Approximate delivery day for this mama kitty?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
OMG! So adorable! Will he become a full-size pig? Will he remain your pet, or go to a farm?

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@sweetlynn86  Good to hear from you!  I've often wondered how things were going at Polka's house.  And especially the little mama who came from the hoarding situation.   

Love the picture of the newbie.  I've always heard pigs were smart, but learning to use the littler box is pretty impressive. 

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow!

That's all I can say...

I just read this entire thread and it is sooo touching!

I wish I had the strength you do! I wish you lots of success with everything!

Now to follow you on Facebook for kitty pics!

amkranz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have never dealt with a pregnant cat either. but have you considered taking her to your vet.  She/he could probably give you that answer and provide any health care, including disease checks for her to help keep her & her kittens as healthy and safe as possible. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I have never dealt with a pregnant cat either. but have you considered taking her to your vet.  She/he could probably give you that answer and provide any health care, including disease checks for her to help keep her & her kittens as healthy and safe as possible. 
@amkranz   sweetlynn86 has had lots of experience with pregnant cats and kitten care since starting this thread, though I am sure she will talk with her vet if she needs to, esp about this new piglet arrival.   Wow, now that is a new adventure @sweetlynn86!  
    Do you know it this new arrival is a so called micro-pig and hopefully gown or likely to get considerably larger? 

Hope all members (human and furry varieties) of Polka's house are well.  
    It certainly sounds like Polka's shelter has developed a reputation and been very busy since we last heard from you.  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all! I know I haven't posted in a really long time. It's been ridiculously busy here. We get slammed with cats, they all have babies and then it's a process of getting them all spayed, neutered and adopted. We had coccidia sweep through at one point and had 11 kittens with it. Talk about a full time clean up job. It was also a really bad year for fleas and we've need Orkin to come in every 30 days to spray and keep the fleas at bay. In December we got a call about an animal that needed help. Not a cat. A pig. I've never owned a pig so I did some crash courses on google and went to get this pig. Needless to say, he's now litterbox trained, lives in my home and isn't going anywhere.
Is it a big pig and how did you potty train him. Hugs to you.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He will get up to 200 pounds but he'll always be here with us.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We spend lots of time in the vet. No need to take a pregnant cat in unless she's having trouble delivering. Our vet has set us up with multiple medications to give when needed. One of the worst things we can do is take a heavily pregnant, frightened cat and have her poked and prodded. She can delay her labor or even abort her kittens. :-/ when babies are 4 weeks old, everyone goes to the vet for s checkup.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@amkranz
  sweetlynn86 has had lots of experience with pregnant cats and kitten care since starting this thread, though I am sure she will talk with her vet if she needs to, esp about this new piglet arrival.   Wow, now that is a new adventure @sweetlynn86
!  :lol3:     Do you know it this new arrival is a so called micro-pig and hopefully gown or likely to get considerably larger? 
Hope all members (human and furry varieties) of Polka's house are well.  :vibes:     It certainly sounds like Polka's shelter has developed a reputation and been very busy since we last heard from you.  :clap:  
We found out very quickly that there's no such thing as a micro pig. They're called mini pigs but only because they're smaller than farm hogs. Any pig under 200 pounds is called mini. Amos just turned one so he's got another 4 years of growing. It's okay though. We got him his own living room furniture and there's plenty of space for him. :)

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is it a big pig and how did you potty train him. Hugs to you.
Pigs are extremely clean creatures. We paid attention to where he was having accidents and put a litterbox in that spot. Now that he's used to the litterbox, we can move it anywhere in the house and he'll seek it out. He's 80 pounds.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pigs are extremely clean creatures. We paid attention to where he was having accidents and put a litterbox in that spot. Now that he's used to the litterbox, we can move it anywhere in the house and he'll seek it out. He's 80 pounds.
How much bigger will he get? How big is his litter box?

How's your daughter?

tsukiyomi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A pig using a litter box that's cool.

How are Polka and whats her name the tortie girl who had a hard time communicating keep thinking her name was Chanel or something like that.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How much bigger will he get? How big is his litter box?

How's your daughter?
His litterbox is a Rubbermaid tote with the side cut out. There's no guarantee on his weight. Anywhere from 100-200 pounds. My daughter had a rough time for awhile but she's been out of the hospital for 3 months now. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, Chanel. How is Chanel, and how is Polka?
Chanel was adopted! A girl came for a kitten and loved the way Chanel looked. She took her out on a trial basis and wanted to keep her. We still have and will always have polka. She still tries to steal everyone's babies. Her milk dried up a long time ago and she's just a chubby kitty now. She still insists on mothering though. She even tries to mother the pig. Another adopter came and fell in love with polka. Begged us for her. We gave in and let them take her. Polka showed them very quickly that she wasn't going to tolerate being adopted out and she came right back. Now she's here to stay.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

This is our newest addition. Her name is button. A shelter downstate was going to euthanize her because she attacked anyone who opened her kennel. So we took a quick ride down and picked her up. She looks so similar to Chanel except the orange on her mouth.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So happy that Chanel found her forever home! And very happy that Polka is still with you and still mothering! And boy does Button look similar to Chanel! You are so awesome for going to pick her up. I'm sure you'll work wonders with her!

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is our newest addition. Her name is button. A shelter downstate was going to euthanize her because she attacked anyone who opened her kennel. So we took a quick ride down and picked her up. She looks so similar to Chanel except the orange on her mouth.
I love her paw on your hand.   So sweet.  You definitely have the magic touch where animals are concerned.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His litterbox is a Rubbermaid tote with the side cut out. There's no guarantee on his weight. Anywhere from 100-200 pounds. My daughter had a rough time for awhile but she's been out of the hospital for 3 months now. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
Please God.