Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Artie. All the itching must be driving him mad. I hope you find something that helps. Enjoy your vodka or wine..or both...and wishing you and Artie a relaxing Easter.
Thank you...

I am really not myself.. I have been on the verge of a full blown panic attack meltdown. i am having mini-ones, as it is.. too much, and too long of a story..

Artie has been a constant.. Last night, I was really bad. Tried to sleep, Artie was right there with me, not leaving my side...

He has not pooped much in the past couple of days. I am trying to cut back on the food which contains chicken. He will only eat the fiber response food at night, but not much of it.. so, the poops are not coming out..

If I give him the food with chicken, he loses more fur, pulls out a patch of fur, vomits huge fur balls... gains a bit of weight, but he poops...

With a limited amount of the food containing chicken, he is still itchy, not vomiting, not eating much-losing a bit of weight, and the poop does NOT come out....

He was following me around all morning.. could not figure out what is on his mind. I still cannot. He was walking around, trying to find a spot to hang out in....poor thing, I pulled out a kitchen chair to sit on, did not realize Artie was hiding there.. He had to jump down so fast....

Artie is limping more prominently today.. do not know what is going on with him...

My mind is just not there.. internalizing and projecting a lot of worse case scenarios.. not for him; but for me... I am not the best person to be posting on here...

gotta go...

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you...

I am really not myself.. I have been on the verge of a full blown panic attack meltdown. i am having mini-ones, as it is.. too much, and too long of a story..

Artie has been a constant.. Last night, I was really bad. Tried to sleep, Artie was right there with me, not leaving my side...

He has not pooped much in the past couple of days. I am trying to cut back on the food which contains chicken. He will only eat the fiber response food at night, but not much of it.. so, the poops are not coming out..

If I give him the food with chicken, he loses more fur, pulls out a patch of fur, vomits huge fur balls... gains a bit of weight, but he poops...

With a limited amount of the food containing chicken, he is still itchy, not vomiting, not eating much-losing a bit of weight, and the poop does NOT come out....

He was following me around all morning.. could not figure out what is on his mind. I still cannot. He was walking around, trying to find a spot to hang out in....poor thing, I pulled out a kitchen chair to sit on, did not realize Artie was hiding there.. He had to jump down so fast....

Artie is limping more prominently today.. do not know what is going on with him...

My mind is just not there.. internalizing and projecting a lot of worse case scenarios.. not for him; but for me... I am not the best person to be posting on here...

gotta go...
:grouphug::hearthrob::redheartpump::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::poop::poop::poop::lovecat2:.
In another thread coconut oil daubed on itchy places and raw patches was suggested by several members for another poor kitty. :catrub:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you...

gotta go...
Poor Artie. It's no fun to be itching all the time. Does he like turkey? Maybe he could have turkey and it'll make him poop but not as itchy? Just a thought. You do have to try to take a little time for yourself Cindy. You're a strong person. Remember that, always. It's a rough patch now and its probably pretty bad, but you're going to make it. Things are going to start looking up. Just got to have faith, although much easier said than done. Take care of yourselves now. :heartshape:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
This week was very stressful to me; in addition to being Holy Week, for Easter.
Artie has been so good.. knowing when to leave me be; yet knowing when I need his love.. He is awesome..
I'm sorry this has been an overly stressful week for you and hope next week is more relaxing. :crossfingers: However, I'm glad to hear that Artie has been such a sweetheart. He obviously picks up on your cues and appreciates your TLC. As the saying goes, "he completes you!" :hugs:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you...

gotta go...
Artie undoubtedly is picking up on your state of mind -- cats are so intuitive, and you and Artie are so close. I hope whatever it is that's making you feel that way improves or goes away. Artie will probably feel much better when YOU do.
In the meantime, wishing you the best Sunday you can have, and hoping your evening/night will be a lot better and more restful for you both. :yess::redcat:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks for the holiday wishes...
Artie was ok for Easter... Saturday, was another huge fur ball.. sigh

I am using some homeopathic drops, ingested, for the itching. I do not think it is siding him. He is still scratching. I do not see any improvement.

Artie has not had a good poop, all week. I began the drops on Thursday. He is having small cow patties.. nothing really formed. sigh...

I gave him a 1/2 pack of Sheba Salmon, on Thursday and Friday. He loved it. That was in addition to the Fancy Feast Classics, and the Fiber Response.

There was not enough of the Sheba to cause the soft stools--they are grey also..
Wondering if the homeopathic drops are affecting him?

Artie has slept during the day.. he is boycotting my lap, at night.. I miss him on my lap. I go over to pick him up, placing him on my lap.. he slides down to in-between my legs...stays for a short period of time, and then, leaves..

