Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The 'experiment' with the junk food seemed to work... now I think I am going to be dealing with another episode of 'pooparama'... sigh.. cannot be good for Artie, but, at least he is pooping.

He pooped a small amount late last night..and it was hard. I could tell he was full of poop because he did not eat much the past couple of days.

Before he pooped, I gave him a colace pill.. sigh.. do not know if he really needed it..

This morning, upon wakening, Artie had the zoomies!! As soon as I scooped his box,
I heard a loud Yowl, coming from somewhere. This is his Vomit warning signal..

I did not know where he was, so I kept calling him.... suddenly, he came out of no where, running into his litter box.. Yup, he pooped. Half of it was hard, with the other half a different color and soft (junk food)...

Artie must have had a huge belly cramp; hence, the Yowl.. poor thing.
But he pooped it out..

Gave him his meds, and then he ate really well...now he is restringing comfortably on his quilt. Will be brushing him soon.. after his next med.

The power kept going on and off all day yesterday; even in the evening. Artie did not flinch. It did not bother him at all.. crazy cat.
I suppose, if it were at night, and I had to use flashlights and a lantern; then he would be more distressed..

feel a lazy day coming on... if my butt and waist get any larger, I will not be able to wear clothes.. sigh..

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm currently "experimenting" with Ruby's food. She has a sensitive belly and eats mostly canned hypo-allergenic duck food.

She also gets dry food as "treats". The vet recently suggested giving her a larger sized kibble, as it is supposed to help her gums, when she bites into them. However, I think there's too much chicken in this kibble, so if I give her too many, she gets loose stools. And sometimes accidents, which of course happen on the carpet! :sigh: So I'm trying to gauge how many to give her a day to make a difference with her gums, but not mess up her digestion.

:hijack:

Now back to Artie, and you ... hope you both have a good stress-free day. :heartshape: :catlove:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey All.. it has been a while since I updated...
Do not know if you guys are still interested..

Artie has been doing ok. I think the Vetrycin spray has helped the area on his head. There is now a scab, and it does not seem to be as pronounced.

The past several days, I have also stopped the Nutro, Sheba, Purina Pro Plan, and the other line of theirs from his diet. I have been feeding him the Fancy Feast Classics, and the FR dry at night.

He needs to poop today. He did a small amount on Wednesday night, which was hard.

I opened up a can of Purina ProPlan turkey, so we will see if this may cause him to poop, along with some miralax.. The food is the chunky style, mistake, so he will only lick the juice; spitting out the chunks. I will have to throw out the rest.. He will get some FF after this can is gone.

Artie has had 2 full days of the zoomies.. That was Tuesday and Wednesday.

He is still cuddling in bed.. and very talkative. He actually yelled at me the other day, because I did not leave him any Sheba or Nutro food out with his dry.. Yes, he did yell..
Came right up to me, looked me strait in the face, and Yelled!! It was immediately after he came out from the kitchen, looking for food.

Today will be a sleepy day for him; since it is a stormy day.

I was planning on cleaning.. but we will see how far that goes..

That is about it.. next week, blood and urine tests.. sigh.
:wave3: "Do not know if you guys are still interested.." :doh: :rolleyes3: :wavey:
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::poop::poop::poop::crossfingers: :clover::cheerleader::goodluck::hearthrob::redheartpump::grouphug2::grouphug:

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Cindy! I'm so glad to hear that Artie is doing reasonably well. Atticus, my three-year-old male gray tabby, the subject of the cat huffer's thread, has been fighting a really nasty bacterial bug so we've gone to two different vets in the last two weeks.

Every time I go to the vet I think about you and Artie! I don't know how you manage it. Atticus is fantastic at the vet but it's still stressful for us both. When I have to put Atticus and Thirteen in the carrier, I tell myself to suck it up and channel Artie's Cindy! With Artie's issues you have to go A LOT more than I do so you've got it down.

I am really glad to hear that Artie continues to do well. Just like all of us here at the CatSite, he's so lucky to have you!

(Regardless of the size of your arse and middle!)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of posters have already echoed my feelings on the subject of 'interested', so I won't except to say :flail::crackup:
The blender idea is something that occurred to me, too. Or a food processor, or anything else that allows you to make the food into something more palatable for Artie. He loves the taste, so he just needs the food to be smaller/pureed, I think. Let us know if you try this, how he reacts, won't you, artiemom artiemom Cindy? And wishing you both a very good CATurday and SUNday! :cloud9::redcat:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
now I think I am going to be dealing with another episode of 'pooparama'... sigh.. cannot be good for Artie, but, at least he is pooping.
Gave him his meds, and then he ate really well.
Yep, and as distressing as the poop and yowl was, and as distressing as a "pooparama" is, at least it makes room in his tummy and intestines for FOOD!

if my butt and waist get any larger, I will not be able to wear clothes.. sigh..
I am so very in touch with that.

So I'm trying to gauge how many to give her a day to make a difference with her gums, but not mess up her digestion.
:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Cindy! I'm so glad to hear that Artie is doing reasonably well. Atticus, my three-year-old male gray tabby, the subject of the cat huffer's thread, has been fighting a really nasty bacterial bug so we've gone to two different vets in the last two weeks.

Every time I go to the vet I think about you and Artie! I don't know how you manage it. Atticus is fantastic at the vet but it's still stressful for us both. When I have to put Atticus and Thirteen in the carrier, I tell myself to suck it up and channel Artie's Cindy! With Artie's issues you have to go A LOT more than I do so you've got it down.

I am really glad to hear that Artie continues to do well. Just like all of us here at the CatSite, he's so lucky to have you!

(Regardless of the size of your arse and middle!)
You are much too kind. Seriously... :agree:
I think you stated that you have 2 cats to take along? Atticus and Thirteen .
That would put me over the edge. One cat is enough..
Wishing you the best with Atticus :vibes::vibes::vibes:

I have tried to puree some food in the past. I took out my mini food processor for it. I think I ended up wasting more than getting the food to him. I do not think I need to do that as of yet.. but thanks..

Artie did another YOWL this afternoon. He was sleeping in his tent. I opened up the balcony door to look at the uprooted pine trees.. Sure enough, Artie was there,
Yelling at me, to take him out ~~~ he was nosey!!!

I got in, shut the door, and then the huge YOWL happened. It came from from the inner depths of him. Artie was trying to heave, but nothing came out!! OMG>. I got panicked for a second. He ran into the bedroom (rug for traction). He started heaving again. I quickly scooped him up, putting him on the laminate. He vomited up a good size fur ball.. sigh.. and we are doing so good with brushing. a ton of fur coming off of him.. but..

He has not eaten anything more since then. I will be waking him up soon, to cuddle..
Yes, I am bad.. I need my baby on my lap at night. I miss him.. plus I want him to wake up and eat something. I have the rest of his food out there, with some of the dry.

:heartshape: to all.
Early night tonight.. think I am going to find something, that I can fall asleep with..:sleep::sleep2:
:thud:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise

I have tried to puree some food in the past. I took out my mini food processor for it. I think I ended up wasting more than getting the food to him. I do not think I need to do that as of yet.. but thanks..

Artie did another YOWL this afternoon. He was sleeping in his tent. I opened up the balcony door to look at the uprooted pine trees.. Sure enough, Artie was there,

I got in, shut the door, and then the huge YOWL happened. It came from from the inner depths of him. Artie was trying to heave, but nothing came out!! OMG>. I got panicked for a second. He ran into the bedroom (rug for traction). He started heaving again. I quickly scooped him up, putting him on the laminate. He vomited up a good size fur ball.. sigh.. and we are doing so good with brushing. a ton of fur coming off of him.. but..

