Coffee and Tea Talk - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I stopped by the grocery that has the large assortment of bulk coffee beans and picked up some of the Michigan Cherry coffee. I have tried a few of their coffee but this one is the best. The cherry flavoring is very subtle with a chocolate undertone, really good.
any chance it was Magnum Coffee?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I remember years (decades) ago, before I had the boys, I was browsing in a big, upscale department store, and ran across a coffee machine to end all coffee machines. It would custom roast green coffee beans, then custom grind them, then make the coffee. Over 40 years ago, and I STILL think about that coffee maker! Dear Lord, it was expensive, but it has stayed in my mind all this time as the epitome of indulgence!

For me, tonight will be MORE hot chocolate! Of course, I've already had my house blend.

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I remember years (decades) ago, before I had the boys, I was browsing in a big, upscale department store, and ran across a coffee machine to end all coffee machines. It would custom roast green coffee beans, then custom grind them, then make the coffee. Over 40 years ago, and I STILL think about that coffee maker! Dear Lord, it was expensive, but it has stayed in my mind all this time as the epitome of indulgence!

For me, tonight will be MORE hot chocolate! Of course, I've already had my house blend.
I remember as a kid looking at this guy who owned a 1969 Trans Am. It looked sexy and sleek and I thought it must fast and fun to drive. I have dreamt of that car for decades with fondness, even though I have owned a Trans Am for over 40 years. Its funny how things stick with you. Its too bad you don't remember the brand of coffee maker. You never know there might still be one out there. There is nothing like fulfilling a dream!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You never know there might still be one out there.
I've searched it every way I know how. I can't find a mention of it anywhere. I have a feeling that it quickly went under, due to the difficulty in purchasing green coffee beans in manageable amounts! And this was back before there were home computers, so no google searching! There are several that grind and brew, though.

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've searched it every way I know how. I can't find a mention of it anywhere. I have a feeling that it quickly went under, due to the difficulty in purchasing green coffee beans in manageable amounts! And this was back before there were home computers, so no google searching! There are several that grind and brew, though.
There is one that does this but it looks a bit iffy. See the link attached. It roasts! It grinds! It brews! But this coffee wonder has a bitter side The one you saw was truly ahead of its time.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Will this be fixed by Friday?!!
It depends since there are various factors that go into when it will be fixed especially since you mentioned it was a big water break. Do you know how many businesses were affected? The best thing to do is call your town's Public Works Department. They would be the ones to ask when it will be fixed since they have to test the water to determine when it's safe. Good luck and fingers crossed.:crossfingers:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There is one that does this but it looks a bit iffy. See the link attached. It roasts! It grinds! It brews! But this coffee wonder has a bitter side The one you saw was truly ahead of its time.
GOODNESS! It really was ahead of its time! The one I saw was back around, oh...1978 or so. It was much bigger than the new one, and it did not have a little computer control panel, of course. Everything was dials. And the beans were measured and loaded by hand into a hopper. MUCH simpler, and you could get the beans anywhere (IF you could source them).

Not sure what I'll be drinking tonight. Maybe another cup of the house blend. I could use a little boost.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom gave me a suggestion. Go to a different town for coffee! Duh! Why didn't I think of that?! All the surrounding towns have Tim Hortons and Dunkin. I swear my mind is gone. No end to water break, so going to different town tomorrow with high school friend.

Eggnog Latte with honey & maple syrup at Jernabi coffee house!
IMG_20231229_132531_tmp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.