Cat Missing For 2 Months: Looking For Hope

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LookingforMeowsy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 I do thank you deeply for having read me and having shown me empathy, some people are wonderful indeed.

Given all what I have said to you, given... all this hopelessness... could there still be a slightest chance that my beloved Meowsy may still be alive? As of today, it's been 2 months 1 week without my baby.... Most of the time I am convinced someone murdered her, but sometimes I still go out and look for her... The person I spoke you of, did he only want to be mean to me in that moment? Or he may have been the actual killer of my beloved baby?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, there is a very real chance that she is alive, and being loved and cared for. There really are good people in the world. As for that "person," I bet everyone in the neighborhood knows you are looking for Meowsy, and he's just a vicious, cruel excuse for a human who said what he knew would hurt you most, and doesn't know a thing about it.

For your own sake, FORCE yourself to think of her as alive, well, and in a home again even if not yours. I know how hard that will be, but it will also be a comfort to you. My dear, the fact is that no matter where Meowsy is right this minute, she is safe and at peace, or she will one day find her way home. She is fine. It is you I am so concerned about right now.

LookingforMeowsy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953, thank you so much for responding, in times like these, it is so hard to be listened or understood. I am going to give a stronger try this time, knock every house, ask to everyone in person since I won't be able to put missing cat signs anymore until Election times are over. I was... I am overwhelmed.

I did read your post several times, trying to get a more positive view myself, trying to believe these words you so kindly wrote. I cried. Thank you so much for showing concern towards Meowsy and me. It hurts so much, really. I have many cats under my care, but Meowsy was so special.

She used to sit behind me when I was working, her tiny paws hidden under her cotton-like gentle body. She was so sweet. And vocal. Many times she would "talk" to me, as if asking me to pet her, and every time I did she would meow louder once and then start purring. She would stare up at me with her angelical blue eyes, then close them slowly, as if drifting to sleep. Even as a fully grown cat, she would pick small objects and play with them, toss them aside and then "hunt" them under the chair. She trusted me so much she would climb over my shoulder and just stay there, sitting, or kneading at my body until she got bored. I can't believe she is not with me anymore, this pain is... just beyond any other pain.

This photo is from when she was mom, the only time she was, 2 years ago.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She is just beautiful. My heart breaks for you. Even if she is safe, and I so hold to that hope, she is no longer with you. If we are very lucky in life, we run across a cat with whom we share a soul-bond, as you have with Meowsy. And, even if we lose that cat (and someday, we must), we are the better for having had that blessing in our lives.

I'm keeping a candle lit for you both.
00000000000000000.jpeg

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope you find Miausita. I know how hard it is to lose a cat and not know what happened. Even finding them dead is easier in a way.

My cat Zabi was missing for six weeks when some kids found him around the corner from our house. We put up posters all over the neighborhood and checked them every day to make sure they stayed up. I also had another cat, Fluff, who had another home (as I found out later) and would disappear for weeks at a time.

I don’t think Mexico City is different from any other place in the world in having people who are kind to cats and those who are not; unfortunately, there are nasty people everywhere. Miausita may be someone else’s beloved cat now.

Thank you for taking care of the street cats in your neighborhood. Maybe one of them could become your household cat. I have had many cats live with me and many of them have died of old age or disease. I remember and love every cat that has died but I also know that I have other lives that depend on me.

Please take care of yourself. If you don’t, who is going to take care of those street cats you feed?

Sending you lots of embraces.

LookingforMeowsy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This may be one of the few places in the world where I can say that she means the world to me without being labeled as a crazy individual. The harsh truth is that Meowsy was more than a pet to me. The cats under my care, as well as the ones I aid in the street, they are all pets to me, nothing else. Meowsy on the other hand... she was family, a much deeper bond. To be honest, after my dog died, she was literally what I loved most in the world, what I most loved after my dear Jack lost his battle against cancer. It has been two months and a half filled with sorrow. I have no joy left in this world, and every new day I get the sorrowful feeling that it will be like this, me living with the horrible reality of not being with her, even more, facing the possibility that what I considered the sweetest creature in the world may have had a gruesome death at the hands of someone else and I was not there to protect her fragile body. This sadness is worse than hell itself. This pain is just, unbearable.

