Cat Wound Help?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brooke_10121

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm very pleased that your parents have come round to the idea of taking Joey to the vet. And that you've got a day off school! I think that I speak for us all when I say that I wish that I were near enough to help.
Yea the day off was nice haha. They said it’s an abscess and they can fix it, but he’s staying overnight because they’re doing minor surgery.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad you persuaded your parents to take him to the Vet..
Whew.. must be a relief off you mind..
And perhaps YOUR Parents LEARNED something after this episode~~ to believe you and not to be so stingy about Vet Visits..

(((Hugs)))

Brooke_10121

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So glad you persuaded your parents to take him to the Vet..
Whew.. must be a relief off you mind..
And perhaps YOUR Parents LEARNED something after this episode~~ to believe you and not to be so stingy about Vet Visits..

(((Hugs)))
I hope they did! ^^ It definitely is a relief, happy to know he’ll get proper medical attention, we’re rhinkinf about making him an indoor cat so this kind of this doesn’t happen again. :grouphug:

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad you were able to get him in to a vet for proper treatment. :clap2:

I know a lot of people were raised that animals are tough and will heal naturally, but the reality is that untreated wounds can fester and make the animal very ill. It's a real wake up call when it finally hits the pocketbook!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What a relief that you were finally able to persuade your parents to get to the vet. Well done you. :thumbsup: I know how relieved I feel here so can only imagine what it's been like for you. SO hard when you are not in a position to make the decisions on care.
It sounds like Joey was pretty sick so having you there to check on him and make sure he got to the vet when that wound wasn't healing could well have saved his life. Hopefully your parents will have learned something about cat care from you over the last couple of days and understand why you have been asking them to take Joey in to the vets for something which looked so small.
:vibes::vibes::vibes: That Joey now makes a speedy recovery and that the vets think he is well enough to come back home to you really soon.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brooke_10121 Brooke_10121 -- Just quickly checking in this morning, as I have jury duty this week and haven't visited TCS as frequently as I normally would! --

SO glad you were able to get Joey to the vet! :bliss:

Brooke_10121

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
furmonster mom furmonster mom mservant mservant PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws
Thank you for all the support! It sure is a relief, I hoped they’ve learned something as well! We picked him a couple hours ago, he has the tube in, we’re going to get it removed Friday, and around a week from now we’re going to get his stitches removed. They gave us around 5 syringes for pain medication I believe. It’s not an injection, you squirt it into his mouth between his cheek and teeth. We gave him his first dose a few minutes ago, it seems to be doing it’s job, he seems pretty sleepy haha! The tube leaks (yuck) so we’re going to put him in the bathroom during the night. And put towels around, keep an eye out for leaking I suppose. I will you guys updated! (Side note: according to the vets predictions, she determined him to be around 5 years old, a lot younger than we thought, as we thought he was around 10 haha.)

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very pleased he's home, safe. Give him a wee treat after he takes his medicine to tell him what a good boys he's being.

I wish a vet determined that I was half my age!

:goldstar:

Brooke_10121

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm very pleased he's home, safe. Give him a wee treat after he takes his medicine to tell him what a good boys he's being.

I wish a vet determined that I was half my age!

:goldstar:
Yes definitely! Encouragement, praise, and love will be a big part of this process I think.

Haha

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
:goldstar: :hangin: :goodluck: It sounds like Joey is now well on the road to recovery, and back home with his biggest fans where he can lap up all the love and support he needs to get well. Great news.

I'm told the pain medication tastes great to cats so Joey should be quite happy to take his meds. Mouse is on most likely the same pain stuff for the next few days: he had to have 4 teeth out yesterday and has a nasty infection where his two lower canines were so oral antibiotics as well. He's a bit wary of the pain meds at the moment because he saw too many syringes yesterday but otherwise happy to oblige in taking what he considers treets. (Anything by mouth :lol: :thumbsup:).

Hoping we will hear that Joey's infection is clearing nicely and the vet thinks the draining tubes can come out soon. :vibes:

Brooke_10121

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:goldstar: :hangin: :goodluck: It sounds like Joey is now well on the road to recovery, and back home with his biggest fans where he can lap up all the love and support he needs to get well. Great news.

I'm told the pain medication tastes great to cats so Joey should be quite happy to take his meds. Mouse is on most likely the same pain stuff for the next few days: he had to have 4 teeth out yesterday and has a nasty infection where his two lower canines were so oral antibiotics as well. He's a bit wary of the pain meds at the moment because he saw too many syringes yesterday but otherwise happy to oblige in taking what he considers treets. (Anything by mouth :lol: :thumbsup:).

Hoping we will hear that Joey's infection is clearing nicely and the vet thinks the draining tubes can come out soon. :vibes:
Thank you for the support! When we give him the medicine he doesn’t seem to like it very much and freaks out, but possibly he’s wary for the same reason as your cat Mouse?(Adorable name by the way!) I hope he has a speedy recovery as well!:vibes::vibes:

It seems to be so far, he’s just sleeping a lot as he recovers haha. Only two ore days(hopefully) until the draining tube comes out! (Phew!)