Bengal cat versus tabby

Bea04

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I'm hoping you can help me out! I keep getting comments from people how my kitten is really big for a 6 months old cat :) He was 3.07 kgs (6.77 lbs) at his 6 month checkup. He is VERY long, extremely vocal (he makes the weirdest noises) usually for attention as he is unusually affectionate and very friendly (everybody who comes by strangers doesn't matter he will go for a sniff and stroke ). He loves high places (usually makes my heart stop when I see the places he climbs up on!). When we got him we didn't really see the parents and the family we bought him from didn't care much to chat or even check up on him after we took him in. So basically I'm just wondering if our little Odin might have some bengal ancestry in him or if he's just a big and strikingly beautiful boy who just LOVES to talk :)
22689967_2025232567494403_1636058696_o.jpg 22690683_2025232547494405_1620124815_o.jpg 22664492_2025232564161070_1473259647_o.jpg
These are all recent :) And then one more for the added cuteness (my all-time favourite picture of him ) - he was about 3-4 months in this one
22690059_2025233904160936_887308552_o.jpg

Thomas Henry

Thomas Henry
Kitten
Purraise
6EAC6D10-68EB-4F91-BF4F-01233C3577A8.jpeg
A8B5837C-8543-4C5F-949E-9D4B3689D1CA.jpeg
I am a curious cat. My mom adopted me on the day the shelter was going to put me down. They clearly gave her the wrong paperwork for me. My name was Tammy, I was listed as a calico and was supposedly 3 years old.

Well, Mom knew I was a boy by the little thing on my backside and knew I was not a calico, even though I am multi colored. She fell in love with me instantly and had to convince Dad to let me come home with her, although he begrudgingly said yes, we are now best friends.

Vet confirmed I am a boy, not calico, but they say tabby and I was 1 to 1.5 back then, in 2014.

So, after seeing this sight and many beautiful photos, I am waindering if I am part Bengal? Can someone let me know your thoughts?

I am so talkative and jump like you wouldn’t believe. I have a white belly and back feet so Mom says no, but my marbling is what has her questioning. Here are a few photos in hopes you can see my markings.
2D4D7487-B199-4979-89F9-58318E7F244C.jpeg
DE6EB6D6-EDDA-46B4-90D3-840F5081A87A.jpeg
873B3C48-AD81-49D4-9DE0-414E3426BB39.jpeg
E8A7C2A6-DF52-4CFA-8081-9A2C14681B26.jpeg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thomas Henry Thomas Henry Your boy is a true beauty. Male torties / calicos arent common, but here we have one. He is a tabby too, so he is a calico and tabby. Caliby or patched tabby its called.
The green eyes are common in the three colored cats. Why I dont know, but many of them has green eyes.

The coloring of tabby is black silver, and the marble pattern isnt that common. Its no plain bulls eye... Yes, I think he MAY have some marble bengal in him, as he isnt no average cat.

Its thus possible the green eyes isnt no green of the calicos, but of the bengales. :)

Ps. This is a beautiful example we can sometimes find a true precious treasure in a heap of waste, whom somebody threw away and they were going to just dispose of...

It may be cats. It may be unwelcommed immigrants, as is common in Sweden...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ps. I like these pics very much. Its visible they are taken skillfully and with love, and the cat is a loved one. And he loves his humans too.

Thomas Henry Thomas Henry

Seb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_1534.JPG This is my kitten winston. Everyone keeps telling me that he looks like he has bengal markings. What do you think?
Ps. I like these pics very much. Its visible they are taken skillfully and with love, and the cat is a loved one. And he loves his humans too.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
S Seb Yours cat is very nice, but I think he is "just" a classic tabby. Quite a few of tabbies do have spots on the tummy, that is why we always must look on their sides to see what thay are.
And the blotched marbled pattern on the side is a rather usual bulls eye... Sometimes the swivles are so much different, we can see they do come from a marbled bengal. He has a rather traditional bulls eye. Even if coloring is nice.

So, bengal Ancestry IS fully possible, but not near. Grandma´s daddy perhaps.
That is what I think.

I also think its a very nice cat you have! :)

Thomas Henry

Thomas Henry
Kitten
Purraise
Thomas Henry Thomas Henry Your boy is a true beauty. Male torties / calicos arent common, but here we have one. He is a tabby too, so he is a calico and tabby. Caliby or patched tabby its called.
The green eyes are common in the three colored cats. Why I dont know, but many of them has green eyes.

The coloring of tabby is black silver, and the marble pattern isnt that common. Its no plain bulls eye... Yes, I think he MAY have some marble bengal in him, as he isnt no average cat.

Its thus possible the green eyes isnt no green of the calicos, but of the bengales. :)

Ps. This is a beautiful example we can sometimes find a true precious treasure in a heap of waste, whom somebody threw away and they were going to just dispose of...

Thank you, StefanZ StefanZ ! We do LOVE him a lot and although he likes to nibble on his mom, he loves us too:) and you can tell by how he sleeps on his back. Enjoy your weekend!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
View attachment 211019 I adopted this stray. He is about three months now has spots on stomach, black pads and no white. Bengal genes?​
I think there’s a good chance he has some Bengal in him- it looks like he has a random marbled pattern, which is something we don’t see in other cats with marbled tabby patterns, where their pattern is symmetrical.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

*Agree 100%, StefanZ StefanZ -- we are here to help others and to show compassion and caring!*

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 201888 View attachment 201889 I am a curious cat. My mom adopted me on the day the shelter was going to put me down. They clearly gave her the wrong paperwork for me. My name was Tammy, I was listed as a calico and was supposedly 3 years old.

Well, Mom knew I was a boy by the little thing on my backside and knew I was not a calico, even though I am multi colored. She fell in love with me instantly and had to convince Dad to let me come home with her, although he begrudgingly said yes, we are now best friends.

Vet confirmed I am a boy, not calico, but they say tabby and I was 1 to 1.5 back then, in 2014.

So, after seeing this sight and many beautiful photos, I am waindering if I am part Bengal? Can someone let me know your thoughts?

I am so talkative and jump like you wouldn’t believe. I have a white belly and back feet so Mom says no, but my marbling is what has her questioning. Here are a few photos in hopes you can see my markings.View attachment 201890View attachment 201891 View attachment 201893View attachment 201894
There are two types of tabbies: the "mackerel" tabby, which is more commonly seen and always beautiful, and the "Classic" type, which is characterized by large swirls and a "bulls-eye" pattern on the sides. It looks as if your Tammy may well be a Classic tabby -- a very fine cat!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, I'm hoping you can help me out! I keep getting comments from people how my kitten is really big for a 6 months old cat :) He was 3.07 kgs (6.77 lbs) at his 6 month checkup. He is VERY long, extremely vocal (he makes the weirdest noises) usually for attention as he is unusually affectionate and very friendly (everybody who comes by strangers doesn't matter he will go for a sniff and stroke ). He loves high places (usually makes my heart stop when I see the places he climbs up on!). When we got him we didn't really see the parents and the family we bought him from didn't care much to chat or even check up on him after we took him in. So basically I'm just wondering if our little Odin might have some bengal ancestry in him or if he's just a big and strikingly beautiful boy who just LOVES to talk :)
View attachment 201159 View attachment 201160 View attachment 201161
These are all recent :) And then one more for the added cuteness (my all-time favourite picture of him ) - he was about 3-4 months in this one
View attachment 201162
Tabbies often do have spots on their bellies, called "buttons" by some; but I have never seen a tabby with spots like your handsome boy! I am not an authority on breeds as I prefer "rescues", but he definitely looks as if he might have some "purebred" genes from one of the spotted breeds. Whatever the case, he is unique, very cute, and wonderful!

Mango's Mama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted Mango ( born July 1,2017) from our local animal shelter last September. My baby is now 6 months old.
He made me so curious about his background because of things like, he looks quite a bit different that cats I have seen, he is long and with silky sleek coat, he moves like in a hunter mode with his head jutting and he is sooo agile, sits on my lap on the throne, chirps/meeps quite a bit ; coat feels sooo slick but most of all becUse my daughters keep saying to me --what kind of exotic animal did you get mom?! He looks weird.( I guess different from the bicolour and orange tabbies we have had)
I know there is a chance you won't even be able to answer my question but if you do, you would give me a lot of joy! ( I have spent so many hours scouring the internet until I finally ended up on your site). I guess I just want to know if you think Mango has a little Bengal in him. This way I can try and read more into what makes them a little different and maybe be able to love and take care of him better and more individually.
I have attached some photos of my cutie
The last photo which consist of 3 on left side ( disclosure: photos of a two toned marble Bengal cat I found on a breeder site on the internet --after hours and hours of perusing! And the photos on the right side are Mango's.
It just seems uncanny ...
Thanks for any feedback!

Mango's mama