Amazon Prime Day?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Amazon Prime Day starts here in about five hours. Any one planning on checking out the deals? Are you looking for anything in particular?

I'm not looking for anything special, but i will check out the deals. Last year I bought a Waterpik water flosser and an 8 qt InstantPot and I'm happy with both.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'll check it out.

I think I will order an ancestory DNA kit if they have those again just for the novelty of it. My family has records and geneology going back to the 1700s on one side and 1400s on the other. But both follow one main line. Going by those two records I am German-English-Dutch mostly but nothing is known about my grandfather. He left his family and never talked about them, he died when my Dad was young too. My other grandfather was also distant from his family and died when my Mom was young, but he did tell my Mom his grandmother was Native American but who knows if it is true.

Other than that, I have way too many bills right now to really go crazy. Maybe some Christmas shopping if I see some things that would be good for that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think I will order an ancestory DNA kit if they have those again just for the novelty of it.

Ooooooo. Does Amazon normally sell those? I've been thinking of doing one of those.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm looking for dog food, cat litter, and a meat grinder. Usually, this is when I stock up on dog and cat treats for the year but I did that early this time.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Let's see . . . I need a cat t-shirt, desk drawer organizer, and Mac keyboard. I am not sure if a magnet decoration will stick to my new computer but would like that.

Shikaslate

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll be looking out for cable organizers/cable management stuff. My boyfriend and I are prepping our house for our first kitten and we're quite tech and gadget obsessed yet a bit lazy when it comes to all the wires. We just got a robot vacuum though maybe we should have waited for Prime Day..

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm up to my eyeballs in textbook shopping but I might stop over there. My kids kindles may need upgrading in the future. I was thinking for Christmas though. It's hard to shop for other stuff when I'm so focused on finding book deals. :runaround:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm up to my eyeballs in textbook shopping but I might stop over there. My kids kindles may need upgrading in the future. I was thinking for Christmas though. It's hard to shop for other stuff when I'm so focused on finding book deals. :runaround:
Kindles are on sale, something like 30% off. But you can shop that sale now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
6 quart instant pot for $60 right now if anyone is looking.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can't get into the website. :(

Don't need an instapot, got one. But I'd like to see the rest of it.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was able to get in an grab the free ebooks. Their first reads books are all free today. Not sure if I will ever read them all but better to get them now and sort that out later.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to buy a kindle for my father, but can't get into the site. I guess too many people are trying to access it? Other than that, I don't need anything.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can't get in on my phone but the desktop computer is giving me limited access. I can get to a page with select deals but search doesn't work right. I also can't see all the current deals.

Amazon fail.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I want to buy a kindle for my father, but can't get into the site. I guess too many people are trying to access it? Other than that, I don't need anything.
I'd guess that if you contact customer service they could help with that specific one.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd guess that if you contact customer service they could help with that specific one.
I will wait to see if I can get into it later. I can open the page and it tells me how many items I have in my cart (put in there earlier today), but if I click on the cart it goes to the log in page. When I put my log in information, it goes to the something went wrong page, and shows me one of the dogs.

I wonder if they'll extend the sale because of this?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I will wait to see if I can get into it later. I can open the page and it tells me how many items I have in my cart (put in there earlier today), but if I click on the cart it goes to the log in page. When I put my log in information, it goes to the something went wrong page, and shows me one of the dogs.

I wonder if they'll extend the sale because of this?
I hope so. But who knows what people are missing out on while the system is glitching.