Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

My cats have me so well trained that they don't need to do anything to get my attention. First thing in the morning is to scoop litter boxes so that they can immediately mess them up again and need to be scooped again as they are all too lazy to cover up and I won't put up with the smell, one of them is quite pungent. Then it's feeding time for the carnivores. While preparing their food there is a concert of meows with one of them standing on hind legs and making the most noise. Then it's off to fill the water fountain which is in the hall where there is an outlet and the fountain is not too much in the way. Next is the foster's turn who sleeps in a room by himself and gets fed there also as he is on prescription food plus a laxative and his food is diluted with lots of water. Otherwise he becomes constipated and he had to be cleaned out by the vet twice, poor kitty. The new regimen seems to work as there is a present for me in the litter box almost every morning. Then I might get some breakfast of my own unless I need to clean up the stink first that someone has left while I fed the foster.

By then I consider taking a shower and getting dressed before I make my own breakfast. I like sausage and eggs for breakfast plus a piece of avocado and some toast. No matter how much these fur balls have stuffed themselves there is always one who then begs for my eggs and sausage . Nothing doing, no people food for cats. But it is very distracting to the enjoyment of my breakfast to have a little beggar's paws on my leg, or some purring fuzzball roaming around my feet, or just someone sitting next to my chair with a pathetic look on his/her face and pitiful eyes staring at me. Eventually they leave and are not to be seen for quite a while, usually finding a spot on the patio in the sun. 
They really do have you well trained. 
   What lucky kitties they are to have someone so attentive to their needs.  They obviously enjoy their morning routine!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just finished up a bowl of vanilla ice cream. I can't think of a more perfect food than ice cream unless it is watermelon. I have a real weakness for both.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
it's hard to compliment every cat. I would never get off this site. But they are all truly beautiful. Some have a cuddly look, some playful, some serene, and some just wayyyy to cute.
Just finished up a bowl of vanilla ice cream. I can't think of a more perfect food than ice cream unless it is watermelon. I have a real weakness for both.
The world's  most perfect food is bacon of course! 

Or dark chocolate.... or both. Or a hot fudge sundae with bacon. Salty+ smoky + sweet = heaven. 

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Good morning everyone! Is it me or has the babbling slowed down a bit? I'm glad to see new babblers who joined along though - welcome aboard!

And now, an announcement - 

Cats and an open mouth is a great combo, choose your favorites and vote!

We need YOUR votes here!

ellieandwinnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What an adorable video! I've been here all night - I just can't reply to myself :) the night shift is quite boring with no one to babble to!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good evening.

It's nearly 7 pm here. I've been out in the garden all day, but the mosquitoes have driven me in now.

@ellieandwinnie  I love that big rock picture. I wonder how many people backed into it before they put up that sign.

@Kat0121  Bacon and Chocolate? Really? That sounds seriously weird to me.

ellieandwinnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just love how pointed the sign is :D I can't wait until I can buy a house and have a garden! So much work, but so so worth it!

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:lol3:     Only some days?  
Ooh, I forgot about the how does your cat get your attention question!
When I first got Mouse the only strategies he knew were 1) Bite, and 2) Jump up at my head....  these being how he got his fur-mom's attention.  :lol3:     Thankfully he did learn that these were not my preferred methods and now uses a rather more appropriate collection depending on how desperate he is.  
Stage 1 will involve walking about in full sight and being as silly as possible in an attempt to get you to play with him, or if hungry to follow him through to the kitchen.  Stage 2 is a roll about on the floor looking as cute as possible act and then  if he wants to play he will jump up, if for belly rubs he just lays there and waits for you to get down to his level and muss up his fur, or if he wants food he will be next to the food bowl or puzzle feeder or what ever gives stupid humans enough of a clue.  Stage 3 if I am sitting down is to jump up, climb on my chest and lay flat so I have to stop what I'm doing (usually on the computer, if standing he will jump up in to your arms and potentially progress to shoulders or head depending on how well the human is known to him, and if in bed he will alternate between jumping up on to your belly with as much force as he can and then race off to what ever he wants and meow, then repeat as many times has he has to to drag a tired human out of bed....  
He has another strategy with one of my lodgers, which is to start meowing as pathetically, plaintively and loudly as he possibly can the second he sees him and continues to do this until he is picked up, fed, tap turned on for a drink, played with, or all of these in no particular order.    Mouse is usually a very quiet cat so the way he behaves with this person is quite hilarious.  :rolleyes:    :rofl:   ​

What Mouse almost always forgets to do is get your attention when he's slinking about your feet which means he regularly trips people up and gets trodden on.  :chescat:  
hahaha! That sounds exactly like my Ivy. Sometimes I swear she is being shot out of a cannon . My hubby calls her ricochet kitty.

Last edited:

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As I read through all the posts on here, I can tell there is a lot of writing talent. Some of these could turn into great short stories or children's books.

ellieandwinnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since we are all here, am I the only one who doesn't know how to use all those cute emojis? The only ones I know are :) and ;) and :D

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Are you on your phone or your computer?

Abby'smom posted this in another thread.

You are using the Rich Text editor. Go into your profile and switch to the BB code editor. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Good evening.

It's nearly 7 pm here. I've been out in the garden all day, but the mosquitoes have driven me in now.

@ellieandwinnie  I love that big rock picture. I wonder how many people backed into it before they put up that sign.

@Kat0121  Bacon and Chocolate? Really? That sounds seriously weird to me.
Yup. It's really good. Salty and sweet are best friends.  
 I'd make sure the bacon is crispy and the chocolate is a good quality one. Burger King had a bacon sundae on their menu for a while with vanilla soft serve, hot fudge, caramel and bacon. It was delicious. 

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

It is a lot of work, but there is something very satisfying about pottering around in your own garden.
I used to have this great garden.  There were several beds of perennials, lots of trees and tons of bulbs for springtime lushness.  I really felt I had created something wonderful and hated to move.  Years later I went back in the spring and the new owner had dug up everything and replaced it with grass.  The trees that screened the garden from the neighbors had all been cut down and replaced with a fence.  A magnificent black walnut tree was no longer there.   I was absolutely horrified.  The worst part was that the place actually looked pretty good in a bland kind of way.  Very tidy. 

ellieandwinnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are you on your phone or your computer?

Abby'smom posted this in another thread.

You are using the Rich Text editor. Go into your profile and switch to the BB code editor. :)
Thanks, I am on my phone. I will switch it so I can make cute emojis all over my posts! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.