Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I go a few days not on this site and I miss a whole bunch!!!
I love the Artie pictures ... He's such a gorgeous photogenic cat with this soft sensitive amazing presence to him ... Hard to describe but a unique aura and I'm not a happy energy aura type person at all. It's just a special Artie presence. I can easily see how he can convince you to do anything in the world for him with his charm.

Good vibes and prayers for you and Artie!!!
Thank you! Artie does seem to be very photogenic ~ Runs away from camera/phone.. but very photogenic. He is very angelic and calming. Yes, I agree, a definite aura around him. ..that is whence is in a 'good' mood!!

@Loving Mickey ((hugs)) :redheartpump: :hugs:

Artie ate well yesterday.. and so far, today.. no poop today. Thinking of giving him a stool softener.. He is looking at the litter box, but no poop..

Just waiting for his fluids to warm up. nothing else is happening.. :heartshape:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Artie does seem to be very photogenic ~ Runs away from camera/phone.. but very photogenic. He is very angelic and calming. Yes, I agree, a definite aura around him. ..that is whence is in a 'good' mood!!

@Loving Mickey ((hugs)) :redheartpump: :hugs:

Artie ate well yesterday.. and so far, today.. no poop today. Thinking of giving him a stool softener.. He is looking at the litter box, but no poop..

Just waiting for his fluids to warm up. nothing else is happening.. :heartshape:
Sounds like a nice relaxing Sunday. Hope it is! Wishing you both a good day, evening, and night. And yes, Artie is a McDreamy Creamsicle Mancat all right! :cloud9::redcat:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone.. a quick update.. Artie is ok..
He has been eating, and pooping.. today it is a horribly rainy day, so he is sleeping in his tent.

He did have a combo of grey pudding and a piece of normal.

I am doing somewhat of an experiment with him. It seems the 'junk' food is the grey stuff.
The fiber response is the 'good' stuff.

I am going to try to feed him just a bit of the junk ~~ all containing chicken. I will use that as a variety to him and as a stool softener.. yup, kind of crazy, but it will fulfill Artie's desire to have variety and to have some junk food in his routine.

If I try using the junk food as a stool softener, I can cut back on the amount of miralax I give him and the official stool softener (colace).

It is not ideal, but I am doing the best I can, honoring Artie's wishes; not mine...

I do not like the idea of feeding him an allergent, but that seems to be what I have to do..

Will let you know what happens...

He had soft, grey, cow patty this morning, because I gave him some junk food last night and a stool softener. The dry Fiber Response food seems to really dry out his stool. The more he eats, the more it is evident in his stool. I did not want him to get blocked up, that is why the stool softener.. which I do not think he really needs, as long as he eats junk food.

Artie is still cuddling at night, while watching TV.. the he gets tired of it, or leaves me a 'stinky gift'.. and walks away..

He was on my pillow this morning. I turned, he moved, and then decided it was time to wake me up!!1

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
He has been eating, and pooping.. today it is a horribly rainy day, so he is sleeping in his tent.

I am doing somewhat of an experiment with him. It seems the 'junk' food is the grey stuff.

I am going to try to feed him just a bit of the junk ~~ all containing chicken. I will use that as a variety to him and as a stool softener.. yup, kind of crazy, but it will fulfill Artie's desire to have variety and to have some junk food in his routine.

If I try using the junk food as a stool softener, I can cut back on the amount of miralax I give him and the official stool softener (colace).

It is not ideal, but I am doing the best I can, honoring Artie's wishes; not mine...

I do not like the idea of feeding him an allergent, but that seems to be what I have to do..

He had soft, grey, cow patty this morning, because I gave him some junk food last night and a stool softener. The dry Fiber Response food seems to really dry out his stool. The more he eats, the more it is evident in his stool. I did not want him to get blocked up, that is why the stool softener.. which I do not think he really needs, as long as he eats junk food.

Artie is still cuddling at night, while watching TV.. the he gets tired of it, or leaves me a 'stinky gift'.. and walks away..

He was on my pillow this morning. I turned, he moved, and then decided it was time to wake me up!!1
Well thanks to Artie you sure don't need to do puzzles or brain teasers to keep your mind sharp! Holey shades of....If a train leaves the station at 5pm doing 40 MPH and an automobile leaves the city at 7pm going 69 MPH, what color underwear am I wearing...Batman:crackup::flail:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Could you possibly feed him duck or turkey? I know there are some foods that don't contain any chicken. They're more expensive but they might be of some help to Artie. A brand I use is I and love and you. Does Artie like beef? They have a beef that contains nothing but beef protein.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Artie does not seem to be a fan of beef... duck, he has turned his nose up at, turkey is ok... I will see if I can find that brand at the store.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 :crackup: I was terrible with word problems!!! :flail: How I passed a physics registry exam for my registration, I will never know..:insertevillaugh:

Yes, Artie has me jumping though hoops :runningcat: and :dizzycat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie does not seem to be a fan of beef... duck, he has turned his nose up at, turkey is ok... I will see if I can find that brand at the store.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 :crackup: I was terrible with word problems!!! :flail: How I passed a physics registry exam for my registration, I will never know..:insertevillaugh:

Yes, Artie has me jumping though hoops :runningcat: and :dizzycat:
Good job Artie! :yess: Keep up the good "work"! :thumbsup:
Have you tried salmon on him? Salmon is high quality fish and oily, which might help normalize "things"...or how about Blue Buffalo Wilderness turkey? It's pretty nice quality, though I'm not sure because I don't have any at the moment, whether it contains chicken. But since you're giving him SOME foods with chicken as an ingredient, maybe?

