Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I bet that nice hot shower felt so good and you probably didn't want to leave. ;) The one good thing is that you won't have to worry about needing a new hot water heater for a long time. I hope you can relax today and kick back. :hugs: As for Artie, maybe he was just waiting for the plumber to leave and will surprise you with a present in the litter box today. :crossfingers:

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was a day without hot water!!! OMG...
I went to wash the dishes.. waited for hot water... none came!! As I had a good amount of dishes in the sink, I had to wash them in cold water...and I had to heat up Artie's Sub-q's...
The sub-q's were done old fashioned way.. heat up a pan of water on the stove...
Gave that to Artie, kept the water to brush my teeth and a quick wash up of me, rinsing facecloth in cold water, to get soap off.... BRRRRRrrrrr..

Called super.. said he would have to check it out.. plumber scheduled to be here Wednesday; but Property manager would be in today.

I was not staying around. i went to Noon Mass. Got a call from Manager, just as mass began.. Plumbers helper would be there in an hour to replace water heater.. so glad it did not crack/leak..
They are slowly replacing all the water tanks in the building.. so they have some on hand..

Took several hours for him to install.. and another couple of hours for hot water..

Artie was so good through it all.. just stayed there, on his quilt, watching the guy go back and forth..

When the guy was almost done, Artie decided to investigate.. but from a distance..
I was exhausted...

After guy left, I had to wash down the tile--- he also found a leak from the installation of the washing machine, and the valve was leaking.. He replaced all of it.. the floor was a mess.

After washing floor down with lysol cleaner, Artie went over to investigate.
I told him: "NO, BOO Boo" He left

After I rinsed off the cleaner, and wiped it down, He went over again.. again, I said:
"NO, Boo Boo"... he walked away muttering..

He did not try to return to the area, until several hours later.. after it was dry, and I put a couple of scatter rugs over there..

I was exhausted.. mentally, physically.. I could not wait for the hot water.. good think I had a couple of slices of pizza, in the refrigerator..

Finally, I was able to take a nice hot shower, at 6pm.. dozed on recliner between 7-8pm, Artie ignored me!!! I think he was pouting..

Went to bed after 10pm, up at 4:45am... Artie was sleeping with me, but left before I woke up..

He greets me when I get up...

No poop today.. he pooped twice yesterday.. lots of fur in his poop....
Exhausting and stressful as your day was, you have a brand new water heater!!! and the plumber fixed the leak on the washer!!! I'd count that as a major double good thing! And with Artie overseeing the jobs, you can be sure they were done RIGHT. :yess::redcat:

The first place I lived in after moving out from my folks was a converted garage. The water heater for it was in the woman up front screen porch. She didn't like us being there and she'd cut off the hot water on us. We'd have to wait until she was gone to go into the screen porch to turn the heater back on. It went on this way for all the time we were there. So I empathize on the cold water situation!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
so glad it did not crack/leak..
Me TOO! When I lived in the upstairs apartment here, there was an electrical arc in the main lines buried outside my apartment. Somehow, it made my water heater actually blow up. MAN was that a mess! My downstairs neighbor's apartment was totally flooded, the back half of mine was, and our building had no power for 3 days. They SAID that my water heater caused the arc, but I think it was the other way around. I'm THRILLED that they caught your issue before anything drastic happened!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Cindy, I haven't been on here much, & still don't get email updated after a while. Even if I'm "watching" a thread. Thought I'd check in & catch up. I'm so sorry to hear about what you are going through. I do agree with some of the good advice you've gotten here from the others. I do think despite all, you were taken advantage of. I do believe that there will be some kind of help for you. Yes, be firm & let them know you are not playing around, that this is your future you are avocating for. Word of mouth from a very unhappy customer can cause a lot of damage, especially the way people use social media these days! & i'd remind them of that!! Hopefully your accountant can help too!
Pray about it & trust that God will help see you through. I know you are a woman of faith. Definitely go ahead and get Artie declared your emotional support animal, so that's out of the way, & one less thing to worry about. One thing at a time. I will keep you in my prayers & pray for your guidance, & peace.
It sounds like Artie is doing a little better today. Glad he finally pooped more!!
Hang in there my friend. You have a great support system here!
:hugs::grouphug::hugs:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone.. I have see my accountant Monday, afternoon.. to assess the damage.. Again talked with my BFF, who referred this 'guy' to me.. she said she has not heard one bad thing against him... and she knows a ton of people.. she also said he deals with many top notch people in my city.. I really do not know what to think...

