Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
with bourbon flavored maple syrup
That sounds good. Since I failed to branch out from my vanilla cappuccinos, I'll have to buy some things like that to add to my vanilla to make it more interesting. Maybe cut back on the vanilla powder and add stuff like syrup or flavored sugar to mix it up some.

Drinking-- 1 cup warm 2% Milk, 1/4 cup Hills Bros Hazelnut Cappuccino. Microwaved for 2 minutes, powder added last 20 seconds, stirred a bunch of times to prevent exploding. Trying to use this up. It got cold fast made with only milk! How do you guys keep your coffee hot while you sip it? I would like to be able to savor it, but it gets cold in like 5 minutes!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think an insulated mug is the main factor. A regular ceramic mug will cool down a lot faster.

You could try pre-warming the ceramic mug by filling it with hot water while the coffee is brewing, that way it wouldn't suck the heat out of the coffee, but it'll still cool down faster than an insulated cup.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I think an insulated mug is the main factor. A regular ceramic mug will cool down a lot faster.
:yeah:

I definitely feel that good cooked/heated in a microwave; cools off faster than what is done on a stove, or in this case a coffee pot/kettle.
:agree:

If I'm home I use a ceramic mug and heat the water in a tea kettle. I know exactly how long it takes to cool down because I can't drink piping hot coffee like I used to. In fact, my doctor told me it's unhealthy because it can damage your esophagus. 😱

If I'm out I use an insulated travel mug which lasts several hours for me.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think an insulated mug is the main factor.
Okay thanks. I think I need to try one.

I know exactly how long it takes to cool down
How long? Just curious...

If I'm out I use an insulated travel mug which lasts several hours for me.
Oh yeah, we do have a thermos type thingy, but it's huge! Wouldn't really work for one small cup of coffee.

Water that has been microwaved seems to get cold faster. I hate it when my coffee gets cold. Try something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BS3J9WV/?tag=thecatsite
Thanks! I think I'll get one then. I prefer 12oz though, but I guess I can just not fill it all the way.

Drinking-- 1 Cup of Hot Water, 1/4 Cup Hills Bros Hazelnut Cappuccino. Microwaved for 2 minutes and then added the powder. I did not have to stir this time! Must be because it was only water, it didn't boil over.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like it's boiling after 2 minutes in the microwave....Do you really think it gets hotter in the kettle?
I think it gets more evenly hot and that may help? I know they say not to heat up bottles in the microwave because they get hot spots, so maybe hot spots and cold spots together make it cool off faster. Granted, you stir a lot, so it should be pretty even.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds good. Since I failed to branch out from my vanilla cappuccinos, I'll have to buy some things like that to add to my vanilla to make it more interesting. Maybe cut back on the vanilla powder and add stuff like syrup or flavored sugar to mix it up some.

Drinking-- 1 cup warm 2% Milk, 1/4 cup Hills Bros Hazelnut Cappuccino. Microwaved for 2 minutes, powder added last 20 seconds, stirred a bunch of times to prevent exploding. Trying to use this up. It got cold fast made with only milk! How do you guys keep your coffee hot while you sip it? I would like to be able to savor it, but it gets cold in like 5 minutes!
I hate cold coffee so I just stick it back in the microwave when it starts to cool too much . 30 - 35 seconds is all it takes to warm a lukewarm cup up to a hot but drinkable temperature.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a tea kettle it takes 10-15 minutes to cool down enough for me to drink.
Wow, mine gets cold in like 5 minutes!

Drinking-- Half Cup 2% Milk, Half Cup Water, in microwave for 2 minutes, added 1/4 Cup Hills Bros Hazelnut Cappuccino the last 30 seconds. It was starting to grow on me a little bit, but that is the last of it! Finished it up. Next up is Eggnog Cappuccino, I guess.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not surprisingly I still prefer my mocha, but the hazelnut is growing on me. What I really want to try is a caramel creamer. Just have to find one in a small size.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn't care for the Eggnog Cappuccino. Plus the powder went in the air and all over everything when I tried to pour it into a container. What a pain! Not sure how to clean this with my nerves and shaking. It went all over the clutter my mom has piled on the table. I'll only buy canisters of cappuccino from now on, not bags. Too hard to clean messes with all mom's hoarding clutter everywhere. :sigh:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My new routine is hazelnut coffee in the morning, suisse mocha in the afternoon, and lemon green tea in the evening. So far, no issues with all the caffeine, as I still sleep like a baby. Well until someone decides they need a middle of the night snuggle. :winkcat:

Status
Not open for further replies.