Wishing you both a good evening/night! :D:redcat:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Artie is ok--- a cautious ok... waiting for poops. He did the cow patty in the litter box yesterday morning/over previous night.
He is eating well.. and still cuddling.. so good about his daily sub-q's. I am really blessed with having him.

Yesterday, I had to sneak a quick trimming to his front paws. He was not a happy camper about that!! Too Bad!! I do not need to get scratched. I do keep them short, for that reason.. Now to catch him and do his back paws...:runaround:

Every morning, as soon as I am up, we have our routine: I have to go room to room to open the drapes, Then scoop the box, then into the kitchen to pick up his food dishes.
I then get his morning meds together. Artie follows me around, until I come out of the kitchen--- then he runs! or quickly walks away, hiding behind the bureau and dresser in
"his" room.. Always a chase to grab him, from one room to the other..UNTIL, I close off the bedroom doors! Then he is trapped!! He still does the chase around the great room-
from behind the upholstered chair, one side to the other, then under the dining room table, then to the entry way, then back to behind the chair... OMGosh.. it is exhausting trying to get him for his morning meds!!! :runaround::runaround::runaround::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::doh::doh::doh:

Let me know if I told you this--but it is cute: Funny story from the other night:
I was in my recliner, watching TV, around 10:15pm. I heard a bit of 'rustling' in the kitchen, which I thought was strange. I had dishes on the drainer, drying, and have plastic containers on top of the refrigerator to keep Artie off the top of it...

Wel, I quietly snuck into the kitchen, say 2 bright eyes staring at me from the top of the cabinets!! I put the light on. Artie was pacing the length of the counters, on top of them.
He managed to jump up onto the counter, rustle the dish drainer, the on to the top of the refrigerator, rustling the plastic containers, then to the top of the counter!!

He knows he is not allowed up there.. too much dirty stuff up there...

Artie was like a cornered cat up a tree! He was afraid to come down the same way he went up!! What a scaredy cat!!

I had to pull out my step stool, reach up and physically bring him down.. He was yelling at me the entire time!! OMG... just as I WAS, getting sleepy!!!

on that note, I will leave, before I end up repeating myself again!!!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie is ok--- a cautious ok... waiting for poops. He did the cow patty in the litter box yesterday morning/over previous night.
He is eating well.. and still cuddling.. so good about his daily sub-q's. I am really blessed with having him.

Yesterday, I had to sneak a quick trimming to his front paws. He was not a happy camper about that!! Too Bad!! I do not need to get scratched. I do keep them short, for that reason.. Now to catch him and do his back paws...:runaround:

Every morning, as soon as I am up, we have our routine: I have to go room to room to open the drapes, Then scoop the box, then into the kitchen to pick up his food dishes.
I then get his morning meds together. Artie follows me around, until I come out of the kitchen--- then he runs! or quickly walks away, hiding behind the bureau and dresser in
"his" room.. Always a chase to grab him, from one room to the other..UNTIL, I close off the bedroom doors! Then he is trapped!! He still does the chase around the great room-
from behind the upholstered chair, one side to the other, then under the dining room table, then to the entry way, then back to behind the chair... OMGosh.. it is exhausting trying to get him for his morning meds!!! :runaround::runaround::runaround::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::doh::doh::doh:

Let me know if I told you this--but it is cute: Funny story from the other night:
I was in my recliner, watching TV, around 10:15pm. I heard a bit of 'rustling' in the kitchen, which I thought was strange. I had dishes on the drainer, drying, and have plastic containers on top of the refrigerator to keep Artie off the top of it...

Wel, I quietly snuck into the kitchen, say 2 bright eyes staring at me from the top of the cabinets!! I put the light on. Artie was pacing the length of the counters, on top of them.
He managed to jump up onto the counter, rustle the dish drainer, the on to the top of the refrigerator, rustling the plastic containers, then to the top of the counter!!

Artie was like a cornered cat up a tree! He was afraid to come down the same way he went up!! What a scaredy cat!!

I had to pull out my step stool, reach up and physically bring him down.. He was yelling at me the entire time!! OMG... just as I WAS, getting sleepy!!!

:crackup::flail::bliss::vibes::vibes::vibes::poop::poop::poop::lovecat2:

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Back claw clipping is a NO-GO here, usually. It's all I can do to get the fronts clipped, little by little. I wouldn't even attempt it on Elvis -- his dad said he never did, so I won't, either. We have a houseful of scratching posts and pads for his pleasure.
Your morning routine sounds similar to mine, without the meds, though my three don't climb cupboards. Elvis has done some cupboard-cruising but seems to have given it up. Fine by me ;)
Wishing you both a great rest of the day/evening/night! :cloud9::redcat:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
It's been a bit since I been on this thread-how's little man holding up? I love the story. They are cats and will do as they please.

Honeybee loves cabinet cruising too. Jon put a catbed up ontop of the one nearest the livingroom. She likes to hide up there for some reason. She can't get onto the other cabinets-there's not enough clearance from top of cabinet/ceiling-so for now she stays off..which reminds me-got to get out the vacuum and do some cleaning up there...it gets so dusty up there..for a few years I gave up and just shrugged my shoulders..I have to take care of it this spring..then won't need to deal with it for another 5 years. :crackup:

As far as I am concerned-we don't eat up there or prepare food-so the dust can stay for now...but those dust bunny days are numbered. :lol2:

Artie- I love he's doing cat things and being a pain.

Honeybee has a new toy moussie from Jon's brother=he said she was flipping and chasing it all over the place yesterday during the day-it looks so realistic-got to write down the brand on the tag-because Pumps wants her own moussie.

Artie do your business in the cat box! :poop::poop::fallsmiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.