He has not eaten anything more since then. I will be waking him up soon, to cuddle..
Yes, I am bad.. I need my baby on my lap at night. I miss him.. plus I want him to wake up and eat something. I have the rest of his food out there, with some of the dry.

Early night tonight.. think I am going to find something, that I can fall asleep with..:sleep::sleep2:
:hearthrob::hugs::redheartpump::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::lovecat2:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I miss yowlers. The closest to that right now is Tarifa, who has some "meezer" ancestry and can be quite talkative when she wants to. There have been some champion yowlers in my life -- I miss them all so much. Suha has a scratchy little mew and Elvis, the big doof, has a tiny mew. No yowls there. "Announcing" an impending furball amuses me. It's like they're saying: "INCOMING!" (or in their case, I guess: 'outgoing'!)

I'm with you on the bed-partners. I don't think I could sleep without my loved ones close. This is why winter is so much better than summer for me. The colder it is, the more cats will join me. :cutecat::kneading::zzzcat:

TV is GUARANTEED to put me to sleep. Even going to the movies used to do this. *Narcolepsy!*:sleep:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He vomited up a good size fur ball.. sigh.. and we are doing so good with brushing. a ton of fur coming off of him.. but..
Tis the season. Wanna guess what I STEPPED ON getting out of bed this morning?!?!?! And what did SHE say? "HEY, it wasn't in your slippers. Get over it."

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Tis the season. Wanna guess what I STEPPED ON getting out of bed this morning?!?!?! And what did SHE say? "HEY, it wasn't in your slippers. Get over it."
Hekitty was presenting you with a 'gift'!!! :crackup:
seriously, that is a terrible way to wake up.:confused2:

Stopping by to say hi to Artie and Cindy and wish you both a good evening/night :yess::redcat:
:compsurfing: Hi to all!!

It has been a stressful several days, for me.. and a bit for Artie. Just stupid apartment issues.. I have been stressed, Artie has been stressed because of 'strange workmen' in here... and I blew my top at the property manager at one point. Did I get things solved?
No. But I will go along with their 'play' and continue to complain when the same issue
re-occurs.. It is just maddening.

Artie is ok.. He had several episodes of vomiting- fur ball and not, on Sunday..
He is still pooping. Still loving; still eating..

Monday was a very stressful day for both of us..not eating much either due to the stress. He was upset and did not get much rest. Tuesday he was exhausted, and slept all day; but, caught up with his food intake. I took a nap in the afternoon, WITHOUT Artie!!
That was strange. As I was waking up, he was about to jump on the bed.

Today is another stormy day. I am again staying inside. Artie has eaten well, and is currently curled up on his quilt, sleeping.

We will be home, together, today and tomorrow, due to the storm.
I may again, be isolated due to flooding issues; however, as long as I have Artie, I will not be alone.. We are also going to take these days to de-stress.

I rescheduled his blood/urinalysis, until next week. Did not want to chance the weather.

Artie has been cuddling up with me, in bed, every night.. I think it is in his job description.
I snuck into bed, last night, without waking him. He was on his quilt. I do not remember him visiting me. He tried to wake me at 5:15 AM. I had to ignore him. I think he was hungry, not wanting the dry FR food I had left out.

I woke up, saw the dish was almost empty! and he pooped around 9pm last night. He is a good boy. I am using the junk food as kind of a laxative. I can cut back on the miralax and not use the colace. Not a good thing to do: using his allergy to make him poop; however, it seems that is what I have to do ~~ NVet agrees.. trying to keep him mainly on the Fancy
Feast classics (not the chicken or chicken with liver) and the Dry Fiber Response during the night. The dry seems to be his "midnight" snacking food. Artie refuses it, entirely, during the day. It is a "night" food for him. I give him a bit of the junk in the late afternoon/early evening.

I Have to wake him up for his steroid, and then his brushing..and then, see if he feels like a bit of play or 'chase'..

The bald patch on top of his head, does not look as fierce as it was. I stopped using the spray stuff, a few days ago, when a scab formed. Now the scab is almost gone. Just waiting for the fur to re-grow.

