Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just voted in that cute Open Mouth Cat Contest. I think that might be the hardest thing I have to do today. What a bunch of cute pictures :nod:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No kidding. It was hard to pick what pictures to vote for with the open mouth competition. And now to play with da bird to appease my waiting cats.

ellieandwinnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No kidding. It was hard to pick what pictures to vote for with the open mouth competition. And now to play with da bird to appease my waiting cats.
I keep hearing about this famous Da Bird. It seems as though Winnie and Ophelia should have such a renowned toy!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

I used to have this great garden.  There were several beds of perennials, lots of trees and tons of bulbs for springtime lushness.  I really felt I had created something wonderful and hated to move.  Years later I went back in the spring and the new owner had dug up everything and replaced it with grass.  The trees that screened the garden from the neighbors had all been cut down and replaced with a fence.  A magnificent black walnut tree was no longer there.   I was absolutely horrified.  The worst part was that the place actually looked pretty good in a bland kind of way.  Very tidy. 
How heart-breaking.  But gardens are a lot of work and perhaps the new owners just didn't have the time to do the upkeep.

I'm in the process of adding gardens to my yard, but am keeping in the back of my mind that I don't want to do anything to discourage potential new owners when eventually the house goes on the market.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

How heart-breaking.  But gardens are a lot of work and perhaps the new owners just didn't have the time to do the upkeep.

I'm in the process of adding gardens to my yard, but am keeping in the back of my mind that I don't want to do anything to discourage potential new owners when eventually the house goes on the market.
That's probably wise.  I didn't have a problem when I sold the house to the first set of new owners but apparently they were foreclosed upon and it went up on auction so possibly the current owners got a very good price on it.  It was kind of heart breaking but I have to admit, the place really did look pretty good.  Very crisp and tidy.  I could see the appeal, even though if I mourned the loss of what was really a magical place.  But you're absolutely right.  Gardens ARE a lot of work. 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep hearing about this famous Da Bird. It seems as though Winnie and Ophelia should have such a renowned toy!
My cat wouldn't even play with my kitten around until we bought this toy. Now they can have interactive playtime together which is very nice. They both adore it.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Paul and Chula love Da Bird.  I bought another wand toy that looks very much like it first but I think the feathers must be artificial because they never did go nuts over it like they do over Da Bird.

ellieandwinnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've got a case of the kitty zoomies right now, Ophelia and Winnie are chasing each other and pouncing all over the recliner. I bet they would love Da Bird (it would help me tire them out too!)

margd

Veteran
Purraise
I've got a case of the kitty zoomies right now, Ophelia and Winnie are chasing each other and pouncing all over the recliner. I bet they would love Da Bird (it would help me tire them out too!)
I love the kitty zoomies.  I've never had two do it together but my old rainbow cat Milo used to do it every morning.  He had a routine:  eat, use his box and zoom.  It was so cute. 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I love the kitty zoomies.  I've never had two do it together but my old rainbow cat Milo used to do it every morning.  He had a routine:  eat, use his box and zoom.  It was so cute. 
That's what my cat and kitten do every morning. The cat did it by himself until the kitten got here and now they do it together.

ellieandwinnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ah the zoomies just warm my heart. I just love how innocent and playful they are. Speaking of guilty (lol), Ophelia just got ahold of Winnie's favorite toy:
View media item 286535Seriously, here is a pic of Winnie loving this thing :)

I wish I could capture on camera Winnie trying her hardest to get it back haha!

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Ophelia certainly is beautiful.  And what a rascal!  She obviously loves that toy.  Poor Winnie!

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone! I'm finally caught up the thread!

The power went out in my district in the plant so we were sent home early!  

@Losna  I'm so sorry for the loss of Lila. She was sooooo beautiful

PS:

Everyone, what are zoomies? 

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Also, I've figured out the emojis
Now I can add a little spice to my posts
Well, the real Ophelia is cute as can be.  And she's black!!!!  Yay black cats!!!

Good morning everyone! I'm finally caught up the thread!

The power went out in my district in the plant so we were sent home early!  

@Losna  I'm so sorry for the loss of Lila. She was sooooo beautiful

PS:

Everyone, what are zoomies? 

Zoomies are when cats race around the house like crazy, sometimes leaping on furniture as they go.  It's really cute to watch. 

ellieandwinnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Although it seems to happen once you've finally fallen asleep too :sleep2: but it's so cute you don't mind being woken up :lol3:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats just seem to have sudden bursts of energy that they have to get out by tearing around the house as quickly as possible. Its very random.

Status
Not open for further replies.