Approximate delivery day for this mama kitty?

tsukiyomi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Chanel was adopted! A girl came for a kitten and loved the way Chanel looked. She took her out on a trial basis and wanted to keep her. We still have and will always have polka. She still tries to steal everyone's babies. Her milk dried up a long time ago and she's just a chubby kitty now. She still insists on mothering though. She even tries to mother the pig. Another adopter came and fell in love with polka. Begged us for her. We gave in and let them take her. Polka showed them very quickly that she wasn't going to tolerate being adopted out and she came right back. Now she's here to stay.
That's wonderful and that's adorable about Polka such a sweet girl. I was worried about poor Chanel with all the difficulties she had before coming to you but it's clear you did a wonderful job :) . I'm surprised you gave Polka up even temporarily but just proves a cat knows where they belong.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Buttons is still pregnant. HEAVILY pregnant. Poor girl is walking bow legged. She started lactating today so she's very close to delivery.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Aww, poor Buttons, she sounds really uncomfortable.  Hope everything goes smoothly when these kittens do decide to venture out in to the wider world.  It does sound like it will be soon so hope you have been managing to get a little rest in preparation too.  

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have 6 tiny babies. Ranging from 75 grams to 90 grams. All have great appetites and are already practicing their purrs at 3 hours old. There's 2 gray tabbies, a black tabby, a torbie, a dilute orange and a blue. Mama is doing fantastic. She must feel very secure because she insists on having them in the middle of the room. She wants nothing to do with any box or nest.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What a wonderful picture, mamma so relaxed in her new home that she is happy to nest her babies in the middle of your home.  I have my fingers crossed for all of them but especially that tiny gray one getting hugged by mamma's paw at the top of the pile.  

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We sent them pictures this morning. They're very excited. Many of our cats have come from them. Their shelter is so small and the flow of cats into their shelter is out of control. It's exciting for them to see when one of their cats gets a second chance.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol! They haven't met. Buttons came to us with tapeworm so she's temporarily quarantined. Stella is also a kitten thief. We're hoping all these cuties survive. A couple are very small. I know it's sad but one thing I've learned is they don't always survive.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And for the sake of my sanity, I've learned to let nature take its course. We don't use kitten formula anymore. It's all up to mama.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could you at least rotate them a bit so all kittens have a shot at nipple time?

You're doing such an amazing job with all of these animals. It's a true second chance.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would rotate if I needed to but with 3 kids, one with major medical needs, I don't always have time to rotate. If mama rejects one or it isn't nursing well, I've learned that nature might have other plans.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
You have an amazing amount of experience now, and a great sense of the potential for life. I am sure that has a lot to do with the sense of calm and trust animals seem to feel when they enter in to your home.    Strong vibes for all, esp with the tape worm news.    I hope Buttons is doing well with all those kittens feeding on her.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The kittens are 24 hours old now and doing well. They've already got little personalities. The gray tabbies love to be held. The blue one is a feisty bully. The torbie is a screamer about everything. The cream colored guy loves head rubs and the black tabby just doesn't care what's going on. He keeps wandering off.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like you will have your hands full. I'm happy for the positive update.
 for the little black tabby. Looks like he may be a loner.

for all healthy and happy kitties.

and
 for everything you do.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Isn't it amazing how their little purrsonalities are already so different!   Those grey tabbies and the pale ginger one sound adorable, and I'd probably spend most of my day laughing at that little black and white one (but worrying at the same time).