I really just want to go into a dullness for a week or so... nothingness...and I want to be able to sleep past 4AM...

I want to get into the stage where I am 'accepting' of what ever is going to happen.. to kind of have a plan.. to kind of understand things.. and get some sleep..

The weather is horrendous, this week. today is winter cold. I cannot warm up.. I have my thermostat set at the highest it has ever been... and I am still chilled... Cold with rain for the rest of the week...
Do not even feel like cleaning the place...and it really needs to be dusted... and a good vacuuming.. can't do it... trying to keep myself busy, but Sundays are a very long day...always have been.. cannot even go for a walk..

I talked a friend into accompanying me, to the accountant, for the ride... for moral support. I know she is not thrilled about doing so, but.. she is kind enough, and willing to emotionally support me. Perhaps we can go somewhere after... she is not driving.. wish she was.. but..

Artie... my love... my love bug...He is constantly with me... constantly talking to me.. the more upset I am; the worst I am feeling, the more he talks to me... my love...

Just what I do not need:Yesterday morning, I was playing with him, a wand toy.. with some strings, feathers, and small jingle bells attached at the end of the mouse.. I was on the floor.. Artie was a bit, away from me.. All of a sudden, ONE bell with the string pulled out...
It was in his mouth.. Suddenly, I saw the shock and horror on his face.. I got the sting out of his mouth, but not before he gulped down the bell....I saw the expression on his face.. the same as when I give him a medicine capsule-which he was not expecting.. He swallowed it.. cannot find it anywhere...
Now I have thoughts of it obstructing him, him needing an x-ray, surgery.... OMG..
His small bowel is narrow due to the IBD disease...and the large bowel is enlarged due to MegaColon...

OMG... another thing to worry about... He ate well, yesterday and this morning.. pooped last night.. giving him extra miralax and some chicken treats, to try to have him pass it..

I will not know anything, for a couple of days.. his transit time is 2.5 days.. If he stops eating, vomits, or cannot poop, then it means it is 'stuck'....

OMG>> why is all of this happening to me, at once... why??

thank you all for your thoughts, suggestions... I just need to know 'exactly' what may transpire, and understand what HAS happened, before I can take any next steps....

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone.. I have see my accountant Monday, afternoon.. to assess the damage.. Again talked with my BFF, who referred this 'guy' to me.. she said she has not heard one bad thing against him... and she knows a ton of people.. she also said he deals with many top notch people in my city.. I really do not know what to think...

I really just want to go into a dullness for a week or so... nothingness...and I want to be able to sleep past 4AM...

I want to get into the stage where I am 'accepting' of what ever is going to happen.. to kind of have a plan.. to kind of understand things.. and get some sleep..

The weather is horrendous, this week. today is winter cold. I cannot warm up.. I have my thermostat set at the highest it has ever been... and I am still chilled... Cold with rain for the rest of the week...
Do not even feel like cleaning the place...and it really needs to be dusted... and a good vacuuming.. can't do it... trying to keep myself busy, but Sundays are a very long day...always have been.. cannot even go for a walk..

I talked a friend into accompanying me, to the accountant, for the ride... for moral support. I know she is not thrilled about doing so, but.. she is kind enough, and willing to emotionally support me. Perhaps we can go somewhere after... she is not driving.. wish she was.. but..

Artie... my love... my love bug...He is constantly with me... constantly talking to me.. the more upset I am; the worst I am feeling, the more he talks to me... my love...

Just what I do not need:Yesterday morning, I was playing with him, a wand toy.. with some strings, feathers, and small jingle bells attached at the end of the mouse.. I was on the floor.. Artie was a bit, away from me.. All of a sudden, ONE bell with the string pulled out...
It was in his mouth.. Suddenly, I saw the shock and horror on his face.. I got the sting out of his mouth, but not before he gulped down the bell....I saw the expression on his face.. the same as when I give him a medicine capsule-which he was not expecting.. He swallowed it.. cannot find it anywhere...
Now I have thoughts of it obstructing him, him needing an x-ray, surgery.... OMG..
His small bowel is narrow due to the IBD disease...and the large bowel is enlarged due to MegaColon...

