Contest Cats And Sinks - July 2017

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:kiss:You are so sweet to think of us, I'll see what I can do when I get home from work tonite.:thanks:
keep sharing those photos here, I like to look at them, whether they made it in the contest or not!
Agree! :wave3: And on that note,here are a couple of our little tub girl.She's in her chicken position in the second one.:lol:
20170719_072814.jpg
20170706_235426-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get mixed up with my English vocabulary. I thought "sink" was the basin in the kitchen. Is the bathroom basin also called a sink? If I remember rightly when I lived in England (1948-1958) the sink was in the kitchen and the wash basin or bathroom basin was in the bathroom. Have I got it wrong? :blush:

I lived in the States (1968-1974) but I cannot remember for the life of me what their names were there (Arlington, Va).

Will somebody clarify? Many thanks.

PS. In my Collins English Dictionary the "sink" is in the kitchen. I don't have an American dictionary.

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
sink is the term anywhere in the house.. bathroom sink, kitchen sink, utility room sink... any sink

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get mixed up with my English vocabulary. I thought "sink" was the basin in the kitchen. Is the bathroom basin also called a sink? If I remember rightly when I lived in England (1948-1958) the sink was in the kitchen and the wash basin or bathroom basin was in the bathroom. Have I got it wrong? :blush:

I lived in the States (1968-1974) but I cannot remember for the life of me what their names were there (Arlington, Va).

Will somebody clarify? Many thanks.

PS. In my Collins English Dictionary the "sink" is in the kitchen. I don't have an American dictionary.
golondrina golondrina - As usual, you're quite correct. Webster's Unabridged Random House Unabridged and the O.E.D. agree that a basin is, "a bowl for washing, typically attached to a wall and having faucets connected to a water supply; a washbasin," hence the name of the basin stand from days gone by.