Accessorizing A Bridesmaid Dress

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to vote rose gold.

And the time I was a bridesmaid, everyone's shoes definitely came off. A lot of people actually changed into flip-flops. As long as you can get through the ceremony and pictures, I don't think you'll be forced to wear them at the reception.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think rose gold would be pretty. And since it's on trend, you'll be able to use it again. Get somethingvthat your fold up flats, phone, and other necessities actually fit inside. If there's any hardware on the clutch, try to go with the silver (since that's in the shoes,) but honestly, I'm in agreement with everyone who says to be comfortable.

I dress many people every week for weddings, and honestly, no bride is going to come inspecting your accessory choices. She's going to be way too concerned with her own stuff. Wear the shoes for any professional photos, and try to make it through the ceremony, but not a second more.

If your ears are sensitive, although those rhinestone chandeliers are beautiful, I'd be careful getting any heavy costume jewelry to wear all night. Since you aren't wearing your hair up, a short (shorter than 16") necklace would work with a strapless dress, and not get caught or lost in your hair. Or, smaller, more comfortable earrings that still make a statement like:

IMG_0490.JPG

These "crawler" earrings are very popular lately, and don't feel more heavy than a large stud most times:
IMG_0489.JPG

You could bring the rose gold in that way. Other ideas are a hair comb maybe with a bracelet, which would get you out of updo time. I know you said you have small wrists (me too,) but there are simple elastic rhinestone bands that might work. Or, a warm tone champagne pearl bracelet would be pretty. The bracelet isn't necessary if the hair accessory is enough for you. Just throwing other ideas out there!

IMG_0491.PNG

IMG_0492.JPG

And stay comfortable no matter what!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer thank you so much for the suggestions! I'm going to try to find a rhinestone bracelet that fits. I rarely wear dangly earrings anymore so I forgot how heavy they can get.

I think this picture better shows the colors of the dress and shoes
0828181654a.jpg

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok so sparkly rose gold earrings and bracelet. Amazon has those. I'm probably not going to do a necklace or put anything in my hair unless I find a tiny little thing to pin a very small portion of my hair with.

I can't for the life of me find a clutch that's just the right color. I found these 2 in addition to the 2 I linked a handful of posts ago, but neither one seems quite right

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Now that I see the dress, yeah, stay with gold. The shoes looked more silver with those rhinestones, but it's all warm tones.

Here are some very inexpensive clutches that might work in rose and champagne gold. I find that if you stay with metallic tones, the match to the dress doesn't have to be as exact:

Rose Gold Glitter Leaves Minaudiere | David's Bridal
View attachment 250241
IMG_0493.PNG

Last edited:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
And here's more lightweight jewelry:

Again...I'm not giving you all these options to overwhelm you, or because it's super complicated. I'm just having fun because I love this kind of stuff. If you brought just a simple purse and diamond (real or faux,) stud earrings, you'd be beautiful! Just trying to give you some ideas. I swear, whattever accessories you choose will be great, and so long as you aren't uncomfortable (and don't break the bank,) you won't regret your choice.

M maggiedemi yes they're called crawlers or climbers (at least where I work.) The kind that go behind the lobe with a decorative back are ear jackets. They're a new trend I haven't seen very often before now.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
And these might help with the shoes by giving some support where all the pressure from those stillettos will be (on the ball of your foot,) and by potentially keeping your foot from sliding forward and crowding your toes in the pointy part of the shoe:
I hear fancy feet are another good brand for this kind of insert.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer I was looking at both those amazon purses! I was trying to figure out if "sparkle" meant "glitter" in any way. I don't want glitter herpes! I'm having a hard time figuring out what's too pink, what's too pale, etc.

My diamond studs are what I wear every day since they're one of a whopping 2 pairs of earrings that don't cause me pain. They're super tiny and not really noticeable. They're also in desperate need of professional cleaning. My other pair has aquamarine surrounded by diamonds (don't remember if those are actual diamonds or fake). They also need professional cleaning. Very badly.

I was debating between full insoles (the shoes hurt my heels too) or just little inserts like the ball of foot ones.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I spent hours today trying to find pictures of outfits with similar color dresses to see what color clutch they had. I didn't find any :(

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You're not the only one. I, personally, HATE actual glitter, too! Glitter herpes is such an apt description. I think most of those would shed glitter (since they're cheap,) except for the middle one I posted.
Here is a non glitter one that would match those shoes perfectly. It's not rose gold, though.

(With that much going on in the purse and shoes, all you should do is your diamond stud at that point.)

It's hard to find a rose gold that isn't too much of just a metallic pink (like the iPhone,) and one that is more of a true rose gold. Whoever posted this one was a great choice:
(With a pearl earring because of the decor on the front.)

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I posted the one with the pearls. I was thinking of that with something like this
I have a (fake) pearl neaklace that's pinkish but I think it would be too much going on.

Last edited:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love that idea with the pearls! I'm a huge fan of deco style jewelry. And they don't look too heavy! If your ears are sensitive, you can paint some clear nail polish over the post (let it completely dry!) to ensure that no nickel comes into contact with your skin.
How To Wear Cheap Earrings Without Irritating Your Ear Holes

The second ones don't go with the clutch as well, but your shoes are covered in rhinestones, and the earrings are still rose gold. So, if you think you'd love those and wear them again, I say go for it!