OMG... another thing to worry about... He ate well, yesterday and this morning.. pooped last night.. giving him extra miralax and some chicken treats, to try to have him pass it..

I will not know anything, for a couple of days.. his transit time is 2.5 days.. If he stops eating, vomits, or cannot poop, then it means it is 'stuck'....

OMG>> why is all of this happening to me, at once... why??

thank you all for your thoughts, suggestions... I just need to know 'exactly' what may transpire, and understand what HAS happened, before I can take any next steps....
:fear: :thud: :hearthrob::hugs::grouphug::grouphug2::redheartpump::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::lovecat2::winkcat::catlove:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hope your accountant clarifies things tomorrow, so you know exactly where you stand, and what needs to be done. Glad your friend is going with you for the ride. Hopefully you can do something relaxing after your appointment. :hugs:

Also fingers crossed you find the bell in the litter box in the next day or so. :crossfingers:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(Echoing rubysmama rubysmama 's and dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 's thoughts bigtime and adding my own!)
Whatever experience others have had, this is YOUR experience and though he may have a spotless track record with others, his advising has led to a catastrophe in your life. That's all you need to bear in mind when consulting with accountant, attorney, or anyone else. You have nothing to apologize for -- you may have been misled by someone who may have thought (or not bothered to think) that you knew more about the financial markets and/or how to balance your portfolio based on your needs, than you may have done. Absolutely do not present yourself as being at fault. That said, of course the markets are risky and all transactions come with disclaimers. They can drive you cross-eyed but they do need to be read and understood completely before transacting any business whatsoever. Don't ever take someone else's word for something that is going to affect your life. Educate yourself more if need be, and whatever the case, make sure you stand your ground on this matter. :soapbox: And it can't be said too much that one needs to have a financial adviser whose strategy mirrors yours -- i.e. conservative, very conservative, etc.
Glad you'll have a friend with you!
As for Artie, I hope you can feed him something that's as high fiber as possible, and maybe entice him to take a little margarine, oil, or butter as well. *PRAYERS*

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
(Echoing rubysmama rubysmama 's and dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 's thoughts bigtime and adding my own!)
Whatever experience others have had, this is YOUR experience and though he may have a spotless track record with others, his advising has led to a catastrophe in your life. That's all you need to bear in mind when consulting with accountant, attorney, or anyone else. You have nothing to apologize for -- you may have been misled by someone who may have thought (or not bothered to think) that you knew more about the financial markets and/or how to balance your portfolio based on your needs, than you may have done. Absolutely do not present yourself as being at fault. That said, of course the markets are risky and all transactions come with disclaimers. They can drive you cross-eyed but they do need to be read and understood completely before transacting any business whatsoever. Don't ever take someone else's word for something that is going to affect your life. Educate yourself more if need be, and whatever the case, make sure you stand your ground on this matter. :soapbox: And it can't be said too much that one needs to have a financial adviser whose strategy mirrors yours -- i.e. conservative, very conservative, etc.
Glad you'll have a friend with you!
As for Artie, I hope you can feed him something that's as high fiber as possible, and maybe entice him to take a little margarine, oil, or butter as well. *PRAYERS*
:yeah::storm::cloudy:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeez, when it rains it pours. Hopefully Artie will poop out the bell. Thanks for the reminder. My cats have a little ball with a bell hanging on it, I think I'll go throw it away. They don't play with it much anyway. I hope things work out with the accountant. It's times like this I wish I had a money tree to help out all my favorite people and cats. Hang in there...:redheartpump:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The bell would worry me too but if he doesn't poop it out you'll be hearing jingle bells until Christmas. :D Just kidding, of course. I sincerely hope the next time Artie poops you will see a bright shiny bell. :crossfingers: And I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers when you visit the accountant tomorrow - I know you will be exhausted but we'll be waiting to hear your news and hopefully he or she will have some promising information for you. :hugs:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie pooped this morning.. 4 x 1 inches.. hard... and NO Jingle Bell... sigh...
Gave him extra miralax yesterday and today.. treats yesterday, with more today...
Hopefully, tomorrow will be an early Christmas Present...

