Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I love emojis, use them all the time. They're like a universal language of cute!

Me too! 

This is possibly one of my most used -  

Well, the real Ophelia is cute as can be.  And she's black!!!!  Yay black cats!!!

Zoomies are when cats race around the house like crazy, sometimes leaping on furniture as they go.  It's really cute to watch. 
I love Ophelia, ever since I saw that series of photos of a dare devil escapee in action.  

I think the 'Zoomies' are also known as elephant stampedes, mostly because no matter whether it's one cat or 20 they weem to make as much noise as an elephant when they run at these times (even it completely silent at all others).  

@ellieandwinnie   congratulations on picture of the week.  Such a sweet picture of a couple of sweet kittens.
   It's a super sweet photo, and lovely colours and composition to boot.  It must have been a hard choice this week but Anne did well. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just popping to say hi to everyone 

I've been too busy to follow this thread and I've totally lost the plot with it 

Keep babbling people! I'll try and get properly caught up tomorrow 

Back to learning how to use my new laptop now 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best thing about black cats is that they match just about anything so you don't have to worry about how they look with your decor. Not like Carrot who clashes with our carpet. :p

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our two cats enjoy immobilizing our arms and legs with their cute furry bodies.   My DH doesn't mind, except when his bladder is full and he wants to get up.

You have a tuxedo cat with a white goatee too!!! My cat Ingvild Solveig, my parents' cat Face and my brother's kitten Buck all have the same markings. I love that my family has matching cats and now I see you have one too. That's awesome. Welcome to the family, @EarlyMornings :)

Here's my Ingvild Solveig...
View media item 286561
My parents' cat Face...
View media item 286563
And my brother's kitten Buck...
View media item 286564
So many little fuzzy white goatees! Yay! :)

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

I used to have this great garden.  There were several beds of perennials, lots of trees and tons of bulbs for springtime lushness.  I really felt I had created something wonderful and hated to move.  Years later I went back in the spring and the new owner had dug up everything and replaced it with grass.  The trees that screened the garden from the neighbors had all been cut down and replaced with a fence.  A magnificent black walnut tree was no longer there.   I was absolutely horrified.  The worst part was that the place actually looked pretty good in a bland kind of way.  Very tidy. 
That's why I don't like to go back to a place where I used to garden. I had a plot in a community garden for 17 years before I moved out of state. When I returned and just looked for curiosity I found an apricot tree which I had planted from just a little stick had been cut down, all the rose bushes were gone and the place was full of weeds. The only thing left was the grape vine which was totally overgrown as it  had apparently never been pruned back as it should every winter and it was too difficult to dig it up.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

That's why I don't like to go back to a place where I used to garden. I had a plot in a community garden for 17 years before I moved out of state. When I returned and just looked for curiosity I found an apricot tree which I had planted from just a little stick had been cut down, all the rose bushes were gone and the place was full of weeds. The only thing left was the grape vine which was totally overgrown as it  had apparently never been pruned back as it should every winter and it was too difficult to dig it up.
Oh how awful!  When you plant a tree and watch it grow and then come back to find it cut down, it's really upsetting.  I had planted a Japanese Red Maple in my old garden that was a beautiful shape and looked like an enormous bonsai,  It was gorgeous all year round but spectacular in the fall.  They cut it down.  And of course my vegetable garden was all planted over with grass and the apple tree was gone.  You're wise to not go back to a place.  I'm never doing it again!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always thought it is interesting that people have less regard for the lives of plants than anything else. They're living beings and it is easy to feel a deep connection to them, even if it is a different kind of connection than to a person or an animal.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all the tuxedo cats! My black cat doesn't have any white. Well she has a few flecks in her fur and one white whisker, but otherwise she is all black.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

@Margd   @MagiksGirl   When my family had Basenjis (breed of dog, look them up- they're amazing), they would do the zoom thing, but we called it the B-500... now with @Lilac-Olligoci's Bear-Bear, and my Binx and Eddie... I call it the C-500 ^_^
Hahaha, sounds like a handful all those dogs / kitties running around! 

Wow! The thread seems to have really slowed down! Less than 250 comments to go before the next winner! 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think even at this pace we should be able to get there before the end of July. It'll be interesting going back to life without this thread.
Where will I put all of my random thoughts now?

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think even at this pace we should be able to get there before the end of July. It'll be interesting going back to life without this thread.
Where will I put all of my random thoughts now?
Have you seen The Cat's Meow forum?  I like the 'Conversations with My Cat thread.  I rarely post there but love to read it.  My cats only say play and food.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.