Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
((HUGS))) :lovecat2: :catrub:

Artie's appointments are Tuesday, October 10 at 10:40 for NVet....
I know concern is natural, but it sounds like Artie is doing very well. I have arrhythmia, too, and was told it's pretty common. I was first told this as a teenager, and that I had an "athlete's heart" which is a good thing, apparently. Anyway, here I still am! And Artie sounds like he is going strong. We all have our days, don't we? *PRAYERS* for his appointment to be good and likewise his test.
Sorry about that "major expense." Those get me going, too, and then in hindsight, I wonder what I got myself all worked up about, because I managed it/them, and life goes on. We are so fortunate, really, to be able to meet our expenses. The media may lead some of us to think we should all be living the lifestyle of the stupid "celebs" or something, but that's not reality and in reality, we are doing better than 99.9% of the rest of the people in the world if we are able to pay our bills and have enough. That's how I think about it, anyway!:cool2::cutecat:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie had the zoomies during the night.. He did leave a small amount of soft serve in the litter box, which caused the zoomies!!! and he did leave me a 'present' on the bed, and one on the floor~~ cling ons~~

He is having some soft poop today. I wish he was easier with the lactulose. I am so uncertain how much I am actually giving him...seems I am having a hard time adjusting the lactulose and the miralax doses... sigh...The amount of food is so variable, it is hard to predict how much of what he will eat...

I have a few puppy pads where he sleeps. One has a lot of smears on it. Have to change it.. He did have another episode of soft serve this morning.. eating is so-so...sometimes more cry than wet; other times more wet than dry; sometimes no dry... depends on his temperament that day.

His limp, well-- - After the zoomies, he had a bit more of a limp.. he was not putting much weight on the leg... I really cannot brush him lower than his waist.

Artie is still cuddling at night.. no so much last night, but he still had to visit me..

He is eating some leftovers for supper, right now....have to change the puppy pad.. I have to pick up some more, tomorrow.

I guess that is about it.. not feeling all that well today.. asthma is really bothering me.. tomorrow is the dentist....sigh

PS: the little Sh#% !!!!!! I thought he was eating, but no! he was just sitting on the sidelines...

I have the extra air purifier going in the great room. Artie does not care for the breeze.. even when it is stationary and on the lowest setting!!!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie had the zoomies during the night.. He did leave a small amount of soft serve in the litter box, which caused the zoomies!!! and he did leave me a 'present' on the bed, and one on the floor~~ cling ons~~

He is having some soft poop today. I wish he was easier with the lactulose. I am so uncertain how much I am actually giving him...seems I am having a hard time adjusting the lactulose and the miralax doses... sigh...The amount of food is so variable, it is hard to predict how much of what he will eat...

I have a few puppy pads where he sleeps. One has a lot of smears on it. Have to change it.. He did have another episode of soft serve this morning.. eating is so-so...sometimes more cry than wet; other times more wet than dry; sometimes no dry... depends on his temperament that day.

His limp, well-- - After the zoomies, he had a bit more of a limp.. he was not putting much weight on the leg... I really cannot brush him lower than his waist.

Artie is still cuddling at night.. no so much last night, but he still had to visit me..

He is eating some leftovers for supper, right now....have to change the puppy pad.. I have to pick up some more, tomorrow.

I guess that is about it.. not feeling all that well today.. asthma is really bothering me.. tomorrow is the dentist....sigh

PS: the little Sh#% !!!!!! I thought he was eating, but no! he was just sitting on the sidelines...

I have the extra air purifier going in the great room. Artie does not care for the breeze.. even when it is stationary and on the lowest setting!!!
:wave3: :thud::storm: :lovecat2::winkcat: :vibes:Good luck at the dentist tomorrow:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
After the zoomies, he had a bit more of a limp.. he was not putting much weight on the leg... I really cannot brush him lower than his waist. ...tomorrow is the dentist....sigh
After the zoomies I would probably have a slight limp too! :wink: Poor Artie, he has the mind of a younger cat and wants to run through the house to romp and play. Hope he rests a bit, takes it easy tonight and recovers.

Good luck with the dentist tomorrow, I sincerely empathize with you. :hugs: I swear I have dentist phobia.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
If it helps ease your fears, my husband was diagnosed with PVC. Completely harmless and benign, though he's so scared that he probably has an anxiety disorder by now. How it feels to him is that his heart skips a beat or just stops for a few seconds before beating again, and he can get several of them in a row causing an irregular heartbeat for a bit. When it's ongoing and not just one or two, it would sound exactly what you described. (His problem is that he feels it, which is somewhat unusual, and feeling your heart pause too long is very unnerving.) PVC is a lot more common than the nasty stuff that causes arrhythmia.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it helps ease your fears, my husband was diagnosed with PVC. Completely harmless and benign, though he's so scared that he probably has an anxiety disorder by now. How it feels to him is that his heart skips a beat or just stops for a few seconds before beating again, and he can get several of them in a row causing an irregular heartbeat for a bit. When it's ongoing and not just one or two, it would sound exactly what you described. (His problem is that he feels it, which is somewhat unusual, and feeling your heart pause too long is very unnerving.) PVC is a lot more common than the nasty stuff that causes arrhythmia.
Many years ago my guitar teacher and I went to a Chuck Mangione concert in Civic Center Park in downtown Denver. One of the songs they played had a lot of drums, one of which seemed to match the resonant frequency of my body; I could feel it (more than the other drums), very uncomfortable. And the place I was feeling it was in my throat, in, as it turned out, the arteries next to my esophagus. A few days later I was feeling it again as we were on our way to the mountains for a 4th of July picnic, and this was when I realized that each time I felt it my heart was skipping a beat. I declared an emergency, took an aspirin, and we diverted to the emergency room, where I was diagnosed with PVCs. I had to wear one of those portable heart monitors for a day or two.

