Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been plying Artie with Miralax and chicken treats.. This morning, he pooped a megapoop.. 10 x 1 inches... soft at the end.. no bell seen....strange..

He is eating well... no vomiting; although, he just nibbled some more, came over to me, looking as if he was going to vomit.. but he did not.. he ended up grooming his belling while sitting up...

I went to pick him up, and he had a nice long piece of very soft poop, hanging out... Of course into the bathroom with him, wiping him down.. no more miralax for him...

left word with NVet....

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been plying Artie with Miralax and chicken treats.. This morning, he pooped a megapoop.. 10 x 1 inches... soft at the end.. no bell seen....strange..

He is eating well... no vomiting; although, he just nibbled some more, came over to me, looking as if he was going to vomit.. but he did not.. he ended up grooming his belling while sitting up...

I went to pick him up, and he had a nice long piece of very soft poop, hanging out... Of course into the bathroom with him, wiping him down.. no more miralax for him...

left word with NVet....
(Agreeing with mazie mazie on being glad about NVet knowing -- can't hurt to let him know what's going on!)
Come ON, little man -- you can "doo" it! Give us a "ring", why don'cha?! :crackup::redcat::winkcat:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
No sign of the bell... sigh...
NVet said it may take a while for Artie to pass it.. sigh..
He is working Saturday morning; with his associate covering on Sunday..
Monday, his secretary is back..

I am to watch Artie, as If I am not doing it, to see if he strains to poop.. if so, I am to call in, for them to see him.. sigh..

Artie is eating, pooping.. 10 x 1 on Tuesday; 10 x 0.5 inches on Wednesday.. no poop today.... sigh.. and he has not vomited... weird..

I almost gave him the Heimlich maneuver, when I saw him gulping the bell.. kind of wish I had, but I think that would have really scared him.. and me....

Thanks to all of Artie's Army and my supporters during my 'episode'.. I am getting better.. very slowly, but it is happening.. slowly

Tuesday night, I tried to change things around with the insomnia. I kept all the lights on in here... went to lie down ONTOP of the bed, covered with Artie's fleece throw.. I was dozing, waking up every 45-60 minutes.. Artie was very worried about me..

He kept coming over to me, meowing, walking around me, walking over me, tapping me on the shoulder.. at one point he even came up to check my nose and mouth for signs of breathing.. sweet boy.. Imagine that..
I did get a bit more sleep..

Last night, I fell asleep, as usual on the recliner.. At 11pm, Artie came over, Meowed so loudly.. telling me to go to bed..

I woke up at 5AM, to him staring at me from the adjacent pillow.. He was guarding me.. sweet boy...

Freezing cold around here today.. Had to really crank up the heat.. it was another rainy day, with some snow flakes... weird.. could not warm up, until now.. the sun just came out.. I can turn the thermostat down a bit.. get in my pj's... and try to stay up for my Thursday night programs.. I am recording Scandal.. just in case..

Artie is in his tent... He will be getting up soon, to eat.. his habit.. only 1/2 can of food today.. sigh.. but he ate 3/4 can with 1/4 cup of dry, yesterday...

Thanks again, for all your support, advice.. help...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am to watch Artie, as If I am not doing it, to see if he strains to poop.. if so, I am to call in, for them to see him.. sigh..

Artie is eating, pooping.. 10 x 1 on Tuesday; 10 x 0.5 inches on Wednesday.. no poop today.... sigh.. and he has not vomited... weird..

I almost gave him the Heimlich maneuver, when I saw him gulping the bell.. kind of wish I had, but I think that would have really scared him.. and me....

Thanks to all of Artie's Army and my supporters during my 'episode'.. I am getting better.. very slowly, but it is happening.. slowly

Tuesday night, I tried to change things around with the insomnia. I kept all the lights on in here... went to lie down ONTOP of the bed, covered with Artie's fleece throw.. I was dozing, waking up every 45-60 minutes.. Artie was very worried about me..

He kept coming over to me, meowing, walking around me, walking over me, tapping me on the shoulder.. at one point he even came up to check my nose and mouth for signs of breathing.. sweet boy.. Imagine that..

