquid ones in the dairy section also.
Yeah, I've had the liquid ones. But they don't seem to have as much flavor as my cappuccino mix. But maybe the powdered creamers would. I've never tried them. I'll see if I can throw one in my next order. If they have it, Walmart doesn't have anything I want lately.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The Starbucks closest to our house reopened their drive-thru today so we went mostly to say hi to the employees we know. Thankfully everyone was safe and well. I used a reward to order a Flat White w/almond milk. I have to admit it tasted pretty good. However, I'm starting to run low on my favorite beans which are not from Starbucks so will probably make a run to the local roaster this weekend.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually buy Maxwell House coffee, but I tried some Folgers and it was so good, I think I might switch.
Last night I mixed coconut milk, almond milk, and rice milk together for my cappuccino. It was really good all mixed together!
This morning I just used regular milk. I really need some instant coffee to add to this, but I'll all out. Need to make an order.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite coffee company offered me a discount code over the weekend so I ordered 2 of these to add to my coffee club. Just Black Coffee Roast

Today they sent me a code for $10 off for being a coffee club member so of course, I ordered one of these Vanilla Coffee Roast

and one of these Freedom Fuel Coffee Roast

I normally don't do flavored coffee because it's pre-ground and the "flavor" usually tastes like chemicals but I'm going to try theirs. They haven't let me down yet.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried the coconut/almond mix? I think it's Blue Diamond brand. That one's my favorite. Just almond is too watery for me, and I don't like just coconut either.

I've never been able to use non-dairy milks in my coffee. It just seems to water it down without making it creamy. But then I don't like regular milk in my coffee either---only half and half or heavy cream.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I looked it up, and, yep, Blue Diamond (Almond Breeze) is the one I like. Silk also has an almond/coconut blend, but I haven't tried that one.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I woke up really early for me, 5:30 a.m. I tried to go back to sleep but no dice. I'm sure I'll have an extra cup or two or three of my dark roast coffee today. ;)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I finished off my last Cafe Mocha a couple days ago. So now I'm waiting for my Amazon order, which is finally supposed to arrive next week. The order was split in two, and of course the part without the coffee is on track to arrive first. :rolleyes3:

While I wait, I've been drinking the mocha stuff I don't even like. Oh well, once it's gone, that'll make room in the cupboard for something else chocolately. :yummy:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried the coconut/almond mix? I think it's Blue Diamond brand. That one's my favorite. Just almond is too watery for me, and I don't like just coconut either.

I've never been able to use non-dairy milks in my coffee. It just seems to water it down without making it creamy. But then I don't like regular milk in my coffee either---only half and half or heavy cream.
I agree. the coconut/almond is the best non dairy milk IMO. The Blue Diamond is the brand I've tried too.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I mixed the sweetened coconut milk with water, heated in microwave, then added cappuccino powder and instant Folgers coffee. This seemed to taste better, with half milk and half water.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this is a coffee thread, but........ I have had to give up coffee... :(

About Tea: I am beginning to appreciate the differences in particular brands of teas.. Not only the type, but also the different produces.

Kind of getting to be a tea snob!
I am find the differences between Tazo Tea, PG Tips (English) and Barry's English Breakfast (Ireland). They all have a different flavor. I am enjoying the discoveries.

I really do not care for regular American Tea; as in Tetley or Salada. I find them to be very weak. I like the bolder flavors, without the acidity.

Green Tea, also has different flavors when you compare brands. Pretty fun to find the differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.