Coffee and Tea Talk - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
😳 ⁉ Sounds like some of you are drinking ice cream instead of coffee ...
Now, there's a thought... I may have to play with this. Pour a cup of strong black coffee over a scoop of my favorite ice creams!

I had my usual cup of home-made half-caff when I got up. Tonight, I'm going to go all plebeian and have a cup of Swiss Miss chocolate with marshmallows. Just not in the mood for fancy chocolate OR tea tonight.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
real coffee
It's still real coffee. We just add stuff to it. We don't take anything away.

1/3 Cup Vanilla Cappuccino Powder from a little mom and pop store, 1TB Nescafe Dark Roast Instant Coffee finished it up, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup milk, 2TB Torani Vanilla Syrup. Finally sweet enough!!!

I wonder if the Dunkin & Tim Horton's drinks are just too watered down, and that's why I don't like them? Would it help to ask for an extra shot of espresso? Has anybody ever tried that? It's expensive though. $1.19 extra I think!!!

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely --Maybe it's a Macchiato that I'm looking for? Are those made with an extra shot of espresso? That would be cheaper than getting a latte with an extra shot of espresso added. Then I could have them add sugar if it's not sweet enough?

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Now, there's a thought... I may have to play with this. Pour a cup of strong black coffee over a scoop of my favorite ice creams!
~ There is actually Coffee ice cream that is exactly that — strong black coffee with heavy cream and sugar. You can even make your own ! Good stuff . 🍨
It's still real coffee. We just add stuff to it.
~ That's what Dr. Welby says too ! ☺☕'

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haagen Das coffee ice cream is outstanding, but then everything they make is..
The Talenti cold brew sorbetto is amazing, too.

J's school starts at 9, abs M had a doctor's appointment at 10, so rather than coming home for 20 minutes, slightly out of the way, we went to Corner Bakery on the way to the ped. I had a delicious truffle mocha and pumpkin muffin. M had a nap.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
neely neely --Maybe it's a Macchiato that I'm looking for? Are those made with an extra shot of espresso? That would be cheaper than getting a latte with an extra shot of espresso added. Then I could have them add sugar if it's not sweet enough?
The amount of espresso varies by where you order it, i.e. some places only use one shot of espresso and others use two. So I would ask before you order it. The main difference is that a latte has more milk. But you peeked my caffeine curiosity since I usually order a latte or flat white. If I'm being cheap I order an Americano instead. But I think I might try a macchiato now. We should both order one and compare the difference. :think:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what Dr. Welby says too !
I tried one of those fake coffees at my friend's house. It was delicious! It had barley & chicory in it. It was a fun change.

I had a delicious truffle mocha
I'm definitely gonna try something mocha tomorrow! I'll report back!

I think I might try a macchiato now. We should both order one and compare the difference.
Yes! We should both try the Macchiato. It's worth a try. I'll be sure to add a few sugars with mine and probably vanilla syrup to make sure it's sweet enough. I have to try something different because I keep ordering all these expensive vanilla lattes and they just taste too watered down to me. So maybe the Macchiato will be more my style.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I may gain weight just reading some of these posts ... 🥴"'
For a few more pounds: There was a restaurant near one of the places I used to work and they made an ice cream pie to die for. Oreo cookie crust, filled with coffee ice cream, then layer of caramel, layer of hot fudge and then whipped cream on each slice. All the good stuff in one amazing dessert.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
There was a restaurant near one of the places I used to work and they made an ice cream pie to die for. Oreo cookie crust, filled with coffee ice cream, then layer of caramel, layer of hot fudge and then whipped cream on each slice. All the good stuff in one amazing dessert.
I only have one word for that minus the caramel- yum! :yummy:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may gain weight just reading some of these posts .
I doubt it. I drink 2 of my sugary drinks every single day, and I keep losing weight. I'm down to the size I was in 7th grade. I never thought I would see this size again in a billion years.

minus the caramel
You don't like caramel? It's not my favorite, but it's okay.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely --I had a Vanilla Macchiato at Dunkin today! I like it so much better than the Vanilla Latte! So I'll get that from now on. My friend also told me to try getting dark roast and having them add the vanilla syrup to that. So I'll try that sometime next week.

I also tried a Mocha Latte. I didn't like that. But I'm not a big fan of chocolate.

Status
Not open for further replies.