Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Half Cup So Delicious Sweetened Coconut Milk, Half Cup Water, 1/4 Cup Hills Bros Classic Cappuccino, 1/2TB Pilon Espresso, microwaved for 2 minutes, powders added last 20 seconds, stirring like 3 times. It was okay, not my best concoction, kinda bitter for some reason.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 Cup of Water, 1/4 Cup Hills Bros Classic Cappuccino. Microwaved for 2 minutes, then added the powder. I really prefer it with half milk. But it did stay hotter longer made with just water, and I didn't have to stir. It just tasted too watered down without the milk. I like experimenting to learn the best way to do things though.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH discovered a new independent coffee shop we haven't been to yet. It's a little further from our house but since we had no special plans today we thought we'd take a ride to check it out. It gets a 10 in my book so we'll definitely be going back. I got my usual latte with cinnamon on top and it tasted great. :thumbsup:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 Cup of 2% Milk microwaved for 2 minutes, added 1/4 Cup Hills Bros Classic Cappuccino the last 30 seconds. Stirred several times. Pretty good, but I think I prefer half milk, half water.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Columbian Coffee K-Cup (milk, less than tsp of maple syrup); a container of OUI coconut milk strawberry yogurt... It was good, but tiny... Good for a small breakfast or a quick snack..

The Oui is a bit pricey, comes in a glass container---it is ok for once in a while. ....

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Oui is a bit pricey, comes in a glass container-
That does sound fancy. I don't think I've ever seen yogurt in a glass container before.

Drinking-- Half Cup 2% Milk, Half Cup Water, microwaved for 2 minutes, stirring often, but it still overflowed! Added 1/4 Cup Hills Bros Classic Cappuccino last 30 seconds. It tasted burnt, so maybe I shouldn't add the powder until the end. I'll keep experimenting.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Congratulations, you crossed over to the other side and joined all of us coffee lovers! :goldstar:
It's quickly becoming a bit of an addiction, but I think it will just be a winter thing, as I don't care for hot drinks so much when the weather is warm.

That said, it's cold today, so currently sipping my morning hazelnut coffee.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I currently have unsweetened almondmilk for my coffee.

I'm heading out to see my SIL and niece today, and probably will go through the Dunkin drive thru for the brown sugar oat latte because I'm a it obsessed. And my weight is back down from the 5lbs I gained after J's party from salt and cake. So I'll treat myself.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
just be aware coffee withdrawals are horrid with bad head aches
You're not kidding! :agree: I stopped drinking coffee twice, both times when I was pregnant and nursing. The headaches were horrendous. I didn't have a single cup of coffee for over two years with each child but somehow old habits die hard and once I was done nursing I went back to my beloved coffee habit.😉 No chance of getting pregnant again so I'm safe but if I live to be 100 I'll credit it to the antioxidants in coffee. ☕

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it will just be a winter thing, as I don't care for hot drinks so much when the weather is warm.
It's basically winter here up North except for July and August! I live right by Canada, so I know. You could always drink it as Iced Coffee/Frappuccino though.

Well this is the first time I had my coffee explode AFTER I took it out of the microwave! When I put the powder in, it overflowed everywhere. What a mess. It was a cup of Pacific Sweetened Cashew Milk, microwaved for 2 minutes, then added 3TB Hills Bros Classic Cappuccino. Only ended up being about half a mug left, the rest spilled out. It tasted burnt!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's basically winter here up North except for July and August! I live right by Canada, so I know. You could always drink it as Iced Coffee/Frappuccino though.
The iced coffee would probably be yummy, but I really need to watch the sugar content if I start with sweet coffees. In fact, I'm planning to get back to just my one mocha a day, as even a few extra calories a day can lead to unwanted pounds, and the creamer isn't calorie free..

Well this is the first time I had my coffee explode AFTER I took it out of the microwave!
I know your "explosion" was coffee, and not just water, but after a bit of Googling, I think I need to rethink my boiling water in the microwave. Check out this video:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Half Cup Water, Half Cup Pacific Sweetened Cashew Milk, 3TB Hills Bros Classic Cappuccino. I can't wait until this is gone so I can get back to Vanilla! I've got several brands of vanilla ones. I only heated it until it bubbled, not sure if it was done, but I wasn't taking any chances after yesterday's volcano! This Cashew Milk is pretty good, very nutty, not very sweet. Probably would go better with vanilla. I'll get some more:
1643642195643.png

Status
Not open for further replies.