Approximate delivery day for this mama kitty?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Got some fast growing and seriously content kittens over here

My heart stopped a while there when I first looked at these pic's - what adorable little blue fuzzies you have there.  I am so envious you are getting to hold those babies - please please please give them a gentle little belly rub and kiss from me.  
   Stay strong little ones.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've just spent a few hours reading this thread. 

This is the best site, ever.   I'm so glad I have all you amazing people to come to with my  many questions, and you all inspire me.

Now, to just get  my Naomi to deliver.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:thud:  :heart3:    My heart stopped a while there when I first looked at these pic's - what adorable little blue fuzzies you have there.  I am so envious you are getting to hold those babies - please please please give them a gentle little belly rub and kiss from me.  :vibes:    Stay strong little ones.
And me please.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All the kittens have survived and thrived. They're almost 3 weeks old already so they've been given a little freedom to roam and they love it. Except the tortoiseshell baby. She screams anytime she isn't touching mama. So whiny. Polka and Stella have also met the babies and Stella is in love with one of the gray ones. She doesn't like to give him back. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's great news! So glad they are all healthy. It's interesting that Stella has picked one out for herself! [emoji]128149[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji]

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
That's great news! So glad they are all healthy. It's interesting that Stella has picked one out for herself! [emoji]128149[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji]
Fantastic news.   
   And Stella seems to have good taste there with the little gray kit'.  
   It is just as well Polka and Stella are there to help out because it sounds like mama needs some with that little tortie diva demanding of her the whole time.  

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haven't posted in awhile! But no news is good news. We've had a wave of kittens coming through this summer but all have found homes and we have lost zero! We had an emaciated kitten found on a highway brought to us a week ago. I thought she was dead. Turns out she was just covered in tar and starved. She's 4 weeks old. When she first showed up, she weighed 1.76 ounces. I thought for sure she'd pass away but she's a spunky little Tortie now and weighs 12 ounces! She's a little piggy with big Tortie attitude. She even already has a home. A family stopped by yesterday and reserved her. She's the first and hopefully only bottle baby we get this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Awww, that's a great rescue story! So nice to hear from you! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Lovely to have another update.  
     Wow, that little torbie was super lucky to find her way to your home, she sounds like she is coming on great, so here's hoping she will continue to thrive and grow in to a fine young cat, esp now having a lovely new home waiting to adopt her when she is healthy and big enough.  
      Poor little babe getting covered in tar, 
  she is really lucky to have survived that.  ​

Keep up that amazing successful 'no losses' rate, that is amazing.  
  Wow.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It was apparently a late start for kittens this year. We've recently been bombarded and I took on our biggest litter of bottle babies so far. 7! 7 2 week old bottle babies. It was exhausting. They were abandoned in an attic when we were called to take them. They were already almost dead so off to the vet we went with them. They were smaller than newborns but teeth were already trying to come through and eyes and ears were fully open so they were at least 2 weeks old. Our vet told us they were too tiny and malnourished to survive and he'd never seen kittens so small but we decided to try our best. They are 7 weeks old now and doing fantastic! They are still very tiny but other than their size, they've hit every milestone on time. Little batman still only weighs 7 ounces so he's about the size of a 1 week old kitten. We've taken them back to the vet 3 times for checkups and our vet says they're completely healthy. He's shocked that none have suffered organ damage or failed to thrive. Only time will tell if their growth is permanently stunted but worst case scenario, they'll just be really tiny cats. Who can complain about a little handful of kitten to snuggle??? Just want to say thank you to everyone on here too. You are all the reason I took a leap and started rescuing. I wasn't sure I was capable of it but you were all so encouraging.
[/IMG]

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here is a photo of batman taken yesterday. He's the smallest and we've almost lost him several times. A few long nights and lots of Karo syrup later, he's stable and growing!

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have an amazing knock with bottle babies.  Keep the updates coming.  BTW we have a few tail lovers who want pictures of tiny kitten tails.  You need to photograph both ends now

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Of course you've kept them all going! You are awesome!

And they are too precious! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

They will catch up eventually, believe it or not. It will just take longer than usual.

Are any of them on solids yet? You may want to use Gerber turkey or chicken baby food initially. High protein, easy to lap, easy to digest.

Last edited: