Accessorizing A Bridesmaid Dress

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer --I really like those ear jacket earrings. I never saw anything like that before. I like the $10 price too, that's right up my alley.

sabrinah sabrinah --Do you have to wear heels? If so, I would at least bring some flats or sandals with you, since I'm sure there will be dancing. I never wear heels, I wouldn't want to be any taller than I already am, plus I'm a klutz.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer i just noticed the first pair I liked is 3 inches long! Those ones may not be the winner.

M maggiedemi she prefers everyone in heels. She has one friend that can't wear heels for medical reasons though. I'm going to be the tallest one there. Her and her friends are super short. I already know nearly all of my brother's friends and they're not tall. I'm definitely putting Fast Flats in my clutch.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes! Etsy definitely has the best options. I thought you were under a time crunch, which I why I went with Amazon mostly. I sell on etsy, so I feel like a backstabber! Just check the listings for the ship time.
Also, unfortunately, many etsy vendors are now just reselling stuff from eBay (even though it's supposed to be handmade or vintage,) so you can sometimes find the one you choose cheaper by doing a reverse image search.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The wedding is in a month. Do you think something from etsy could be delivered on time? I always look at etsy but I've never a actually ordered something. Also, everything in this town is painfully slow so it's always takes an extra like 3-5 business days from the estimated arrival time.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd say yes there's time, especially if you order from a US seller. There's a little thing on the bottom of the listing that says "ready to ship in -- to -- days" and that is how long it will take for the seller to pack it, and go to the post office. The processing time, if you will. Add the maximum of that to the maximum of the shipping estimate time, and you'll know if you can make it. I can't imagine it would take a month, but some sellers even offer expedited shipping if it takes you a little while to decide. For some reason, I thought the wedding was this weekend, haha.

No question that etsy has much cuter options! Let us know what you choose!

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The cuter options are problematic. Too many choices. Opinions would be great!

I'm trying to figure out what to get from Amazon. The pearl clutch of course, Fast Flats, gel heel liners because the shoes are too big, a roll of Dr. Scholl's Moleskin Plus padding just in case the shoes rub in weird places and so I can help pad anyone else with problem shoes. I'm still debating between full insoles (ProFoot) and separate ball of foot/heel inserts.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So many pretty choices:D

I like the earrings from LeChaim (rose gold leaf wreath).

When you do a search you can filter it by location of the seller ( US or international). Most US sellers will ship fairly quickly with a few days of receiving the order but check the seller info for details. Some may rush delivery for an extra fee.

Also, unfortunately, many etsy vendors are now just reselling stuff from eBay (even though it's supposed to be handmade or vintage,).
I've noticed that as well :nono:

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
US only changes the options a little bit. Ignore the dog tags at the bottom

Screenshot_20180829-102011.png

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I HATE THESE SHOES. The packages with all the fun stuff to make them less painful are late. I keep the front part stuffed as full as possible to stretch out the toe region. I wore them (with socks!) for 15 minutes yesterday and was sitting for all but 1 minute of it and I already started getting blisters on my little toes. I'm definitely getting moleskin. They definitely can't be worn without a layer or two of gel heel things on the back since they're 1/2 size too big. Even with 2 pairs of socks, my feet slip out. My toes need the extra space though.

Everything should be delivered this week but I don't have high hopes.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope you get everything on time! Moleskin is a godsend. Bring an extra sheet or a few strips in your clutch, since you won't know where they'll run on your feet with the inserts. If you can return the inserts, any drugstore should have the Dr Scholls kind.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The kind I got covers the back of the heel and the base of the heel. I got them because the heel region has the brand label, like most shoes, but instead of being printed or on a thin piece of fabric it's a pretty significant cutout area in the leather. The cutout is deep, uncomfortable, and will leave a terrible blister. I think the things I ordered will cover the entire area. These shoes aren't cheap so it's ridiculous that they're so poorly designed.

Moleskin will be saving my poor little toes. I'm planning on keeping enough in my purse for myself, my mom, and the bride should any of our shoes start rubbing before we can take them off. I'm going to tell my mom to bring one of those tiny emergency pocket sewing kits so she's prepared for any tears and has tiny scissors to cut the moleskin with.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm only wearing the heels for the ceremony and pictures. There's absolutely no way I'll wear them for a second longer.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The stores around here don't carry Fast Flats or anything similar so I have to order them online. Ugh. Do I order Dr. Scholls or another brand? Oh, shoot I have to order a different brand because Dr. Scholl's stuff won't ship to a PO Box. The makeup artist is giving a deal since there's so many of us so it's only $25 + tip to get makeup done. The bride told me to bring my own foundation though because I'm freakishly pale compared to everyone in that state and the artist probably won't have my color. I got foundation and lashes at Ulta. I found ProFoot insoles at Ross for $6. I'm not sure if I want to use those in the heels or my converse! I would have bought 2 pairs if they had them. I was hoping to find a cheap bracelet today but there wasn't any anywhere. This place sucks. The clutch still hasn't shipped :(

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That will be fun for you to get your makeup done. I always liked getting makeovers. I have really pale skin too, Light Ivory I think my foundation is called.