Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Popcorn is one of my favorite things in the world. I love to eat it plain, but popping it without any kind of popcorn popper is a bit of a pain so I mostly eat microwaved popcorn.
NewYork1303 NewYork1303 One of my Rainbow Bridge cats loved popcorn. We had not had him very long when he began to have urinary issues. The vet put him on special cat food for the rest of his life and said no table food. I said oh no, he loves popcorn. Then the vet said give him the low fat kind. We tossed a piece in the air and he would catch it in his mouth. Yes, he loved his popcorn

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@NewYork1303 One of my Rainbow Bridge cats loved popcorn. We had not had him very long when he began to have urinary issues. The vet put him on special cat food for the rest of his life and said no table food. I said oh no, he loves popcorn. Then the vet said give him the low fat kind. We tossed a piece in the air and he would catch it in his mouth. Yes, he loved his popcorn
We had a cat that loved the orange Goldfish crackers. She would bat them around on the floor and then eat them once she had hunted them sufficiently.

catluvr101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat used to love to eat popcorn when she was a kitten. We were going to call her that, but it's just never stuck, lol

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

HA HA HA!!!!!  Destroying the sun!  What an ambition.  I love it

Yes, let's go for that tee shirt! 
It was! My mom looked at me strangely with my chemistry and math books! I was always a very independent child so my mom didn't mind me reading advanced books.  I was trying to calculate the distance between here and the sun and then what sort of trajectory the "bomb" would need to have. I did tests with rocks , paper, aluminum cans thrown up towards trees and wrote down my results. Thinking back on it, it was very advanced thinking for a 6-8 year old! 
 We got advanced calculus, physics, chemistry and design of experiments! I learned those in university! 

Now... the one thing I didn't take into account was that money was needing to execute my plan

Right now it seems there's 4 of us on the thread! We can do it! 

Last edited:

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The storm that terrified us all is gone now. But i think Sinbad would welcome another scary storm given the results. :lol3:

View media item 285066
When i realize they were both terrified, i curled up outside Tempest's room in the fuzzy blanket. You'd never know he was shaking in fear a minute before that was taken, would you.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a cat that loved the orange Goldfish crackers. She would bat them around on the floor and then eat them once she had hunted them sufficiently.
They have to kill their prey first. Never try to figure out why a cat does what he does. He is the only one who knows the answer.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have to kill their prey first. Never try to figure out why a cat does what he does. He is the only one who knows the answer.
Ha ha. True. My kitten right now chases cat kibbles that escape from her bowl and hunts them. My older cat will also go after them if they somehow get further away from the bowl.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@NewYork1303 One of my Rainbow Bridge cats loved popcorn. We had not had him very long when he began to have urinary issues. The vet put him on special cat food for the rest of his life and said no table food. I said oh no, he loves popcorn. Then the vet said give him the low fat kind. We tossed a piece in the air and he would catch it in his mouth. Yes, he loved his popcorn
My Ghost loved popcorn. He would sit beside me on the couch and take out  his own piece and eat it. He would look to see which one he wanted and grab it. If I got it he would pop my hand so I would drop it and then get it and eat it.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Have you tried with a pot?

That's how we do it here sometimes:

- Turn on the stove to medium or medium-high heat

- You put into a cooking pot a handful or two of popcorn kernels

- Add butter (or cooking oil) and salt to taste (I usually add enough butter to barely cover the popcorn kernels)

- Make sure the butter is melted and stir

- Put the lid on and wait for the 1st pop

- Move the pot back and forth until all kernels pop or at when you hear pops every 1-5 seconds

-Take off flame and either let the pot cool so u can eat from there or transfer the popcorn into a bowl

It might take some trial and error because of your stove's heating capacity. You can experiment adding anything you want before, during or after popping 

We use to pop it that way but since our stove quit its microwave for us. I love stove cooked popcorn, nothing tastes better.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LOL. My BF wants to take a microwave) bag with us camping. He said he can pop it over the campfire. I'll believe it when I see it. LOL He is one heck of a cook but not sure about microwave popcorn on a campfire. 
  You can do it.  It's called Jiffy Pop!  The unburnt kernels taste ok.   He's going to need a long stick.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi again everyone :wavey: I just spent the afternoon asleep with Asha in my lap :heart3: She kept coming back and meowing at me until I moved into the position she wanted me in :rolleyes: Woke up when she started grooming herself and got her claw stuck in my leg...right on my shin bone :cringe:

It's definitely been quieter here today - only a single page of posts to catch up on in 3 hrs. Come on everyone...surely we can do better than that! :lol3: ;)

Popcorn - I love it too...but only if I make my own. I make it in a dry nonstick pan...maybe adding a few spritzers of low cal oil spray if I remember. It works fine as long as you keep the pan moving :)

Last edited:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to be honest and say that I have a legitimate fear of Jiffy Pop. I have never managed to make it without having flames flying everywhere. Apparently I am not a good camping cook.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm going to be honest and say that I have a legitimate fear of Jiffy Pop. I have never managed to make it without having flames flying everywhere. Apparently I am not a good camping cook.
We used Jiffy Pop when I was a kid. I popped some several years ago when my DDs were little. All they ever had was microwave and this amazed them. It tastes much better than microwave but it's WAY expensive though.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

It was! My mom looked at me strangely with my chemistry and math books! I was always a very independent child so my mom didn't mind me reading advanced books.  I was trying to calculate the distance between here and the sun and then what sort of trajectory the "bomb" would need to have. I did tests with rocks , paper, aluminum cans thrown up towards trees and wrote down my results. Thinking back on it, it was very advanced thinking for a 6-8 year old! 
 We got advanced calculus, physics, chemistry and design of experiments! I learned those in university! 

Now... the one thing I didn't take into account was that money was needing to execute my plan

Right now it seems there's 4 of us on the thread! We can do it! 

That's an amazing story about the efforts you went through to get rid of the sun!  You truly were a young scientist!

What did you dislike about it so much?   I mean, it is an .....unusual ambition - to bomb the sun out of the sky!

Yeah, the money thing.  Lots of research doesn't get done due to money.

We'll do it - we'll definitely get to 1500!

catluvr101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey does anyone know if we have a page on Facebook for this website? More people will know about what a great community this is sharing cat advice.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My DH bought us a popcorn pan for over the fire pit this spring.  It was so yummy like that!  It tasted a little smoky.  DD and I really enjoyed it!  DS missed out because he'd fallen asleep. 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are so many more interesting things to make over a campfire.  Why does he want popcorn?  I think my favorite was Banana Boats.  S'mores are ok

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We used Jiffy Pop when I was a kid. I popped some several years ago when my DDs were little. All they ever had was microwave and this amazed them. It tastes much better than microwave but it's WAY expensive though.
What does DD mean?
I might be being stupid, but humor me please. I agree that when it is prepared correctly Jiffy Pop is delicious. I've just never managed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.