Coffee and Tea Talk - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
neely neely --I had a Vanilla Macchiato at Dunkin today! I like it so much better than the Vanilla Latte! So I'll get that from now on.
Guess what? So did I and I took a pic for you. :camera: We went into the city and stopped at an independent coffee shop I really like so I knew they would make the macchiato the right way. They asked if I wanted 1 or 2 shots of espresso and I said I'll go for 2. They made the drink the traditional way which was almost as small as an espresso but I really enjoyed it.👍

IMG_1865.jpeg

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They made the drink the traditional way which was almost as small as an espresso but I really enjoyed it
Mine was the same size as a medium latte. I think they are about 16oz?
I'm so glad you enjoyed the Macchiato! I really liked it too. I will order that from now on.

Today I had coffee at my friend's house with all the cappuccino supplies I leave there, then on the way home I stopped for a medium 20 ounce vanilla cappuccino at a local market, it was the kind that you push the button & it comes out of the machine. So good & sweet. Only $1.83.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Americano
I saw that on the menu. What is that again? I'm going to town tomorrow to my new doctor, so I will stop & get 2 coffees during the day. I will probably get a macchiato, then a dark roast, with flavored syrup added to each of course. Fun!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I saw that on the menu. What is that again?
It's espresso with hot water but it's important that they pour the hot water in first then the espresso, not the other way around. Otherwise the hot water will break apart the espresso and you won't get the right taste. Nothing else should be added to it. Enjoy!

Two cups of dark roast black coffee on this very dreary and rainy day.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now, there's a thought... I may have to play with this. Pour a cup of strong black coffee over a scoop of my favorite ice creams!
There is an Italian dessert called Affogato. It is a shot of espresso poured over gelato, or in the U.S. ice cream is more readily available. Traditionally vanilla but there are no dessert police. Sometimes a shot of liqueur is also added.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There is an Italian dessert called Affogato. It is a shot of espresso poured over gelato, or in the U.S. ice cream is more readily available. Traditionally vanilla but there are no dessert police. Sometimes a shot of liqueur is also added.
Would this qualify? Large mug. One scoop Bailey's Irish Cream, one shot Baileys' Irish Cream Liqueur.. Top off with hot coffee.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely --You would love Dunkin's new Midnight Dark Roast Coffee. I had a coupon for a free one today with my Vanilla Macchiato. I don't usually drink two drinks in a row, but I thought, what the heck, I'll try it for free! It was good, really dark and strong. But the Macchiato is definitely my drink from now on!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Dark roast black this morning and had to get new coffee beans this afternoon so I had a large oat milk latte w/cinnamon on top. I asked them if they make a Macchiato the same way I had it over the weekend, i.e. as small as an espresso and they said yes, that's the correct method. So I may or may not get it again. :dunno:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is a Cortado? I doubt they have it. We only have Tim Horton's & Dunkin and they only have the usual drinks.

as small as an espresso and they said yes, that's the correct method. So I may or may not get it again.
That would definitely be too small for me too! Not satisfying enough. Dunkin is really good though, give it a try! Try the macchiato and the midnight dark roast.

1/4 cup vanilla cappuccino powder, 2Tsp Cafe Bustelo Instant Espresso, 1/4 cup Califia Farms Cookie Butter Creamer, 3/4 Cup Great Value Vanilla Almond Milk. This creamer is yummy!
1683809194883.png

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I found good discounts on the ' Clearance ' markdown shelf at the market.
Caramal syrup $1.2o. Coffee $2.5o. MonkFruit $2.oo. Grinder $11.5o
If I had a French press I could go into business !
Santee Claws came late this year.
Wish that you all could come over for a cup ... ☕😚
20230511_110453.jpg

20230511_112739.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.