Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Guys!
Artie is having a good day--shush...
The furless area looks larger, and does have a scab..:bawling:

I am still using the spray, and cut his claws yesterday.

Artie is playing up a storm! Did not have much of a span for brushing this morning; however, he wanted it repeatedly during the day. Problem is: I had a very busy day today ~~ up early, out early, back for an hour (got a when call)- out.. back.. and exhausted.

He ate good today, and yesterday.. pooped today.

He was so sweet yesterday.. I was exhausted. After reading the morning papers, then giving Artie his sub-q's, I ended up stretching out on the recliner, for a while, before
I went to a wake.

Artie came right over, curled up on my lap, and slept with me.

When I woke up, Artie was still curled up, but looked straight into my face.
I gave him the 'slow blinks'.. He gave it right back to me!! I was so happy.
I did it again ~~ Artie did it again.. my love..

Artie, late this afternoon, on his quilt:
IMG_1118.JPG

No, that is not another patch of missing fur.. it is just lying that way, at the moment.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely -- Artie's Army 'just loves this cat'! :redcat:
artiemom artiemom -- aww, shucks! I do try. So sorry to hear you had a bad day. Sounds like today is better. Hope it is. That's a gorgeous pic of Artie. Just beautiful. SUCH a handsome little man!:heartshape::redcat:

I'm all kinds of emotional because some cousins are doing a genealogy thing so I've been roped into digging up what I can contribute as far as family stuff, and that always gets me. I found a couple of cards that were addressed to my dad at the last place he lived, that had never been opened, so I figured it was time. One was from his (only surviving) baby sister, who's the one liasing between me and my cousins on the project, and the other was from my "sis" who was just like my sister though not biological. She sent my dad a card, because that's how she was, so loving and kind -- just like family. I bawled. Anyway.

Wishing you and Artie a good evening and night.:hugs::redcat::redheartpump:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely -- Artie's Army 'just loves this cat'! :redcat:
artiemom artiemom -- aww, shucks! I do try. So sorry to hear you had a bad day. Sounds like today is better. Hope it is. That's a gorgeous pic of Artie. Just beautiful. SUCH a handsome little man!:heartshape::redcat:

I'm all kinds of emotional because some cousins are doing a genealogy thing so I've been roped into digging up what I can contribute as far as family stuff, and that always gets me. I found a couple of cards that were addressed to my dad at the last place he lived, that had never been opened, so I figured it was time. One was from his (only surviving) baby sister, who's the one liasing between me and my cousins on the project, and the other was from my "sis" who was just like my sister though not biological. She sent my dad a card, because that's how she was, so loving and kind -- just like family. I bawled. Anyway.

Wishing you and Artie a good evening and night.:hugs::redcat::redheartpump:
:grouphug::grouphug2:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww.. you guys make me blush....:redheartpump:

Yes, Artie is a one in a kind cat.. but I am biased.. because he is MINE!!! :heartshape:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 :grouphug: :grouphug2: :hugs:
Sometimes looking at momentos can be sad and bittersweet.. we remember the old times.. the people who are no longer with us, the longing for those times..
BUT, we have to remember the love that was associated with them.. and how fortunate we are to have had this in our lives.. yes, bittersweet.. the longing to be with them again..
Remember the LOVE, and how fortunate you were to experience it.. along with the joy, and laughter... this is what I try to do.. :hugs:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww.. you guys make me blush....:redheartpump:

Yes, Artie is a one in a kind cat.. but I am biased.. because he is MINE!!! :heartshape:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 :grouphug: :grouphug2: :hugs:
Sometimes looking at momentos can be sad and bittersweet.. we remember the old times.. the people who are no longer with us, the longing for those times..
BUT, we have to remember the love that was associated with them.. and how fortunate we are to have had this in our lives.. yes, bittersweet.. the longing to be with them again..
Remember the LOVE, and how fortunate you were to experience it.. along with the joy, and laughter... this is what I try to do.. :hugs:
*ABSOLUTELY!* So fortunate. So many humans, and cats, and others, never have it at all. So counting our blessings every day, and being grateful for them. And then, too, so many up there watchin' to reunite with in due time! So it's a win/win whatever way one looks at it, IMHO.
Hope you and Artie are enjoying a GOOD day. :yess::redcat:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry you've had such a stressful weekend, we love our cats so much its hard not to worry about them. If we could talk to each other life would be so much easier.
I hope Artie continues to eat and poop and that you are able to relax a little. Please take care of your self.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Hey All.. it has been a while since I updated...
Do not know if you guys are still interested..

Artie has been doing ok. I think the Vetrycin spray has helped the area on his head. There is now a scab, and it does not seem to be as pronounced.

The past several days, I have also stopped the Nutro, Sheba, Purina Pro Plan, and the other line of theirs from his diet. I have been feeding him the Fancy Feast Classics, and the FR dry at night.