They told me not to worry about it unless it got worse or there was pain, so I just got used to the feeling, and it gradually went away, but I could always feel it when it happened. When my doctor sent me to a cardiologist a few years back (just on general principles because I'm getting older) I told him that I hadn't had any PVCs for years, and he didn't believe me, until he sent me home with a heart monitor (for a :censored: month) and saw for himself.

Margret

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you, Antonio65 Antonio65 that it is very common and that it is not necessary to worry about unless it is severe or painful. I don't believe in allopathic (western, symptom-based) medicine so I do not go to them either except for things I know I need them to fix and am confident they CAN and WILL fix.
As for Artie, I am hoping for better eating and eliminating for him today! And a good dental appointment for his mom ;) I guess I'm weird (I know I am!) but I LOVE going to the dentist because oral hygiene is something I'm really serious about and I have a good dentist, whom I have written about previously. I've had to have gum surgery in the past because I didn't always take good care of them in the past, so I always get shot when I get my teeth cleaned -- my dentist always laughs when I ask him to please shoot me before cleaning :crackup: and I say that if he does not, he will find me on the ceiling. :lolup:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Here to bug you with another thing I just saw, that might prompt you to put on a wish list for Artie:
Cozy Up with the New Quilted Pet Blanket from PetFusion DISCOUNT CODE! • hauspanther
It is the most gorgeous fleecy quilted blanket/tent/cat-warming-and-satisfying must-have thingie! :cutecat:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to all of you for your caring, concern, help and advice.. I love you guys :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , I will check out that link...

The dentist went as well as it could go. The hygienist was awesome.. so kind, caring, and gentle.. the gentlest hygienist I have ever had... easiest cleaning also.. she also gave me pointers on things, so it would not come as a shock.. I really like her..

Bottom line... have an appointment with a periodontist on Monday.. need 2 teeth pulled--no questions about that.. the option is either an implant for one tooth or a flexible partial plate which I add to, over time ~~ as teeth get pulled....

Dentist kind of laid out a 10 year plan... so it is up to me and what the perio guy said..
The crowns, bridges are just old.. yes, I could have them replace, but it is not a perfect world, and I do not have money to do so. The idea is to maintain things as long as possible... we will see...

Artie: I was rushed and stressed early this afternoon. I had to give him his lactulose.. he hid under the bed!! Broom had to come out!! and it was chase the cat around the house!!

Finally got the lactulose in him, but he vomited it right back up.. poor baby.. I now, know enough not to give him lactulose when he is stressed like that... Have to give him another dose of it, later... poor baby.. I do not even know how much he absorbed... I do not want to under-dose him and have him get constipated...sigh....

Love my Artie.. I apologize if I keep saying that.. but, I really do love him...poor thing.. I have to learn not to really force and rush things onto him. It seems each time I do, he vomits, or gets sick... I am really learning patience from this "little one"...

thanks to all for 'dealing' with me and my moods...((hugs))

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That flexible partial plate that you can add to sounds interesting. Please let us know how it goes. It sounds better than paying over a thousand dollars per tooth for root canals and crowns. And no problem, we love reading about your adventures with Artie, and we love him too. :redheartpump:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to all of you for your caring, concern, help and advice.. I love you guys :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , I will check out that link...

The dentist went as well as it could go. The hygienist was awesome.. so kind, caring, and gentle.. the gentlest hygienist I have ever had... easiest cleaning also.. she also gave me pointers on things, so it would not come as a shock.. I really like her..

Bottom line... have an appointment with a periodontist on Monday.. need 2 teeth pulled--no questions about that.. the option is either an implant for one tooth or a flexible partial plate which I add to, over time ~~ as teeth get pulled....

Dentist kind of laid out a 10 year plan... so it is up to me and what the perio guy said..
The crowns, bridges are just old.. yes, I could have them replace, but it is not a perfect world, and I do not have money to do so. The idea is to maintain things as long as possible... we will see...

Artie: I was rushed and stressed early this afternoon. I had to give him his lactulose.. he hid under the bed!! Broom had to come out!! and it was chase the cat around the house!!

Finally got the lactulose in him, but he vomited it right back up.. poor baby.. I now, know enough not to give him lactulose when he is stressed like that... Have to give him another dose of it, later... poor baby.. I do not even know how much he absorbed... I do not want to under-dose him and have him get constipated...sigh....

Love my Artie.. I apologize if I keep saying that.. but, I really do love him...poor thing.. I have to learn not to really force and rush things onto him. It seems each time I do, he vomits, or gets sick... I am really learning patience from this "little one"...

:grouphug: :grouphug2: :hearthrob::redheartpump: :winkcat::lovecat2::catrub:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We got it! :salute: We never had any doubt about your love for Artie. As far as moods, that's what we're here for, everyone has an off day from time to time - don't even give it a second thought. :hugs:

Glad your dentist appt. is over and the hygienist was gentle and caring. It will be helpful when you go for your next dental cleaning. Hope you can relax and cuddle with Artie tonight. :hearthrob:

Status
Not open for further replies.