Artie, Yowled this morning, around 1AM.. I heard and ran out to him, thinking he was vomiting the ball.. NOPe.. he was on top of his large cat tree; looking at me.. jumping down, and wanting to play CHASE... all because he PEED!!! Not even Poop!!!
Had to go back to bed, ignoring him...

Accountant:... things are not as bad as I had thought.. According to her, she did not feel as if I had been screwed.. so we will see.. Actually, she thought this guy did some good moves, considering the current dow jones.. she really did not know why the financial guy, insisted on me seeing her--again... nothing had changed from the prior meeting, I had with her... we did things correctly...
She said the total amount will freak me out.,. BUT... not to freak out.. it is all about
LINE 13....and that is good..

She actually gave me a print out, and told me to write on it: LINE 13....remember that...
And Did NOT charge me for the appointment.. she saw how upset I was...

Not sure about the senior housing.. if it goes my monthly income, I am ok.. if not, then I will only know when my name comes up for the intensive look back...

The Regulatory Senior Line followed up, late this afternoon. They said they are always there to help me.. anytime..

feeling a bit more relaxed.. my mind does some crazy things.. I guess I got that from my mom... certainly, not from my dad... I lost 5 pounds, in 2 weeks over this.. and had a nervous breakdown.. why do I do this to myself.. but I have always been this way..
I had to worry and look after my mom, from and early age--6-7 years old..and it has been this way, ever since...

I am looking forward to finishing up my bottle of wine, and getting a restful sleep tonight, with a rest day tomorrow...

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Artie pooped this morning.. 4 x 1 inches.. hard... and NO Jingle Bell... sigh...
Gave him extra miralax yesterday and today.. treats yesterday, with more today...

Artie, Yowled this morning, around 1AM.. I heard and ran out to him, thinking he was vomiting the ball.. NOPe.. he was on top of his large cat tree; looking at me.. jumping down, and wanting to play CHASE... all because he PEED!!! Not even Poop!!!

Accountant:... things are not as bad as I had thought.. According to her, she did not feel as if I had been screwed.. so we will see.. Actually, she thought this guy did some good moves, considering the current dow jones.. she really did not know why the financial guy, insisted on me seeing her--again... nothing had changed from the prior meeting, I had with her... we did things correctly...
She said the total amount will freak me out.,. BUT... not to freak out.. it is all about

She actually gave me a print out, and told me to write on it: LINE 13....remember that...

Not sure about the senior housing.. if it goes my monthly income, I am ok.. if not, then I will only know when my name comes up for the intensive look back...

The Regulatory Senior Line followed up, late this afternoon. They said they are always there to help me.. anytime..

feeling a bit more relaxed.. my mind does some crazy things.. I guess I got that from my mom... certainly, not from my dad... I lost 5 pounds, in 2 weeks over this.. and had a nervous breakdown.. why do I do this to myself.. but I have always been this way..
I had to worry and look after my mom, from and early age--6-7 years old..and it has been this way, ever since...

I am looking forward to finishing up my bottle of wine, and getting a restful sleep tonight, with a rest day tomorrow...
:grouphug: :beerchug::bliss::sleep::sleep2: :p :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::poop::poop::poop: :lovecat2::winkcat: :catlove:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's really, really good that it isn't as bad as you thought and that your accountant thinks this, but what really counts is that you understand and approve of your portfolio and that it's set up to reflect your goals and investment strategy. It's also important to review these with your FA, preferably several times a year, and you should have access to him at all times -- that's what you have him for. He should explain anything you don't understand/need clarified/are unsure about to your satisfaction. If there's any ambiguity you might consider changing FA's. Trust your instincts.

*PRAYERS* and best thoughts for Artie to "ring in" the new day! ;):redcat:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like you have some good people helping you, so hopefully it will all work out. I think we all freak out over financial stuff, so you're not alone there. Now we just need Artie to poop out that bell! Demi usually pukes up the weird stuff that he swallows. Like the time he swallowed two grasshoppers whole. :eek2:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I guess that means from now on the #13 should be your lucky number! ;)

Best news this morning that your accountant reassured you your finances are being handled properly. I hope you were able to relax with your wine last night and had sweet dreams. Maybe now that you can breathe a sigh of relief Artie will cooperate and deliver a poop with a bell - wouldn't that make your day? :hugs:

ETA: Who else but people on this cat forum would wish for poop and a bell?:flail:

Status
Not open for further replies.