Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the peaceful bliss ended this morning with a BANG!! and shouting, and hammering!!

Artie did ok.. he ran to the door, which is pretty much blocked of all light coming in.

Artie is kind of ok.. He pooped last night, just before I physically went into bed; 6 x 1/2 inches.. soft, very soft at the end.

He woke me up this morning.. no poops, but he was hungry!! He ate well: 1/3 cup and 1/4 can..
I opened a Purina catfish and tuna can of food, mashed it down, added his probiotic.. he loved it.. ate about 1/2 small can. He is good for almost the rest of the daylight.

What bothered me, was that, I went over to brush him, He was at the door. I picked him up, had the pill gun loaded with his steroid, and a syringe of water; was going to put him on his cat tree..actually on the cardboard liner at the top..

I had to stop abruptly because there was a 2 x 2 inch cow patty on the cardboard.. No way to clean that, so I have to dump that out, and get a replacement.

About 10 minutes later, he was in his litter box.. tons of gas, and another cow patty of
3 x 3 inches.. sigh..

No Miralax for him.. I guess at least he is pooping.. but this is now his IBD which is coming out.. from all the junk food. I tried to give him some W/D the other day, but he turned his nose up at that and Fancy Feast Beef....

Right now he is sunning himself in the great room...

Caught him playing with, and trying to chomp on one of his 'lost' whiskers!!

What a crazy cat!!!
I don't blame Artie at all for spurning the W/D. I was given this years ago for one of my beloved cats whom the vet thought needed it; it looked and smelled so awful and my little guy said, "NO WAY!" so I ended up taking it back to the vet. Of course it's not the greatest for him to be having these digestive issues, but at least he's having SOMETHING which I guess we all agree is to be appreciated!
We have the carpenters starting at 7 every morning. As soon as they get here, though, the dog next door starts barking and seemingly doesn't stop all day long. And today is gardening day -- they usually arrive around 7:15. So I can relate to your noisy! We have a triple noisy! :gaah:
I save every "lost" whisker I find. I have hundreds from years back. :D

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the peaceful bliss ended this morning with a BANG!! and shouting, and hammering!!

Artie did ok.. he ran to the door, which is pretty much blocked of all light coming in.

Artie is kind of ok.. He pooped last night, just before I physically went into bed; 6 x 1/2 inches.. soft, very soft at the end.

He woke me up this morning.. no poops, but he was hungry!! He ate well: 1/3 cup and 1/4 can..
I opened a Purina catfish and tuna can of food, mashed it down, added his probiotic.. he loved it.. ate about 1/2 small can. He is good for almost the rest of the daylight.

What bothered me, was that, I went over to brush him, He was at the door. I picked him up, had the pill gun loaded with his steroid, and a syringe of water; was going to put him on his cat tree..actually on the cardboard liner at the top..

I had to stop abruptly because there was a 2 x 2 inch cow patty on the cardboard.. No way to clean that, so I have to dump that out, and get a replacement.

About 10 minutes later, he was in his litter box.. tons of gas, and another cow patty of
3 x 3 inches.. sigh..

No Miralax for him.. I guess at least he is pooping.. but this is now his IBD which is coming out.. from all the junk food. I tried to give him some W/D the other day, but he turned his nose up at that and Fancy Feast Beef....

Right now he is sunning himself in the great room...

Caught him playing with, and trying to chomp on one of his 'lost' whiskers!!

What a crazy cat!!!
:dizzycat::purr::winkcat::lovecat2:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so true, friends. And yes, they are the greatest treasures! I also save feathers dropped by birds, rocks, and sometimes bits of plants I dry (I guess it might be an Indigenous thing. Whatever, I attach significance to these things.) and all of them have memories attached.
:D :thumbsup:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the Fairies can get their 'beauty' sleep!! :gingercat2:

Artie is ok. Thursday was a cow patty day. We are over that for a bit--I hope.

He has been eating well. It is a shame that all the junk food contains chicken. I am beginning to feel that the Nutro, Sheba, IAMS Salmon-- all the twin packs, contain a lot of chicken, which is causing the cow patties.

Yesterday, I gave him some Purina Pheasant with sweet potato. He loved it!! Alas, when it states pheasant, it means a bit of pheasant with chicken liver!!! Talk about truth in packaging!!!

Today, he is gobbling up the Fancy Feast Classic Chopped Grill.
Too bad he dislikes the FF Classic Beef.