He needs to poop today. He did a small amount on Wednesday night, which was hard.

I opened up a can of Purina ProPlan turkey, so we will see if this may cause him to poop, along with some miralax.. The food is the chunky style, mistake, so he will only lick the juice; spitting out the chunks. I will have to throw out the rest.. He will get some FF after this can is gone.

Artie has had 2 full days of the zoomies.. That was Tuesday and Wednesday.

He is still cuddling in bed.. and very talkative. He actually yelled at me the other day, because I did not leave him any Sheba or Nutro food out with his dry.. Yes, he did yell..
Came right up to me, looked me strait in the face, and Yelled!! It was immediately after he came out from the kitchen, looking for food.

Today will be a sleepy day for him; since it is a stormy day.

I was planning on cleaning.. but we will see how far that goes..

That is about it.. next week, blood and urine tests.. sigh.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey All.. it has been a while since I updated...
Do not know if you guys are still interested..
How do you dare thinking that we're not interested? ;)
Of course we are interested!!!

He actually yelled at me the other day, because I did not leave him any Sheba or Nutro food out with his dry.. Yes, he did yell..
Came right up to me, looked me strait in the face, and Yelled!! It was immediately after he came out from the kitchen, looking for food.
It seems that Artie scolded you and reminded you what your duties are :flail:

This reminds me of when Lola once told me off for not trusting her answer to a question of mine. She insulted me very hard!

Anyway, it seems Artie's fine at the moment. Hopefully he will for a long long time!

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Definitely interested!
Hey, I was wondering if you could tell me how you put the Miralax into his food. Do you dilute it in water and mix it with his wet food? Or do you put the powder right into his food and stir it around?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Miralax or generic equivalent is a powder. You dissolve a dose in some water and then mix it into food. Canned food is the easiest. The powder should always be re hydrated before ingestion. The instructions for Humans say to dissolve a dose in a full glass of water before ingesting, not sprinkle the powder over, say, a sandwich. Miralax works by drawing water into the digestive tract. Dry powder has the potential of causing dehydration because of all the water it is pulling from elsewhere in the body. There have been people here on TCS who say that they just sprinkle the powder directly onto canned or dry food and the cat had no issues at all but it would be best to err on the side of caution and re hydrate the power before adding it to food.

Artie, can you send some zoomies over here? Leroy's a slug :frown:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
LisaT. LisaT. , Yes, that is exactly what I do. LTS3 LTS3 has explained it really well.

I add it to his wet food. I take a small cup, like one of those cups that single serving fruit, or pudding come in. I put water in there, then add some miralax; stir it up, and add some to his food, during the morning and night-if needed.

Poor Leroy... I wish I could send some zoomies over to him.. today, Artie is a slug..
It is weather related and also lack of poop related..

Hate to give him a colace.. he just had a pooparama, on Tuesday. Not good to have it again.. not for me either.. I just put the laundry away from Tuesday!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I opened up a can of Purina ProPlan turkey, so we will see if this may cause him to poop, along with some miralax.. The food is the chunky style, mistake, so he will only lick the juice; spitting out the chunks. I will have to throw out the rest.. He will get some FF after this can is gone.
Pardon my snips! Do you have a blender? Could you blend the chunks for him? Just a thought (although you might want a dedicated blender for cat food, come to think of it!

How do you dare thinking that we're not interested? ;)
Of course we are interested!!!
:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

Oddly, I don't see my "Purraise" button anywhere...how odd is that?

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Miralax or generic equivalent is a powder. You dissolve a dose in some water and then mix it into food. Canned food is the easiest. The powder should always be re hydrated before ingestion. The instructions for Humans say to dissolve a dose in a full glass of water before ingesting, not sprinkle the powder over, say, a sandwich. Miralax works by drawing water into the digestive tract. Dry powder has the potential of causing dehydration because of all the water it is pulling from elsewhere in the body. There have been people here on TCS who say that they just sprinkle the powder directly onto canned or dry food and the cat had no issues at all but it would be best to err on the side of caution and re hydrate the power before adding it to food.

Artie, can you send some zoomies over here? Leroy's a slug :frown:
I don't want my cat dehydrated! Thank you very much, LTS3!!

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LisaT. LisaT. , Yes, that is exactly what I do. LTS3 LTS3 has explained it really well.

I add it to his wet food. I take a small cup, like one of those cups that single serving fruit, or pudding come in. I put water in there, then add some miralax; stir it up, and add some to his food, during the morning and night-if needed.

Thank you very much, Artiesmom!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oddly, I don't see my "Purraise" button anywhere...how odd is that?
Just checked with the team, and it's a glitch they are working on. This is a good place to put that, because half the members come here regularly! NOT trying to hijack...now, back to our regularly scheduled Artie's Army Updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.