Last night, I fell asleep, as usual on the recliner.. At 11pm, Artie came over, Meowed so loudly.. telling me to go to bed..

I woke up at 5AM, to him staring at me from the adjacent pillow.. He was guarding me.. sweet boy...

Freezing cold around here today.. Had to really crank up the heat.. it was another rainy day, with some snow flakes... weird.. could not warm up, until now.. the sun just came out.. I can turn the thermostat down a bit.. get in my pj's... and try to stay up for my Thursday night programs.. I am recording Scandal.. just in case..

Artie is in his tent... He will be getting up soon, to eat.. his habit.. only 1/2 can of food today.. sigh.. but he ate 3/4 can with 1/4 cup of dry, yesterday...

The TV works for me. I'm one of those people who needs it quiet and dark to sleep. Or so I thought. Until I found myself falling asleep in the MOVIES in the cinema. And the TV is better than sleeping pills for me. I've missed the ends of more shows and movies than I care to think about! :yawn:o_O
C'mon, Artie, give your mom a "ring"! :redcat:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise

:grouphug::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::lovecat2::winkcat::touched:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't express how difficult it is to relax in a bubble bath with 14 pounds of wet, purring tomcat sprawled on your chest!
:flail: Somehow I find this very easy to believe...

Hi Cindy, I haven't been on here much, & still don't get email updated after a while. Even if I'm "watching" a thread.
The site is set up so that people only receive notifications once per thread, until they click on a notification. That's why I seem to visit some threads only about once a week - I miss the one notification and then there's nothing to remind me.

Tell Our Boy that I said that meowing to announce his poops is sufficient. There is no need to ring a bell as well! Good grief, Artie, give your mama a break!
:crackup: :yeah:

Cindy, there have been 2 or 3 rather large poops since Artie swallowed the bell; how certain are you that he hasn't pooped it out? A small bell, inside a large amount of poop, could be easy to miss.

Margret

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I have been looking at his poops, very carefully... no sign of anything silvery....sigh..

Las night I coaxed him into pooping. It was 5 x 1/2- ? 1 inch in diameter..it looked thin and softer..
He is decreasing his food intake. Yesterday, it was only 1/2 can and 1/4 cup... and only 1/4 cup, if that, during the night..

Trying not to fret about this...

Again, another night of cuddles.. both on my lap and in bed. When I thought he was not on the bed, I stretched out a bit.. sure enough, he was done at the foot of the bed...

Do not know why, but feeling a bit anxious again... crazy mind...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Again, another night of cuddles.. both on my lap and in bed. When I thought he was not on the bed, I stretched out a bit.. sure enough, he was done at the foot of the bed...
Another night of cuddles is another reason why Artie loves you so much. :itslove: I'm sorry that you are feeling anxious and hope it's only temporary. With a little bit of luck the sun will come out today, the temps will warm up even if only slightly and you can go out and do something you enjoy, even the littlest thing helps. Hugs to you from Artie's Army. :hugs:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been looking at his poops, very carefully... no sign of anything silvery....sigh..

Las night I coaxed him into pooping. It was 5 x 1/2- ? 1 inch in diameter..it looked thin and softer..
He is decreasing his food intake. Yesterday, it was only 1/2 can and 1/4 cup... and only 1/4 cup, if that, during the night..

:grouphug2::grouphug:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, no wonder -- I'm sure we can all relate to that, what with Artie's bell and the other stuff that you've been dealing with lately! Truth is that anxiety helps no one, but that said, I have anxiety, which I've learned some ways of dealing with, but at the end of the day, we're all human (well, unless we're cats...) ;):redcat:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I coaxed him into pooping.
I just had a sudden, absurd cartoon-like image of you wringing him out like a wet washcloth! That's going to have me chuckling for a few.

So, I discussed this whole bell issue with the poop fairy, and she called one of her friends to assist. I'm hoping that between the two, they'll sort this out! The new girl seems very suited to the task!

Status
Not open for further replies.