Mamanyt1953, you get what I mean. There are cats... but then there is this special cat you find once and only once in your life. I am 28, I have seen many cats in my life, but none ever got so close to me than Meowsy. The memories... they are beautiful, but tear my heart as I remember them. I was the happiest man on earth once without noticing it. I still remember, now with much sorrow, a small moment that happened to me early this year when my two loved ones were still with me. I was in the yard. My old dog, like always, walked towards me to greet me. I crouched to pet his cotton head and see the kindness of his aged but precious eyes. Then, in that moment, I felt something soft on my back. It was Meowsy. In that moment, I was full of love, full of joy, having my beloved Jack 's head in my hand and my beloved Meowsy sitting on my back. My two angels... my two dearest loves. IF ONLY I knew in that moment that I was gonna lose them both in less than a month... I would have made that moment last longer... I would have embraced them both, hold them closer... if only I knew... if only... if only.

Silkenpaw, I have always helped the homeless animals I see around, it's something I got used to since I was a child. Just a thing in me. Although, as you may have noticed by now, Meowsy became this irreplaceable individual. The fact I had her once in my arms dying back in 2014, having taken care of her until she could recover, it is a living nightmare to imagine that my sweet baby might have been hurt, it is just a feeling that doesn't let me sleep at night, literally. I can't really sleep at nights. I have lost between 15 and 20 pounds since she got lost. I feel sick and whatnot.

This is something I'm really not gonna get out of. The rest of my life, whatever happens, nothing will change the fact that I could not help her anymore. I may find other cats that's for sure but never again one like her. I managed to deal with my dog's death because his death was in relative peace. The day before his death he ate beef hamburgers I cooked just for him. And even when his death was shocking - he was fine and then he collapsed and within minutes he passed away -, I knew he was loved up to the last day of his life. But what about Meowsy. I'm 100% sure that if she is alive and with other people they will not love her like I do, that's impossible. And that's just if I'm lucky, because she may have been killed. And it breaks my heart to imagine her poor little self, to imagine her being beaten to death, wishing she could be at home with me... it just fills me with so much rage and sorrow. I will never recover my trust on people really. Because what happened to Meowsy was not natural, it was caused by others.

I am not in a good health condition. I really, really hope to die in my sleep any of these days. At least that way I will reunite with my loved ones. I don't know what else. My last hope is finding this one neighbor who moved at about the same time Meowsy got lost but it would be just a lucky coincidence, and luck is precisely what I don't have. God has already taken all what mattered to me, I should just disappear as well, because it's truly just a living hell, pointless suffering at this moment. I just want to sleep forever and have somewhere to revive that joyful moment, when Meowsy and Jack were with me. Now that would be, truly, a heaven for me.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My Darlin' Girl...even if Meowsy is no longer on this earth, even if, then she is in a place of joy. The only thing that could mar that joy for her is your despondency. Slowly, slowly the memories of her will become sweeter, the pain of her not being with you will tear at you less. This will happen no matter what has happened to her if you will allow it to happen. The greatest tribute you can give Meowsy is to learn to smile again and keep her memory as a souce of joy, not sorrow. One day, someday, you and Meowsy will be together again. You want that meeting to be full of happiness, and not to have her say to you (for in that day, you will be able to talk with her, not just to her), "But...why did you give up on life? I wanted you to be happy! I've been WORRIED ABOUT YOU!"

LookingforMeowsy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Meowsy, in such a place, is probably going to be mad at me, mad because I could not defend her from whoever caused her demise. All cats are the same in one thing, they see us as their dads/moms, they want us to provide them with food and protection, and I failed to protect her. Every time I feed the other cats under my care, I can not avoid feeling guilty, because the food I give to them is food Meowsy is not having from me. A time ago, one of these cats was in danger, he was about to be attacked by a dog, and I protected him from the dog. Meowsy would have loved all that food, all that protection.

I am gonna be much more assertive with the neighbors, I'm gonna knock every door in a one kilometer radius, will take me weeks but, I cannot think of anything else to do. My paid facebook ads have only granted me a bunch of false-positive sightings, and due to the problem posed by the national elections I can't really glue Missing Cat signs until they are over in 3 weeks (by that time she would be missing for 3 months!). I'm still looking for the one neighbor who moved. But other than that, I don't know what to do. I only do it because I can't face the fact that I won't see her again in my life. I keep looking for her because that would be just too terrible. Yet at the same time it feels utterly hopeless.

Mamanyt1953 I do hope you as well reunite with those sweet angels that also went missing or "crossed the rainbow". You're a very nice person, and I bet your cats love you. Certainly, nothing in the entire universe would be more joyful than seeing Meowsy again, and, for that matter, Jack. It would simply be so, so joyful to pick her up by the scruff, place her over my shoulder like I always did and just feel her pawpads kneading at me. Because, you know, Meowsy got very, very accustomed to be picked up and carried like a human baby. Afterall, when she was paraplejic in 2014, I would pick her up in my arms every night and walk around with her in order to cheer her up. She always looked up at me with those angel eyes while she was recovering. Seeing that sweet cat being able to walk again was a literal miracle. I thought the worst for her was over back then. But... now I am here, still crying every night, wishing I could see those angel eyes again.

