Purraise
ENTRY
wall scratch in dark oak please

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY

Angle Scratch Curvy - since Carleton likes to get up on his hind legs in a vertical position to scratch this scratching post would be perfect for him. :thumbsup:

jackie.o

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ENTRY
Verti Barnboard

These are gorgeous! Would love to give Jackie something pretty (besides her small scratch board and my couch) in our small apartment, thank you!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw this thread! wow. Thank you for the opportunity to possibly win in the draw!

entry- Angle scratch... and whichever format is more stable for a little wild cat who likes to push off of cat scratchers and bound away in full Zoomies... the straight or the curvy? Would one more than another get knocked over when Milly is roughhousing around?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*ENTRY*
It's very difficult to choose a favorite among all of these attractive and certainly cat-appealing scratchers and other items, but I will always be loyal to the VERTI BARNBOARD SCRATCHER because I know Tarifa, Suha and Elvis would love it, and because I miss our barn, and because...cats. Thank you to all involved for giving us this amazing opPURR-TUNA-ty! ;)

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NOT AN ENTRY

*ENTRY*
It's very difficult to choose a favorite among all of these attractive and certainly cat-appealing scratchers and other items,
I know....I'm going to choose a different one every day because really any one of these high-quality, well-made scratchers would be nice. Plus I have a cat who likes vertical, and one who likes horizontal. :)

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just saw this thread! wow. Thank you for the opportunity to possibly win in the draw!

entry- Angle scratch... and whichever format is more stable for a little wild cat who likes to push off of cat scratchers and bound away in full Zoomies... the straight or the curvy? Would one more than another get knocked over when Milly is roughhousing around?
The Straight and the Curvy have about the same stability - and rambunctious cats will knock either over. Customers tell me that after knocking them over multiple times, the cats generally start to use them more carefully. I guess the noise scares them? With that said, it makes me wonder if the rambunctious cats are really getting the stretching and paw muscle workout they are looking for. The heavy horizontals or wall mounted seem to work best for cats that like to play on their scratchers.

I have both in the house, Makena uses the angle scratch, but he did knock it over twice before he figured it out. I see that he really "digs in" on his horizontal and plays on it. Makena does that whole "launch into the zoomies" thing off of the horizontal scratcher (I have no idea why he thinks its a launching pad!) Lilia only uses the angle scratch. June Bug, who is still a kitten, plays on all of them but is too little to knock anything over.

Makena using a Big Scratch - the scratcher is actually quite large, but he is a very big cat and makes it look small!

For the life of me I can't catch a picture of our kitten June Bug on one of the scratchers! I never have the camera at hand and/or she zips off before I can get a pic. She is really cute when she uses them!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
bengalcatman bengalcatman - Thanks for that input! Tomorrow I will make an entry for a heavy horizontal. lol!

Milly does get a good workout on most days (she has a chaise lounge of her own, a cat tree, plus two scratch posts and several heights of platforms we made)... I just think our 900 sq ft apartment/ AKA obstacle course needs to be about 2,000-4,000 sq ft in order for it to be up to her active standards.
:sigh: