Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

@Losna  Yes, Homer was actually believed to have created himself many of the words he used in his poems. Especially descriptive adjectives, but nouns as well. And many words have their origins to Homer's speeches and works. So, Homeric Grammar, might seem complicated but it is so descriptive and specific, in terms of meanings and etymology. Most English and Americans, can't cope with Greek, so good for you!
 Germans on the other hand, do better in learning Greek 'cause the structure on both our Grammars is very much alike.

And I'll have to agree with you on Japanese being the hardest.. As I mentioned earlier to @Norachan, when my friend who was learning Japanese at the time, started showing me ideograms and such, I was like 
 towards him.. LOL

*Oh, and your Greek is not rusty at all! 
I started studying classics because I wanted to read the Iliad in its native tongue. So I started with the hardest form of Greek it seems! 

Now I cry every time I read someone's translation of it. They are all so bad, and it loses so much... but i don't actually find it complicated. I guess my brain is just wired for it. 

It's storming here so  badly. Tempest and Sinbad are terrified, so am I! 
 I'm curled up in a fuzzy blanket at the gate with both of them pressing close. It's scary storm :( :(

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When Muffin met Cupcake, she was mad because Cupcake was affectionate and not a minion of darkness like she had wanted, haha.
Luci wouldn't even go in my DD's room after we found Xander. I guess she has changed her mind because I found her laying in DD's room in "her" chair / throne. She was watching Xander's crate making sure the little "peasant" stayed in there. LOL

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It certainly seems to have slowed down quite a bit! I think maybe people stayed up too late for the 1000 post and are now soundly sleeping 
 Oh time zones can wreck someone's sleep patterns for sure! 

catluvr101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yeah, there's people on at like midnight and for others its 10 in the morning, haha. That's just how the sun works. Lol

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yeah, there's people on at like midnight and for others its 10 in the morning, haha. That's just how the sun works. Lol
Darn you sun! 

I'm kind of used to not worrying but minding (if that makes sense?) time zones. Some of my best friends are 11-12 hrs ahead of me in another country. I ask them how's the future 

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I was up for the 1000 (came in at 1002 - darn!) and it happened around midnite I think although I wasn't watching the clock.  I REALLY wanted that tee shirt so now have to buy my own.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have recently started reading Les Miserables (somehow missed that as part of my English degree). I know it is a challenge to read, but I'd love to be able to have said I did.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Hungry...Popcorn for a snack between breakfast and lunch? Hmm don't mind if I do.

Let's get popping!!!!! LOL
Popcorn is a great idea and it's healthy too.  Well, not the way I eat it which is full of butter and salt and a heart attack in a bowl.  But theoretically it's healthy!

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hungry...Popcorn for a snack between breakfast and lunch? Hmm don't mind if I do.

Yum!  I'm having popcorn for breakfast.  My stomach needing settling and this does the trick!  Planning on fruit salad for a snack later.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Popcorn is one of my favorite things in the world. I love to eat it plain, but popping it without any kind of popcorn popper is a bit of a pain so I mostly eat microwaved popcorn.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Popcorn is one of my favorite things in the world. I love to eat it plain, but popping it without any kind of popcorn popper is a bit of a pain so I mostly eat microwaved popcorn.
I love fresh popped popcorn but I don't have any way to do it so I too eat microwaved popcorn. I don't have to have a reason or time to eat it. It's my favorite snack anytime!!!

I'm with @Margd  though, I pile on the butter, but I use garlic salt and usually grated parmesan cheese for a little added flavor. Not at all healthy but I keep telling myself it is LOL

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

That's just what I was thinking after I read the post from @CatLuvr    LOL
I'm not fond of the sun to begin with 

I remember being a 6-8 year old child and researching how to destroy it. I thought of ice, nitrogen bombs and other types of bombs. I just never seemed to come across a Biology book, so when in class our teacher told us about photosynthesis and the food chain I was so depressed that my plans had been foiled by nature 

Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks... ever! Sadly I'll have to wait until I get home in about 10 hrs 

I was up for the 1000 (came in at 1002 - darn!) and it happened around midnite I think although I wasn't watching the clock.  I REALLY wanted that tee shirt so now have to buy my own.
I really want it too! I was 997! I even waited a couple of seconds before posting again and I failed 
 Let's aim for that 1500 and try our best to get it! 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had some success with putting the corn kernels into a brown paper lunch bag and microwaving this. It tends to waste kernels and you have to be careful to make sure it doesn't catch on fire.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

We've had some success with putting the corn kernels into a brown paper lunch bag and microwaving this. It tends to waste kernels and you have to be careful to make sure it doesn't catch on fire.
LOL. My BF wants to take a microwave) bag with us camping. He said he can pop it over the campfire. I'll believe it when I see it. LOL He is one heck of a cook but not sure about microwave popcorn on a campfire. 

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I love fresh popped popcorn but I don't have any way to do it so I too eat microwaved popcorn. I don't have to have a reason or time to eat it. It's my favorite snack anytime!!!

I'm with @Margd  though, I pile on the butter, but I use garlic salt and usually grated parmesan cheese for a little added flavor. Not at all healthy but I keep telling myself it is LOL
Have you tried with a pot?

That's how we do it here sometimes:

- Turn on the stove to medium or medium-high heat

- You put into a cooking pot a handful or two of popcorn kernels

- Add butter (or cooking oil) and salt to taste (I usually add enough butter to barely cover the popcorn kernels)

- Make sure the butter is melted and stir

- Put the lid on and wait for the 1st pop

- Move the pot back and forth until all kernels pop or at when you hear pops every 1-5 seconds

-Take off flame and either let the pot cool so u can eat from there or transfer the popcorn into a bowl

It might take some trial and error because of your stove's heating capacity. You can experiment adding anything you want before, during or after popping 

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Yum!  I'm having popcorn for breakfast.  My stomach needing settling and this does the trick!  Planning on fruit salad for a snack later.
Sounds very healthy.  I have to admit I ate cookies for breakfast - absolutely the worst possible thing to start the day off with.  Will go for yogurt for lunch.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

I'm not fond of the sun to begin with 

I remember being a 6-8 year old child and researching how to destroy it. I thought of ice, nitrogen bombs and other types of bombs. I just never seemed to come across a Biology book, so when in class our teacher told us about photosynthesis and the food chain I was so depressed that my plans had been foiled by nature 

Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks... ever! Sadly I'll have to wait until I get home in about 10 hrs 

I really want it too! I was 997! I even waited a couple of seconds before posting again and I failed 
 Let's aim for that 1500 and try our best to get it! 
HA HA HA!!!!!  Destroying the sun!  What an ambition.  I love it

Yes, let's go for that tee shirt! 

Status
Not open for further replies.