Amazon Prime Day?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I might do that if I could find a number for customer service. They don't even seem to have a chat.
You have to go through a couple prompts on their customer service section to get there. I think the number varies depending on what you need too.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I might do that if I could find a number for customer service. They don't even seem to have a chat.
There is a chat on Amazon and they will also call or email you. It is not easy to find.

1. At the bottom of the home page and most all pages, is an area with a black background. The far right column is "Let us help you."
  2. Click on the bottom one that says "Help."
  3. Scroll down to "Browse help topics."
  4. Put your mouse over "Need more help." Links will appear on the right.
  5. Click on "Contact us."
  6. Under "What can we help you with," click on "Prime or something else."
  7. Scroll down to "Tell us more about your issue," click on the bar that says, "Select an issue."
  8. Click on "Placing an order."
  9. Click on "Select issue details," and then click on "Other questions about placing an order."
  10. Finally, at the bottom of the page, you have the choice of email, phone call or chat.
This is many steps and I hope I did not leave one out! Good luck!

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been having issues with the site too. The app isn't working and on my computer all I can do is page through deals. It won't let me search anything or see my watched deals. I'm desperate for a good deal on a meat grinder!

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
I will wait to see if I can get into it later. I can open the page and it tells me how many items I have in my cart (put in there earlier today), but if I click on the cart it goes to the log in page. When I put my log in information, it goes to the something went wrong page, and shows me one of the dogs.

I wonder if they'll extend the sale because of this?
Could you have typed the wrong password?

No, they won't extend it.

OK I get it: I am signed in now but was taken back to the home page instead of my account or cart.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I can't get in. Maybe it'll load if I wait but it is at least very slow.

The sale is for 36 hours; if they extended it any more it wouldn't be a sale, just their regular prices ;).

I'm not really looking for anything but I like to find good pet supply sales and random little things that show up in flash sales. I don't think I bought anything on Prime Day last year though.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Is this the page you are looking for? (Believe me, "robot check" is not in the URL.)

Robot Check

Last edited:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They do have the 23andMe DNA test. But only the health and ancestory version for $100. Not sure if I am going to go for it. If anyone else is interested, I couldn't find it through Amazon's website but if I search on google for 23andme then click on the Amazon link for it AND THEN click on the sellers name I can find it

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The link takes me to the deals homepage not cat supplies but I haven't seen that all day so it helps..

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
The link takes me to the deals homepage not cat supplies but I haven't seen that all day so it helps..
I scrolled to the right in the deals categories row and found Cats next to Dogs. So I clicked on that. Unfortunately it is just the homepage with some of the cat deals instead of their pet supplies department.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just managed to get the Instant Pot ordered a few minutes ago. Maybe things are smoothing out. Things are definitely glitchy tonight. I've had a few friends mention getting the "something went wrong dog."

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i haven't gone to amazon's website, but i was unable to connect with amazon instant video via my roku earlier today -- which has never happened before. hours later i tried again, and was able to connect to it. amazon website, and amazon in general, must be overwhelmed...too much for it to handle.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Women can't do the DNA tests anyway. You have to get your brother or dad or some other XY-chromosomed relative to do it. Or at least that's how it was when I looked into it.

I bought the Exploding Kittens game. I heard it was fun, hopefully the people I play with think so too.

Last edited:

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Women can't do the DNA tests amyway. You have to get your brother or dad or some other XY-chromosomed relative to do it. Or at least that's how it was when I looked into it.
According to the 23andme website, women get everything except the paternal haplogroup and they can't differentiate between maternal and paternal contributions to recent ancestry. If you're dead set on knowing your paternal haplogroup, you do need a relative to do the test so you can link their haplogroup to yours.

Do men and women receive different ancestry information from 23andMe?

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Women can't do the DNA tests anyway. You have to get your brother or dad or some other XY-chromosomed relative to do it. Or at least that's how it was when I looked into it.

I bought the Exploding Kittens game. I heard it was fun, hopefully the people I play with think so too.
So how do women get results from other DNA tests without help from male family members? I never considered ordering one, but another passenger on a cruise did and learned a lot about both sides of her family.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Exploding Kittens is one of our favorite favorites. I do have a brother so I could have him do it, but I haven't seen anything saying it has to be one or the other.

Edit: I ordered it. I regretted not doing it last year so let's not do that another year. Now to convince my brother to get one too. Only because the health factors could be different between us and if I am paying that much I want my health results. Although.... If he paid for half I'd let him do it. lol

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Exploding Kittens is one of our favorite favorites
Oh good. I got the Imploding Kittens expansion pack too. I've actually had it on my wish list for a long time, so when I saw it was on sale I snapped it up. I'm going to a party next Saturday, hope it's a hit.

I also got some litter mats and some Amazon Basics gel pens, so exciting, lol.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh good. I got the Imploding Kittens expansion pack too. I've actually had it on my wish list for a long time, so when I saw it was on sale I snapped it up. I'm going to a party next Saturday, hope it's a hit.

I also got some litter mats and some Amazon Basics gel pens, so exciting, lol.
Imploding Kittens is not child appropriate (just FYI) but lots of fun too.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I couldn't bother looking through the deals yesterday, but did manage to get €10 off two bottles of laundry detergent.