Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of a Cinnamon Oat Milk! Must be something new. I'm gonna order it next month. It uses that Erythritol sweetener that I like:
View attachment 420764
I grabbed a nut pods at the store yesterday. Cinnamon swirl almond and coconut creamer. I'm saving it for the next time we go visit the in-laws so I won't have to refrigerate it on the way there and it's so cute and small and perfect for a couple days.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I'll make a trip to the chocolate cafe on Friday for a treat :yummy: Not sure yet if I will get a hot chocolate or an ice drinking chocolate. It's too early for the seasonal summer drinks. I hope they have jasmine lemonade again this year. It's so good :yummy:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Half Cup Water, Half Cup Milkadamia White Chocolate Peppermint Macadamia Milk, 1/4 Cup Hills Bros French Vanilla Cappuccino Powder. Microwaved 2 minutes 20 seconds, powder added last 40 seconds. I wasn't thrilled with it, but the last sip started to get good, so maybe white chocolate is growing on me? We'll see, I'll play around with it...
1652967738624.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'm gonna experiment and try using less cappuccino powder instead of more. I did 5TB, then 4TB, tomorrow I'm gonna try 3TB.
I never really tried using less.

This afternoon I did full cup of Milkadamia White Chocolate Peppermint Macadamia Milk, 3TB Hills Bros French Vanilla Cappuccino Powder, 1TB Cinnamon Honey Sugar Powder. Microwaved 2 minutes 15 seconds, powder added last 40 seconds. It was way too sweet, hence my idea to try the less is more approach. It could work. I've tried all the other combinations. I'll try just 3TB Cappuccino powder, then I'll try 2TB Cappuccino powder with 1TB Sugar.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that one is unsweetened though, that's why I didn't get that flavor. You'll probably have to add some sugar! The Cookie Butter and Sweet Creme ones are the only ones sweetened with Erythritol I think.
I checked today and you're right, it is unsweetened. But I always put sugar in my coffee anyway, so no big deal for me.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I checked today and you're right, it is unsweetened. But I always put sugar in my coffee anyway, so no big deal for me.
Please let me know how it tastes when you open it. I prefer sweetened, but maybe I can sweeten it myself.

Drinking-- Full cup Milkadamia White Chocolate Peppermint Macadamia Milk, 3TB Hills Bros French Vanilla Cappuccino Powder. Microwaved 2 minutes 20 seconds, powder added last 50 seconds. Meh, not good. I'll keep playing around with it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on the area I am in, as Dunkin has stores everywhere; whereas Starbucks only has very few.

I am hooked on Dunkin Cold Brew with extra almond milk. I make sure I get it at one particular shop. They know how to do 'Extra" almond milk.

I am also hooked on SB's Green Tea Lemonade!

These are my 2 summer drinks. I am going to try to cut down a bit. It is getting too expensive.

I think I may try to make my own green tea lemonade. That is, once the hot weather is here. It would be great in a cold insulated mug, while playing Bocce!!

I have been back to my same old, uninteresting morning coffee: plain with almond milk. I m varying the breakfast though--eating too many sweets, due to stress... gotta get back to oatmeal and blueberries.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dunkin has stores everywhere; whereas Starbucks only has very few
Yes, we even have a Dunkin in town, and there is another one on the Reservation. Starbucks is 2 hours away. I've only been there on vacations.

uninteresting morning coffee: plain with almond milk
I think coffee is always interesting, even plain. I used to drink it for the coffee bean flavor, now I drink it for the sweet flavorings. Maybe I will try it plain again one of these days.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Half Cup Water, Half Cup Milkadamia White Chocolate Peppermint Macadamia Milk, 2TB Hills Bros French Vanilla Cappuccino Powder, 1TB Cinnamon Honey Sugar. Blech.

I think I'm going to give up on chocolate and go back to vanilla. But I did like the Hazelnut Cappuccino I think, and the Cookie Butter Creamer. So I did branch out a bit.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
plain kona coffee LTS3 LTS3 :biggrin:what is a chocolate cafe?

A cafe that sells chocolate drinks (and coffee and tea) and pastry items and also has packaged artisanal and handemade chocolates for sale.

Old picture:

20190413_080110.jpg

I tried the single source Madagascar hot chocolate and got a slice of lemon cake and a cookie. The hot chocolate was thick and sugary :yummy:

20220520_100439[1].jpg

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Half Cup Water, Half Cup Milkadamia White Chocolate Peppermint Macadamia Milk, 1/4 Cup Hills Bros French Vanilla Cappuccino Powder. Microwaved 2 minutes10 seconds, powder added last 40 seconds. It wasn't quite hot enough.

That's the last of the white chocolate. I might try hot chocolate later this afternoon, then be done with chocolate, and go on to my other flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.