I am very late with everything today.. got up really late. Feeling a very lazy day for both of us..
Love to all..:lovecat2: :redcat: :happycat: :catlove:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Artie has been cuddling up with me, in bed, every night.. I think it is in his job description.
Yes, I think it's in his job description too! :thumbsup: If he had a resume he would be hired right on the spot!

I can't blame Artie or you for feeling stressed out from the workmen. I hope and pray the problem can be resolved this time. :crossfingers:

I think a lazy day today sounds like an excellent idea. Sometimes we all need to reenergize our batteries. ;) I'm sure the weather out your way hasn't helped matters either. Try to watch a favorite movie on TCM, relax with music or just enjoy cuddling with your boy. Whatever you decide I hope Artie and you have a carefree day. :hugs:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hekitty was presenting you with a 'gift'!!! :crackup:
seriously, that is a terrible way to wake up.:confused2:

:compsurfing: Hi to all!!

It has been a stressful several days, for me.. and a bit for Artie. Just stupid apartment issues.. I have been stressed, Artie has been stressed because of 'strange workmen' in here... and I blew my top at the property manager at one point. Did I get things solved?
No. But I will go along with their 'play' and continue to complain when the same issue
re-occurs.. It is just maddening.

Artie is ok.. He had several episodes of vomiting- fur ball and not, on Sunday..
He is still pooping. Still loving; still eating..

Monday was a very stressful day for both of us..not eating much either due to the stress. He was upset and did not get much rest. Tuesday he was exhausted, and slept all day; but, caught up with his food intake. I took a nap in the afternoon, WITHOUT Artie!!
That was strange. As I was waking up, he was about to jump on the bed.

Today is another stormy day. I am again staying inside. Artie has eaten well, and is currently curled up on his quilt, sleeping.

We will be home, together, today and tomorrow, due to the storm.
I may again, be isolated due to flooding issues; however, as long as I have Artie, I will not be alone.. We are also going to take these days to de-stress.

I rescheduled his blood/urinalysis, until next week. Did not want to chance the weather.

I snuck into bed, last night, without waking him. He was on his quilt. I do not remember him visiting me. He tried to wake me at 5:15 AM. I had to ignore him. I think he was hungry, not wanting the dry FR food I had left out.

I woke up, saw the dish was almost empty! and he pooped around 9pm last night. He is a good boy. I am using the junk food as kind of a laxative. I can cut back on the miralax and not use the colace. Not a good thing to do: using his allergy to make him poop; however, it seems that is what I have to do ~~ NVet agrees.. trying to keep him mainly on the Fancy
Feast classics (not the chicken or chicken with liver) and the Dry Fiber Response during the night. The dry seems to be his "midnight" snacking food. Artie refuses it, entirely, during the day. It is a "night" food for him. I give him a bit of the junk in the late afternoon/early evening.

I Have to wake him up for his steroid, and then his brushing..and then, see if he feels like a bit of play or 'chase'..

The bald patch on top of his head, does not look as fierce as it was. I stopped using the spray stuff, a few days ago, when a scab formed. Now the scab is almost gone. Just waiting for the fur to re-grow.

I am very late with everything today.. got up really late. Feeling a very lazy day for both of us..
Love to all..:lovecat2: :redcat: :happycat: :catlove:
Thank you for an excellent ARTIE REPORT! It sounds as if he's doing very, very well, all the way around, and that's what we want to hear! :winkcat:
As for Monday, who likes 'em? I don't know anyone who does. :sigh:
The GOOD thing is that they are only 1 day of each week. :yess:
Sounds like an excellent opPURR-TUNA-ty to cuddle with the man and enjoy his warmth, softness and company! :cloud9::redcat:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You're due a lazy day or two, both of you! Rest, snuggle together. Enjoy the quiet!

OH! I'm so HAPPY to hear that!

Status
Not open for further replies.