Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi ((hugs))) honey..,

Something to think about: as long as you are living in these circumstances, your health will not improve. Honestly— it will keep getting worse and worse.

Seriously think about your friend’s offer—-as you get emotional and financial help. Having a friend to live with, for a short period of time; will help you immensely. You will have someone there, both physically and emotionally while you find your own way.

You need help. I think you realize that.

You succeeded once before, please do not allow yourself to backslide. It takes a lot of strength and is exhausting, but we all know you can do it!!

Believe in yourself. You will be surprised how strong you are.

(((Hugs)))

Please do not get upset at me. I am only thinking of what is best for you. You can do it

All of here are your friends— We are backing you, and only wish good things for you. ❤❤❤😢😢

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when the time comes do you think your friend in Georgia could help you find a place close by to them?
Pretty sure they have less snow in Georgia than upstate New York, which I'm sure you'd be a fan of M maggiedemi !

I can understand not wanting to stay with someone without knowing when you would have enough to move out on your own. You're so strong, so just keep taking steps toget to where you want to be, and I know you'll make it. :hugs:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
biting way too often.
Hmmm. . .my mom said she thought I was biting her and kept scolding me, and I would cry and say I wasn't biting. . .turns out she was tender because she was pregnant with my brother. . .hmm. . . :lol:

I got my fruit tea variety pack. Idk. They're all fine but nothing that really pops. I like black tea better, I think. Might try mixing black tea with a fruit tea and see how I like that.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm. . .my mom said she thought I was biting her and kept scolding me, and I would cry and say I wasn't biting. . .turns out she was tender because she was pregnant with my brother. . .hmm. . . :lol:
Lol, I'm definitely not pregnant. I bought a bunch of cheap tests and take one once a week since I'm not sure my cycle is back to normal, so I'd know.

I'm pretty sure it looks like there might be a tooth popping soon, so I bet that's what's going on. I've got to get better at keeping teethers right next to me while she's nursing so if she does bite I can redirect her to something better to bite than me.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Fellow Coffee Lovers - I saw this new method of making coffee on tv this morning. It's by the company Cometeer:
Cometeer - Earth’s First Hyper Fresh Coffee
I've never heard of them before and it's not cheap but I thought it was interesting and if it someone gave it to me as a gift I would definitely be curious to try it.

Oh well, back to my dark roast coffee with breakfast today.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fellow Coffee Lovers - I saw this new method of making coffee on tv this morning. It's by the company Cometeer:
Cometeer - Earth’s First Hyper Fresh Coffee
I've never heard of them before and it's not cheap but I thought it was interesting and if it someone gave it to me as a gift I would definitely be curious to try it.

Oh well, back to my dark roast coffee with breakfast today.
Interesting! I probably won't buy it myself, but like you, would try it if it were a gift.

Just my regular today.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made hot chocolate with three tbsp sugar (look at me measuring!), 3 tbsp cocoa powder, a few enjoy life chocolate chunks, boiling water, and a dash of plant milk.
Yay for measuring!!! :lol: That sounds good. Now you can recreate it with the correct amounts if you like it. :thumbsup:

I remember you said you weren't ready yet but when the time comes do you think your friend in Georgia could help you find a place close by to them?
Yeah, she says she knows all the programs since she had a disabled daughter. But she lives out in the country and I want to get away from country living. I want to live in town. Welfare said they would help me here in the next town. But I'm afraid...

as long as you are living in these circumstances, your health will not improve. Honestly— it will keep getting worse and worse.
I know. My doctors said the same thing, I will never be well until I get my mother completely out of my life.

You succeeded once before, please do not allow yourself to backslide.
I did backslide bigtime. I've never been this sick. At least I'm not overweight anymore though. That was hell. Now I'm underweight. Ha! Never thought that would happen in a billion years.

I like black tea better, I think. Might try mixing black tea with a fruit tea and see how I like that.
Me too! I want to try some fruity black tea if they have any. I don't like herbal tea, it doesn't seem like real tea to me. I did like that Chai I tried!

I saw this new method of making coffee on tv this morning.
Cool. So it's frozen coffee? I think I need to get back to perked coffee. I don't like my instant much anymore. I need a K-cup machine!

Drinking-- Half Cup So Delicious Sweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk, Half Cup Water, 3TB Hills Bros Hazelnut Cappuccino. The hazelnut is still not growing on me. I should try mixing it with vanilla one of these times.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I may eventually get actual coffee beans, or even Keurig pods, but for now, here's what I have to alternate with my mocha.
Different from mocha, obviously, but wasn't bad.
1643040447986.png

But she lives out in the country and I want to get away from country living. I want to live in town. Welfare said they would help me here in the next town. But I'm afraid...
I think most of us can understand fear holding you back from making a change that would better your life. I know I certainly can. Not pertaining to living conditions, but work related. I stayed way too long in a toxic job, and once I was away from it, things improved so much.

I know you don't want to live in the country, but it would likely be different living in a southern state where you weren't stuck inside 6+ months of the year. And once you got your self confidence back, you could probably move into a nearby town and get your own place.

Too bad you weren't closer so you could visit for a bit and see if you thought you could adapt to southern living. Maybe once winter is over, though, you could look into it. 🤗

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Different from mocha, obviously, but wasn't bad.
You couldn't find a mocha liquid creamer? I don't really like hazelnut.

