A Lot Of (still) Newbie Questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Seriously? This is the response I got on an email about coupons for cat food.

Dear Maryellen,

Thanks for contacting us and for attaching pictures of those beautiful cats! We appreciate all you are doing to help them.

I am sorry to say we do not have coupons or samples available at this time to send out. We know you like to save money - so here are a few tips to help you out! Keep an eye on your local Sunday paper, store circulars, the pet food aisle and coupons.com for periodic promotions.

Thanks again and please share pictures with us on our Facebook page! We love seeing pictures of our furry friends.

Our best wishes for your continued success in helping the cats in your area.

Sincerely,

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I know they aren't obligated but why am I the only one this didn't work for? Just curious. I'm having to ignore the cats today so I can make money to buy them food. :(

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Costco's Chicken and Rice Dry Cat food has a pretty good price
It may be cheaper where you live also. Someone may be able tell you about the quality, There are a few of us in San Diego feeding this to Ferals with other food mixed in. It's a 25lb bag
They have a chicken and potato one too. maybe it's salmon and potato not sure.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly I don't have a Costco nearby. This entire feeding situation needs a lot of tweaking. :(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly my Mom will see it though and she's already throwing fits about Amazon deliver. I'm not in a "normal" situation here. All of this has to be secretative around here, but I am not going to stop feeding them. This is a dilemna I'm in

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hang in there, you're doing really well within challenging parameters. Keep trying, the manufacturers situations change, plus this one provided some good tips.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a friend or neighbor that can take your deliveries on the sly?
That Costco food is a great deal and will last a long time!
Might want to try and make a friend on next door even!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a friend or neighbor that can take your deliveries on the sly?
That Costco food is a great deal and will last a long time!
Might want to try and make a friend on next door even!
No sadly I don't. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought cats pretty much were able to tell when severe weather moved in. Why are these cats playing in the yard when we have tornados coming? Ugh and I can't even bring them inside because of my Mom. :( I hope I see them again after tonight's weather.

I'm very sad by this situation. I do hope they know where to run when the time comes. We seldom have these deadly tornados come through my immediate area. I made an exception and left food and water for them though in case something happened to me. And they have access to their toys.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very scared for them. How well do cats survive these kinds of natural disasters. My heart is breaking in two over this. :(

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of an outdoor cat dying in a tornado. They know that they're doing.

If money is that big of a problem, get whatever is cheapest. Even dollar store food is better than nothing.

Which company did you email?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of an outdoor cat dying in a tornado. They know that they're doing.

If money is that big of a problem, get whatever is cheapest. Even dollar store food is better than nothing.

Which company did you email?
I mailed 10 companies. The only one that responded was Mars Iams.

4 cats are outside waiting for food. They come 2 hours early every day. Reminds me of standing in line for tickets for a Stones concert.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shadow and the other cat were run off or the coming storms ran them off. Anyway, winds are now 45 mph, Shaman and Treasure are here, eating. I put out a plate with 2 servings as Shaman and Treasure refuse to eat in separate bowls and the one serving bowl (from a pet dish I got at Dollar Tree yesterday) away from Shaman's feeding area. So what do Shaman and Treasure do? Go to the tiniest bowl, and eat. Then they start running and playing in the 45 mph wind. Are these cats crazy? lol

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not even going to worry about Shadow. She has a habit of wandering around for one or two days and then comes back to the kitty flop house for food (here). lol And I saw the 4th one on the steps earlier. Granted with the heavy storms I don't have the cam up because of potential damage so Shadow and Noobs (as I refer to the other one) could have come to eat when I wasn't there.

BTW: winds have increased, temps have dropped and these 2 crazy cats (Shaman and Treasure) are still rolling around playing. lol

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've noticed animals will do that, --get crazy goofy before a storm comes in. The dogs in the yard behind us here were racing around yesterday evening like they had gremlins in their tails, it was hilarious, and overnight we had 3 more inches of snow than they predicted LOL

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed animals will do that, --get crazy goofy before a storm comes in. The dogs in the yard behind us here were racing around yesterday evening like they had gremlins in their tails, it was hilarious, and overnight we had 3 more inches of snow than they predicted LOL
This was last night just before the storms. Shaman is playing Peek a Boo from inside the box. They gave me the saddest looks when they saw me put the toys up and move the food bowl. But I explained the entire time that I was making sure their toys would not get damaged by the winds. I hope they understood what I was saying. They did (all 3: Shaman, Treasure and Noobs) sleep on the outside steps last night.

Oh and last night was the first time in the month I've been setting out water that Shaman drank it. And it was 50 degrees at the time. I need to get a mat to put under those bowls though, as you can see food everywhere. lol

Peek A Boo.jpg

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you! I love that face peeking out of the box :)!
Do you think cats understand (to a point) what we tell them? I know animals are smarter than we give them credit for but just curious.