I trust FF much more than I do Purina, Nutro, Sheba. At least the classics do not automatically have chicken in the mix.

I also tried to give him a bit more of the Dry Fiber Response food, to tighten up his bowels.
I am thinking of switching his probiotic (Proviable) to a stronger one. I feel the probiotic is helping in keeping his stool a bit more formed; however, he still has the cow patties from the chicken.

My thinking is, if I give him a stronger probiotic, perhaps that will improve things a bit more. I have to be careful, because of his megacolon. I do not want to block him up.

I am also feeling very strongly about the twin packs of food. They seem much softer and mushy. I think there is more chicken or fillers in there; and Artie is reacting to it by producing the mushy stool.

The past couple of days, Artie did not have any twin pack food. He also ate a bit more of the FR food. I think this helped. This morning, he produced: 8.5 x 1 inches of perfectly formed poop.. perhaps a bit hard for him.. so we will see what happens.

He has been alert, loving his brushing, playful, and cuddly! Yes, back to sleeping with me. He has been waking me up around 7AM. Today, he allowed me to sleep!
That was so nice of him, especially since he is not allowing me to sleep at night--straightjack time!!!

No, seriously, I need a new mattress and box springs. I cannot afford it now, so it will have to wait. I am fortunate that I can nap when I need to.. and sleep on the recliner while watching TV--with Artie on my lap!!!

Artie is currently resting. Almost an entire small can eaten.
I feel as if I could nap also.. may throw him off the coach! Have not done that for months!!!

So far, so good...:dizzycat: :lovecat2:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
What a very wise face Our Boy has! As for the first picture...HALP! THERE'S A STRIPEY ORANGE SNAKE UNDER THE TABLE!
That was behind a very old bureau.. my parents, so at least 71 years old.. yup, old solid maple...

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow I go a few days not on this site and I miss a whole bunch!!!
I love the Artie pictures ... He's such a gorgeous photogenic cat with this soft sensitive amazing presence to him ... Hard to describe but a unique aura and I'm not a happy energy aura type person at all. It's just a special Artie presence. I can easily see how he can convince you to do anything in the world for him with his charm.

Physically he looks a lot like my mom's cherished Tigey, who found her cancer (none of her doctors did despite monthly checkups for several different medical issues). He gave me three more years with her and gave her unending joy. I got to have him for just over six and a half years after she died before ironically he too died of cancer.
Pet food companies put chicken by products and chicken crap in EVERYTHING!!! Drives me nuts!!! So I feel your pain. My dog has ibd and food allergies and has chronic diarrhea despite my trying to give him a limited diet that he'll eat, and proviable, and flagyll, and reglan for nausea daily. His limited diet canned food "simply nourish" from PetSmart, beef flavor has chicken listed as the second ingredient!!! He constantly has awful liquid diarrhea despite all his meds. I'm supposed to pick up after him in public and in the dog park but I can't even pick up sheer liquid. Why does beef, venison and turkey flavored food have any chicken at all, let alone the second most high ingredient???!!! It lists beef, chicken, beef broth ...
Awful!!!
Tarasgirl, the dog is not at all obnoxious about barking and is very quiet. He only barks to protect and warn me from Intruders to my car or apartment. Or if someone starts yelling or acting threatening around me and him. All totally fine, of course I want him to protect his mommy and place!!!

Ruby the allergy kitty is worse and my other cat that got a blockage last summer from eating the stuffing from a toy the damn dog chewed up has been vomiting the past couple of days, so I think I will be starting my own thread soon!!! Vet visit tomorrow!!! ...

Good vibes and prayers for you and Artie!!!

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Cindy and sweet Artie, just stopping by to let both of you know that I am always thinking of you both. I realize that I may not always post, but I do check your thread every single day to see how you are both doing. I cry when Artie is not doing too well and smile when he has good days. I would never offer any medical advice, as I would never want to steer you in the wrong direction. You know your Artie best, along with your great vets, and he is receiving the very best care.
Just know that both of you are always in my thoughts, ALWAYS!
Give lots of kisses to Artie for me, and a giant big hug to you!!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I gave him some Purina Pheasant with sweet potato. He loved it!! Alas, when it states pheasant, it means a bit of pheasant with chicken liver!!! Talk about truth in packaging!!!
This sounds a lot like what Pallina is eating lately. It's pork meat and liver, with 5% lamb. The label reads "lamb" :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.