Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Dark roast coffee, my usual morning drink. I met a friend this afternoon and had a large black iced coffee. I also bought two of their vegan breakfast bars to bring home for DH and me. It's a privately owned coffee shop and the owner's mom makes the best desserts.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cup of Bolthouse Farms Mocha Protein Drink, 1/3 Cup Maxwell House Vanilla Caramel Cappuccino. I guess I don't like chocolate very much. I think I'm going to order this White Chocolate cappuccino and see if I like that better.
1652556603520.png

rubysmama rubysmama -- What is the deal with white chocolate? I read that it's not real chocolate. So what is it exactly?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Isn't it funny how you like sweet dessert, but not sweet coffee, and I like sweet coffee, but not sweet dessert?
You're absolutely right! :thumbsup: I think it might be because growing up my mom loved dessert but not sweet coffee. I must have followed in her footsteps.:wink:

Dark roast black coffee this morning and a 16 oz. Iced Americano this afternoon.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wasn't really sure, so I googled.
Well what is Cocoa Butter? That's not chocolate?

Cup of Take Two Barista Barley Milk, 1/3 Cup Maxwell House Mocha Cappuccino, 1Tsp Pilon Instant Espresso. It's okay, but not something I would ever request. I should try adding a little flavored sugar later and see if that would jazz it up.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, not sure.
Okay, I googled it. It said in order to be called White Chocolate, it has to have Cocoa Butter in it. If it doesn't, then they have to leave out the word Chocolate and be called White baking chip/morsels or whatever the product is.

Your darker chocolates are the beans ground up into a liquor. White Chocolate is the cocoa butter/fat I guess. So it is real chocolate, just not as intense. I might like it in cappuccino. I'll give it a try...

I guess it's usually cocoa butter, milk, vanilla, sugar.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And see, these products can call themselves White Chocolate because they have Cocoa in the ingredients, while the other products use Oil instead of Cocoa:
Lindt Lindor White Chocolate Truffles - Walmart.com
Caffe D'Vita Premium Instant White Chocolate Cappuccino, 16 oz Canister - Walmart.com
Hills Bros. Cappuccino White Chocolate Caramel Medium Roast Instant Coffee, 16 Oz - Walmart.com

Very interesting! Glad I researched this. I'd like to compare both. So watch out for the title of your products, if it says White Chocolate, then it is. But if they leave out the word Chocolate, then you are just actually eating/drinking Oil, Milk, Sugar, Vanilla concoction, not real chocolate.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got an email Starbucks is doing a giveaway of an electric vehicle if you’re the lucky winner. (I seem to receive their emails b/c I told them I’m thrilled some of their stores are unionizing). You probably have to be a Starbucks Member, though.

decaf, black, …in the fog.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Mocha tasted soooo much better with sugar added. I added 1/2TB Peppermint Sugar. Odd that it needed sugar, because I figure these mixes are already really high in sugar. I think I'm going to order the white chocolate cappuccino tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.