Amazon Prime Day?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Imploding Kittens is not child appropriate (just FYI) but lots of fun too.
The regular version too? There was a NSFW version but I got the regular. Oh well, I'll look it over when it gets here and decide if it's appropriate for that group.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The regular version too? There was a NSFW version but I got the regular. Oh well, I'll look it over when it gets here and decide if it's appropriate for that group.
The regular exploding is okay.... Sorry my mind is scrambled because you're right imploding is fine too. The NSFW version is the really inappropriate one. I forgot it was three for some reason. The imploding really is a good adder to the original. The cone of shame! LOL. Plus some of the action cards.

We found it really helpful to play the YouTube how to video before playing. Not only does the game make more sense but it gets you into the spirit of the game. "If you get the exploding kittens, you die."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I bought a cat litter mat. That's it. :dunno: Nothing is really calling my name.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I just managed to get the Instant Pot ordered a few minutes ago.
I think you are going to love this once you get the hang of it, particularly when you get really busy during the school year.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Those of you who have the Instant Pot or are on WW or such, sign up for freebooksy. Sometimes you can get a free Instant Pot cookbook, or a free WW cookbook, KETO cookbook, etc. Not everyday, but sometimes. And you get an email from them every day, even on weekends.

I don't have an Instant Pot, but downloaded the free IP cookbook anyway and will be trying those recipes in my pressure cooker.

Freebooksy - Free Kindle Books, Nook Books, Apple Books and Kobo Books Hand-Selected Daily. Pick your favorite genre, and start reading free kindle books.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Site was down all day for me. Good thing I had bought my cat food the day before.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've found a few little things. Like silicone wine stoppers. Late last night they had a bunch of the Disney Thomas Kinkade puzzles. I had most of them but I picked up a set with ones I don't have.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think you are going to love this once you get the hang of it, particularly when you get really busy during the school year.
That is part of my justification for buying it. ;) :lol: I got so tired of jumping from school to dinner cooking last year. Even having the crock pots. I should start looking for recipes to see what I want to make first! :lol:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They have the top load carrier right now. I absolutely love ours, plenty of space for my big one and easy to get into and out of.

..... And it's gone. Although I've noticed some things aren't great deals. I've been comparing against chewy or what I know the price should be around. The only good deal so far has been on a three ball tower track toy thing. $8 instead of $10.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Women can't do the DNA tests anyway. You have to get your brother or dad or some other XY-chromosomed relative to do it. Or at least that's how it was when I looked into it.
Not true, they've changed the test so that anyone can take them and get results.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They do have the 23andMe DNA test. But only the health and ancestory version for $100. Not sure if I am going to go for it. If anyone else is interested, I couldn't find it through Amazon's website but if I search on google for 23andme then click on the Amazon link for it AND THEN click on the sellers name I can find it
I just had someone tell me that if you are willing to wait, 23andMe has been known to offer up to 50% off around the holidays. I wanted the one that was just the genealogy one, not the health one, which is why I don't want the one they have on sale on Amazon (which is also 50% off).

Amazon does have the Ancestry.com DNA test for $54, if anyone is interested in that. I've done that one already.

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Women can't do the DNA tests anyway. You have to get your brother or dad or some other XY-chromosomed relative to do it. Or at least that's how it was when I looked into it.
I'm a woman and I did the 23andme one. :) It seems to have been quite accurate based on what I already knew.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's probably like me knowing general history of my family already. If the results gave me something drastically different from what family records say I'd question it. If my results come back mostly East European or North European, that would align with what I do know.

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How can you judge the accuracy of what you did not already know?
Everything I do already know, they got correct to a pretty specific degree. For example, it not only pegged Ashkenazi Jewish correctly but correctly indicated which generation it was in, etc.

There were no surprises. I was the genetic mix I would have expected to be, so there was nothing that appeared to be potentially inaccurate. :)

I was kind of disappointed not to discover some unknown piece of ancestry, but oh well.

I have no way to guarantee it was 100%, obviously, but it has to have been at least close because I did have a fair bit of prior knowledge that all matched up.