Lya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi :(

I'm assuming you obviously speak spanish.

Miausita es un nombre muy lindo. Yo perdí a uno de mis gatitos, Mario. La verdad me gustaría decirte que la vas a encontrar, pero supongo que no puedo evitar proyectar la tristeza que me recuerda la pena de perder a mi peque y cómo hasta el día de hoy tengo la esperanza de que aparezca. Realmente espero que la encuentres. Ponerle la cajita fuera dicen que ayuda, donde quizás la pueda oler.

A veces me muero de pena y frustración de dónde vivo, un país pequeño y pobre con poco amor a los animales, dónde me cuesta encontrar un veterinario y para la gente los gatos son ingratos porque simplemente "se van", dije toda la vida que quería vivir aquí por siempre y luego me pasa algo con mis pequeños que me hace decir que me voy, me los llevo a todos a un lugar donde si se pierden, enferman o lo que sea, tal vez tengan más chance.

I'm very sorry. I don't know if this will comfort you at all, but if Miausita doesn't go back home she might be ok anyway, cat's are rough. Keep her in yor heart, I will hope from my heart that yours will be those kind of stories that I envy so much, when a cat goes back after so long like nothing.

Best luck and I will wish deeply for you to find her. She's beautiful ❤

MaryLizbeth

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Meowsy is so beautiful and I'm so sorry she's missing. I understand the brokenness you currently feel and the pain of unknowing but please don't give up hope. 10 years ago I found my rescue kitty, FatGirl McGee, SIX months after she bolted and was only 150 feet from home! The day I found her, I had to leave my house at 4a, which was one-off, but I scanned the area every time I left or returned home and Fatty was walking across a parking lot I had scanned almost daily.

Please don't feel hopeless as it means you've lost all hope of your end goal to reunite w Meowsy. Losing hope leads many to decide why bother with search efforts when there's no hope anyway. Its a matter of chance every time you search that Meowsy will be out - if you stop looking, there aren't any chances.

Unless, God forbid, proof of Meowsy's passing is found then there's always a chance you'll find her and I hope you and Meowsy find your way back to each other. Sadly my FatGirl McGee died last fall but they were ten happy years!

Also sadly, 3 weeks and 3 days ago, when a family medical emergency kept me out of town for almost 36 hrs, my daughter opened, then forgot to close my kitchen window. I knew immediately when I saw the screen was gone that my Kit-tah was gone. She's still gone. I put my search on bazerker mode last night after buying a humane trap and a souped-up baby monitor. I had previously searched on foot numerous times daily, then started doing what I called stakeouts and would park myself outside after dark using thermal monoculars. I wish I'd skipped the FBI-wannabe stakeouts and start tracking then instead.

I pray we both are able to maintain hope that we will be reunited with our kitties and successful bringing them home. I also wish for you peace of mind. Best of luck to you, my friend.

MaryLizbeth

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wish I'd skipped the FBI-wannabe stakeouts and start tracking then instead.
Oops apologies for autocorrect! Meant trapping, not tracking. If I could track Miz Kit-tay amongst the 8-10 outdoor and feral cats running around within a block of me, Miz Kit-tay would've been home long ago :( the autocorrect made it read like I'm matter-of-factly stating my (nonexistent) tracking skills that're so superior, I'm wishing I'd relied on it from second one of search but lol, no, I possess no such skill. Wanted to acknowledge the error as there are folks out there who can track cats but I do not. My apologies!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Meowsy, in such a place, is probably going to be mad at me, mad because I could not defend her from whoever caused her demise.
No. Just no. In that place, if and when she is there, there is no anger, because there is perfect understanding, and she will know how hard you tried, and how much you love her still. I promise you that. Look, you may think that I am crazy, but here it is. I've been there. My dad took me there in a vision when he was dying, and I remember EVERY MOMENT as if it were yesterday, not 22 years ago. I know what I saw and where I was, and what I learned.

I am still hoping that she will be found, however. I'm just...trying to prepare you for possibilities, not known realities, or even maybe probabilities.

Hugs, Darlin.

LookingforMeowsy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 I do absolutely believe you. When my dog died, I did some research about near death experiences, and the testimonies of those who have been temporarily dead and then reanimated at a hospital pretty much coincide with what you wrote. If only I had oney, I would have paid people since the first day to help me find her. But as of late I can only use 3 hours a day to find her, a total of 21 hours a week looking for her. Everything is against me in this, and time is passing so fast. Thanks a lot for being so comprehensive towards me Mamanyt, I want, more than anything else in the world to be with her again. I know you want me to realize that the worst possible scenario may still not be just so bad but... fear freezes me. I fear for her everyday, I fear the worst, it corrodes me. As I write this, rain keeps pouring outside, and I can not avoid thinking, "is she getting wet? will she get a cold? will rain cause her to get even more lost?". I want her, I love her, it is a love that just grows in strength instead of waning. I wish I took more photos of her, or at least recorded her gorgeous meowing, I never imagined this could happen, even less just a week after my dog's demise.

Lya, thank you very much for your words. I am, indeed, in a similar position than yours. The places where we live are ones in where people are more prone to be cruel or careless towards animals. By this point, all I can have is hope, and hope that my beloved sweet cat may have been tough enough to survive until I find her. Thank you for your wishes as well, I'd be the happiest man on Earth if I were to have her again in my arms. I do not exactly live in the ugliest town in Mexico but certainly it is an impoverished area full of ugly houses and people doing drugs on the street and whatnot. If it is already dangerous for me to be here, I have nightmares imagining just how dangerous it is for my sweet little angel. I gotta keep trying. I believe, if she is dead, then my search won't end, because I will keep looking and find who, just who did hurt her, and then that person will know my rage. If I failed to protect her when alive then I'll make it my life's purpose to avenge her, even if it takes me years.

MaryLizbeth, your story sounds like taken from the happy testimonies from cat-finding services, because these say that lost cats will almost always be found within less than 350 feet away from where they got lost. There's even a couple scientific studies that somehow confirm the same thing out there at NLM. I have failed to find my angel within that area. I have walked across it for so many times, I "scanned" it just like you did... I hope I get lucky enough to find her all of sudden like you did back then. Of couse, I also hope you too find her once again, because, after all, they truly ARE our families right? It hurts as much as having a mother, a father or a son taken away from us. In my case, as I mentioned before, I did carry her around many times like a human baby, the bond is just too strong, at least in my case, it is the strongest bond I have. She was a blessing to me, the most precious creature I have ever had. She's only on par with my sweet dog Jack, both were my most loved ones, and I lost them both with only one week of difference. The pain doesn't go away; quite the opposite, it only grows deeper and harsher every day, a wound that only goes even more sore the longer the time passes. Today however I was told of a graceful story. A man told me he lost his dog for 4 months and one day he found him right in front of his house. Somehow the dog managed to survive in the harsh streets of Mexico for four entire months before coming back with his owner. I hope we may have such luck. You and me, Mary.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I will only offer you a tiny bit of comfort right this minute. Miausita came from the streets. Cats do have long memories, and she will know very well how to seek shelter from the rain. It won't be the comforts of home, if she is out there, but she will remember how to find small, dry places to wait for the sun.

LookingforMeowsy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Meowsy was indeed from the streets Mamanyt1953. When I found her, she was already an adult cat, I did not raise her, although helping her to get to walk again had an equal or perhaps stronger emotional impact than having watched her go from kitten to full grown. However, in the streets, she did not have much luck. Afterall, I rescued her from that place because she was about to die from what happened to her over there. Today I just returned from checking a place where people say they saw her, a site 2 kilometers (a little more than a mile) towards the northwest from where I live. I was there, in the middle of the night calling for her, begging this time it was her... but no cat ever appeared, I'll have to go there tomorrow. My facebook ad will be over tomorrow, and I wont be able to pay for more ads at least till the end of the month, so most of the search will rely on foot. My gallbladder is getting worse everyday, but I don't want the surgery just yet... at least not until I find her. In 12 days its gonna be 3 months since I lost her, time passes so fast and so painful.

Today I did read this again Lost cats guide there is not much from this guide I have not done already (except for using cat-finding dogs and wildlife cameras... those are out of budget)... what else can I do?

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I really believe that you are doing all that you can do. And at some point, you MUST have that surgery, if only so that your baby has someone to come home to! I'm keeping a candle lit, still.

00000000000000000.jpeg

The best time to hunt for them is at dust and dawn, you know. That is when their natures tell them it is time to hunt.

Plumeria

Leroy's Mommy
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wish I were in Mexico City to help you look for your precious Meowsy. It’s absolutely possible she is alive and well under somebody else’s care. I’m going to tell you two stories. My childhood cat snuck out of a window that was inadvertently left open and went missing for many months. It was at least for 3 months, but think it was closer to 6. We put up flyers around our neighborhood in Tokyo, winter came and went, but no luck. Then one afternoon, I was walking home from school and spotted her sitting under a car in a parking lot. I got my mother and we were able to catch and bring her home. She had gotten scrawnier but otherwise ok. Another time, an orange canary flew in through our open window. We assumed she was somebody’s pet, but there was no internet back then and we didn’t know how to find the owner, so we bought a bird cage and adopted her. But the cats kept trying to get her, so we ended up giving her to a family friend who loved birds. The bird lived for many years after. So really, there ARE other animal lovers like ourselves out there, who could be caring for your Meowsy. Especially with her beautiful coloring! So unique. I know your hurting, missing her, and worried to death. But don’t give up hope. How much does the Facebook ad cost?

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I sense that you are feeling very hopeless because of missing Miausita. I recognize the feeling because I have a personal history of depression. You are the only one who knows what you are feeling but I urge you to consider medical help. If you are depressed, medication can help you feel and function better. Then you will be able to look for Miausita more effectively.

LookingforMeowsy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953, I have searched for her past 12:00 pm up to 3:00 AM many times. As of late, due to a couple events in which I was literally chasen off by drug addicts, I got somewhat deterred from searching at nights. I am still trying to contact a certain person who may know something about my cat. The neighbor who lives just in front of my house told me that the house I believed to be abandoned two houses to the west actually belongs to a landlord, but that the last tenant moved "about 1 month ago" (sic) and the landlord "shows up every ten days or so to check the house" (sic). There is a chance that either the landlord or the last tenant of that place may have taken my cat. Just a small chance. After I end writing this I'm gonna head to that place 2 km northwest, then call for her at night and try to avoid the places where drugaddicts gather. Thank you so much for the ignited candle, I just hope my beloved Meowsy is alive. Thank you Mamanyt. As for the surgery, if I get it I will be in bed 2 weeks, 2 weeks without searching for her, it's a risk I can't take... she's literally way, way more worth that me. I'm just another meaningless human, while she is, for me, the most special cat in the universe.

Plumeria, thanks for your reply. The keyword in what you wrote sadly is "Tokyo", in Japan people does have respect towards our feline angels. But, and in here I refer to the image below, in the hole where I live people are not respectful towards animals. Meowsy/Miausita herself is proof of that. I rescued her from the streets because someone shot her three times with a pellet rifle, and the pellets remained there, next to her vertebral column. If such a thing didn't happen to her I wouldn't be fearing that she got killed by people. But certianly hearing that a cat managed to survive outside from three to six months sounds wonderful, I do hope my dear Meowsy can get a lucky as your cat back then. I think that, if right now I could see Miausita again and have her in my arms I would just kneel down, cry and hold her dearly. That cat, she is too special, beyond any other cat I have met before. It is not just that she has an odd and cute distribution of colors; it is the memories I had with her that ended up so deep in my soul, the time we spent together, the time I held her like a human baby as I rehabilitated her when she was paraplejic. The memories of having protected her so much... it is just too deep, too extremely deep. This kind of love I have only felt it towards my (demised) dog Jack. No other cat is like her. A true love story. As for the ad, well, I paid facebook 50 pesos (equivalent to 2.5 dollars) every day so they delivered my ad to all of the people within a 2 kilometer radius from where I live. The ad was up for almost 2 months and it led me to some false positives, people who thought they had her and ended up being just another siamese

Silkenpaw, I am indeed feeling very hopeless. I mean, I am someone who NEVER cried. I think, I didn't cry once in a decade. I only cried when my dog died. But with the loss of Meowsy, I have cried a lot, because the mere idea that someone could have hurt my sweet angel rips my soul in a half, it is a pain that I literally can feel from below my gullet and go down my chest and belly like a big hollow and horrible sensation. I love Meowsy a lot, and by a lot I mean that I love as hard as a mother would do with her own children. And being so powerless in recovering her, the stress of dealing with people around here (who are very often not nice at all), of walking these ugly streets filled with "gangsta" wannabe kids and drug addicts, it has me stressed. I have lost 20 pounds since she went missing. Indeed, today I wept again. And I didn't weep silently, I was loudly sobbing and screaming things out of my heart: "what did they do to you Meowsy? my beloved cat, what did they do to you? you were so fragile, so innocent, so sweet, my baby, my baby". I was like catatonic, just repeating that and crying. Never before such things happened to me. All I can tell is that it is a living hell, the literal worst thing that has happened to me.