Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Attempted to add chocolate powder to my spiced coffee. It didn’t go as well as I’d hoped.
Chocolate powder usually needs a fat to bind to, so I mixed it with half and half first.
Still, once mixed into the coffee, it fell to the bottom of the cup after a few minutes. meh

Also, never been a fan of white chocolate. It’s always tasted oily/fatty and bland to me. Now I know why. 😏

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
decaf, black, …in the fog.
What, no REAL coffee? Lol, I thought you only drank regular coffee.

Also, never been a fan of white chocolate. It’s always tasted oily/fatty and bland to me. Now I know why. 😏
I agree! :agree: It's like fake chocolate.

It was a nice morning but cloudy and rainy this afternoon so I had a large mug of my dark roast coffee/black.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
What, no REAL coffee? Lol, I thought you only drank regular coffee.

I agree! :agree: It's like fake chocolate.

It was a nice morning but cloudy and rainy this afternoon so I had a large mug of my dark roast coffee/black.
:flail:…real coffee is something I allow myself as a special treat. :) Otherwise I get the jitters.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cup of Bolthouse Farms Vanilla Chai Protein Drink, 1/4 Cup Maxwell House International Hazelnut Cappuccino Powder. Microwaved for 2 minutes 20 seconds, powder added last 40 seconds.

If anybody is missing Eggnog during the summer months when the stores don't have it, just buy protein drinks, they taste exactly like Eggnog with your coffee. They heat up fine in the microwave, just watch to make sure they don't boil over all over the place!

1652711337914.png
1652711416141.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
none of that fancy complicated stuff for me
Fancy pants coffee drinks are fabulous!

oooo yum eggnog flavor!!
Yeah, the flavored protein drinks taste just like eggnog, so there must be some similar ingredients.

I finally got my drink exactly right! I'm gonna try to repeat the results with each flavor. What worked best was:
Half Cup Water
Half Cup Take Two Barista Barley Milk
1/4 Cup Maxwell House Hazelnut Cappuccino Powder
Microwaved 2 minutes 20 seconds
Added powder last 40 seconds

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Half Cup Water, Half Cup Take Two Barista Barley Milk, finished it up, 1/4 Cup Hills Bros Salted Caramel Cappuccino Powder. Microwaved 2 minutes 20 seconds, added powder last 40 seconds. This is definitely the best way to make it, so I will stick to this way when trying a new flavor before I experiment. I wish I had some of that mocha left to try it this way. I can always order more...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could actually go for another right now but will have dinner first and then decide.
Does it keep you awake at night if you drink it that late?

Half Cup Water, Half Cup Take Two Original Sweetened Barley Milk, 1/4 Cup Hills Bros Salted Caramel Cappuccino Powder. Microwaved 2 minutes 20 seconds, added powder last 40 seconds. It overflowed all over the microwave, which was odd because I had just stirred it and put it back in for only 10 remaining seconds. Maybe I didn't leave enough room at the top?
1652877262624.png
1652877342274.png

Status
Not open for further replies.