Artie does sleep with me. If not immediately when I get into bed, he will find me dying the night. I woke up at 3:30AM, with him right up agains my legs. I had to turn over; he ended up on the opposite pillow.

It is almost as if he is guarding or "protecting me" from the unknown. Or is he afraid of being alone?

His food intake has been about the same: perhaps 3/4 - 1 small can of FF,
around 1/4-1/3 cup of FR dry, and occasionally a half pack of Sheba or Nutro..

He is not gaining weight. I think he has lost a few ounces.. sigh...

Right now, his tummy is full, he did a small cow pattie when I got up, he peed, he is set for a while.. Artie is curled up on my bed... and it is 7am!!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am using some homeopathic drops, ingested, for the itching. I do not think it is siding him. He is still scratching. I do not see any improvement.

Artie has not had a good poop, all week. I began the drops on Thursday. He is having small cow patties.. nothing really formed. sigh...

I gave him a 1/2 pack of Sheba Salmon, on Thursday and Friday. He loved it. That was in addition to the Fancy Feast Classics, and the Fiber Response.

There was not enough of the Sheba to cause the soft stools--they are grey also..

Artie has slept during the day.. he is boycotting my lap, at night.. I miss him on my lap. I go over to pick him up, placing him on my lap.. he slides down to in-between my legs...stays for a short period of time, and then, leaves..

Artie does sleep with me. If not immediately when I get into bed, he will find me dying the night. I woke up at 3:30AM, with him right up agains my legs. I had to turn over; he ended up on the opposite pillow.

It is almost as if he is guarding or "protecting me" from the unknown. Or is he afraid of being alone?

Right now, his tummy is full, he did a small cow pattie when I got up, he peed, he is set for a while.. Artie is curled up on my bed... and it is 7am!!
It sounds like he's eating fairly well, though. If he can eat salmon, maybe he'd like another brand like Blue Buffalo or Soulistic or Natural Balance? I hope he starts eating more and gaining some weight back.
Wishing you both a good day! Hope Artie will be your "laptop".

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

When they changed the sheba cans to trays they started to cause my cats to poop weird as well, greyish, almost like stone colored and very foul smelling. I don't feed sheba in the trays, only in cans if I can find them. Thought it might have been just mine but maybe not.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Sheba switched to the plastic trays, my cats refused to eat the Pate, so I don't know if it caused greyish poop. They love the Sheba Cuts though. I hate those trays, they cut my hands when I break them apart and the gravy splashes all over me when I open it. Worst invention ever, they need to go back to the cans.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Sheba switched to the plastic trays, my cats refused to eat the Pate, so I don't know if it caused greyish poop. They love the Sheba Cuts though. I hate those trays, they cut my hands when I break them apart and the gravy splashes all over me when I open it. Worst invention ever, they need to go back to the cans.
Yes, I agree, I also liked the cans because if you bought the canned Sheba by the pack they came with plastic lids, and if your cat was not going to finish the can, you can place the lid on the can and place the can in the refrigerator. Less messy and very economical!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sweetie, I've lost track in all of the discussion, and feel HORRIBLE about it, but is this itching all over, or in "hot spots"? If it is localized, swab them with chilled chamomile tea from commercial bags. And make a cup for yourself to drink hot. Sweeten with honey (for you), not sugar. It will ease the itching for him, and very gently calm you, as well.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetie, I've lost track in all of the discussion, and feel HORRIBLE about it, but is this itching all over, or in "hot spots"? If it is localized, swab them with chilled chamomile tea from commercial bags. And make a cup for yourself to drink hot. Sweeten with honey (for you), not sugar. It will ease the itching for him, and very gently calm you, as well.
When my Lola was treated with radiation therapy some years ago, she developed a sore skin due to radiation on her face. The vet adviced me to dab her several times a day with black tea.
I didn't remember it until I read Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 's post.
Lola was very happy with it, it helped her a lot.

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Cindy, Sweet Artie and all of Artie's Army.

I've been out of the loop somewhat, just lurking as I was waiting for my computer to be upgraded. Still don't like typing on the Pad. Too set in my ways.

I'm so sorry you're both having a rough time this week.

I totally agree and have experienced with Simon and Chestnut, when I was stressed out or sick, they noticed and their behavior changed. I've told you this in the past and I will continue to remind you... Take Care of Yourself!!!!! That's an order

I do need to go back and read up but I personally wouldn't give Artie anything new to ingest. I have used coconut oil and I have a friend who has used the cool black tea bags.

Not sure about the food allergy but I do remember with Chestnut it was almost impossible to find anything without Chicken or in our case Fish in it.

I wish you both the best as always. You both have never left my prayers.

I really hope things turn around for you.:grouphug2: Big Hugs!!!!!!:hearthrob:
:cheerleader:I'll be cheering for you

Status
Not open for further replies.