Too bad you weren't closer so you could visit for a bit and see if you thought you could adapt to southern living.
Oh, I know I could live in the South! The warm weather would be awesome, I've been to Texas. I just don't want to live in the country anymore and she is 30 minutes out, just like me here. I actually lived in a town an hour from here for a few years in my 20s, so I know the difference. Country living makes me die inside. I hate it so much.

Drinking-- 1 Cup 2% Milk, 3TB Hills Bros Hazelnut Cappuccino, 1Tsp Pilon Espresso. Microwaved for 2 minutes, stirred about 3 times so it wouldn't explode. Added powders last 30 seconds. I still don't like this hazelnut, but I will finish it. I got that Eggnog Cappuccino! Will try that when this is gone.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You couldn't find a mocha liquid creamer? I don't really like hazelnut.
All they had was french vanilla and hazelnut. I'll check other stores and see if they have other flavours.

Oh, I know I could live in the South! The warm weather would be awesome, I've been to Texas. I just don't want to live in the country anymore and she is 30 minutes out, just like me here. I actually lived in a town an hour from here for a few years in my 20s, so I know the difference. Country living makes me die inside. I hate it so much.
Try to remember moving to the country with your friend would be just step 1 of your new life. It wouldn't be forever. But it would get you away from the 24/7 mental stress you currently live under. Your goal, of course, would be town or city living, on your own, when you were ready. Right now, though, I think you need a friend to take you under their wing. So if the invite is still open, discuss it with them some more, and maybe you might decide that it could be a good move for you after all. And if not, keep planning and thinking positively, as I believe your dreams will come true one day. 🤗

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All they had was french vanilla and hazelnut.
I tried to branch out, but unless it says Vanilla, I don't seem to like it. Kinda like you and your Mocha. Oh well, I guess I can branch out by trying different brands and different varieties of vanilla. As long as it says vanilla, I'm good...

Try to remember moving to the country with your friend would be just step 1 of your new life. It wouldn't be forever. But it would get you away from the 24/7 mental stress you currently live under.
Yes. But maybe I should take the Welfare offer and move into town here. I'm scared to live on my own. But maybe they would help me get dishes, linens, towels, blankets, etc. She won't let me take anything from here. It's scary to have nothing. I couldn't really buy stuff and store it here over the years because of all her hoarding clutter, there is just no clean storage space.

Drinking-- Half Cup So Delicious Sweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk, Half Cup Water, 3TB Hills Bros Hazelnut Creamer. It's still not growing on me, but it should be gone by the end of the week, then I can try something else.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to branch out, but unless it says Vanilla, I don't seem to like it. Kinda like you and your Mocha. Oh well, I guess I can branch out by trying different brands and different varieties of vanilla. As long as it says vanilla, I'm good...

Yes. But maybe I should take the Welfare offer and move into town here. I'm scared to live on my own. But maybe they would help me get dishes, linens, towels, blankets, etc. She won't let me take anything from here. It's scary to have nothing. I couldn't really buy stuff and store it here over the years because of all her hoarding clutter, there is just no clean storage space.

Drinking-- Half Cup So Delicious Sweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk, Half Cup Water, 3TB Hills Bros Hazelnut Creamer. It's still not growing on me, but it should be gone by the end of the week, then I can try something else.
It's scary, but it would be so good for you, and I think your confidence would grow the more you were out on your own.

I still don't like that herbal vanilla, honey, chamomile tea, but I'll have to finish it up at some point.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But maybe they would help me get dishes, linens, towels, blankets, etc.
They might, you should ask. Around here they're pretty good about that. They have a place where people on assistance can go "shopping" once a month and there are other donation situations too.

You can also announce a housewarming---because of COVID it doesn't have to be an actual party and maybe your mom's friends would send gifts. My mom, and a lot of older people, it seems, love to send housewarming gifts to their friend's kids even if they barely know them.

Plus, you don't need much. Minimalism is trendy right now and too much stuff can be overwhelming (as you know, if your mom is a hoarder). And there's no shame in using paper plates/etc. if washing dishes isn't your thing.

Lol, yesterday I set up the electric kettle and then forgot about it, found it plugged in when I was doing my house checks before bed. So I didn't get my tea! :bawling:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Had my Hazelnut coffee this morning, and Green Tea this afternoon. So no mocha yet today. Maybe tonight.

Staying in NY state might be best, as you know the area, plus you already have a social worker who knows you and your situation. I think the fact that you're starting to wonder how they can help you, is a good thing. You know you need to get out of where you are. You just need support.

Maybe start writing down all your questions and concerns, such as if they help you get household items you would need, so when you're ready to approach them, you'll be prepared.

It is normal to be scared. Change always is, even when it's a good change. But like Lari Lari said, your confidence will improve once you are out on your own.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everybody.

Drinking-- Half Cup So Delicious Sweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk, Half Cup 2% Milk, 1/4 Cup Hills Bros Hazelnut Cappuccino, 2Tsp Pilon Espresso. 1/4 cup was too sweet, but I was trying to see if more powder would make it taste better. It didn't. Ha!
Finished up the vanilla coconut milk, so will try something different tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.