A Lot Of (still) Newbie Questions

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mostly by tone of voice and body language than words, but repeated words I think they figure out associations. But there must be more subtle things they pick up as well because my boy can tell a lot about my emotions even though I haven't said anything, or done anything in particular differently.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Mostly by tone of voice and body language than words, but repeated words I think they figure out associations. But there must be more subtle things they pick up as well because my boy can tell a lot about my emotions even though I haven't said anything, or done anything in particular differently.
Ah so then by remaining calm, and talking softly to them while putting up the toys and moving the food and water bowl to a safer place was more of a reassurance to them?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Treasure let me pet her for 2 seconds right now. Still thought it would be Shaman to be the first since she's the one that knew me the longest. Ha and everytime Treasure comes to me Shaman gets an attitude. lol or the human interpretation of how she acts. Right now the two are sitting in the grass just beyond their area I set up for them. I still haven't put all the toys back as we have another round of heavy winds and tornados til tomorrow morning coming through

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe so :)
I hope the weather misses you !
So excited that Treasure let me pet her even if for just a few seconds. BTW: a photo of Shaman and Treasure's brother Noobs. Neighbor lets Noobs out and he heads straight to my house. A few minutes ago Shaman and Treasure had a standoff against him. But often the 3 of them will sleep together. Best photo I got of him.

Noobs selfie.jpg

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe so :)
I hope the weather misses you !
I hope it does too but with Shaman who never comes at lunch time I think she knows something is up and wants to eat now. In fact , outside the stand off if it really was that, feeding was quiet. All taking their turns and waiting til the other is done. Maybe because they've realized that they all get equally fed, no matter who comes first or last. Just guessing of course. And I am freezing even though the temps are 63 (usually I'm a furnace 24/7 even in winter).

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I've found this house seems to be drafty or something too, if the wind is blowing it is colder :cold:
I got 9 lives and Iams at Dollar Tree but the cats don't seem satisfied. I wish my paycheck would hurry up and get here.

Or is it the catnip I'm adding to the food? I'll be up all night doing surveys so I can feed them.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart is breaking in 2 thinking that something may happen to us and the cats be left alone again. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Storms and tornadoes passed. Shadow was outside eating in the middle of it all like nothing happening at all. Did I mention nothing gets between her and eating? And Shaman, Treasure and Noobs are on the steps outside but they made sure to each glance inside the window like making sure I was ok, meowing and then laying down. I guess all is safe again.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I forgot to mention: I called Amazon Prime Now, and got $20 worth of dry and wet cat food for nothing. I just asked if it was possible to do a one time courtesy of no delivery but wanted some food for the stray/feral cats I feed and as a thank you for taking care of the cats she gave me a $20 promotion that reduced all of my charges so I got it for free.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad those cats are so smart and keeping an eye on things :)

Good for you on the food :yess:
I have no idea what made me think of trying t but it popped into my head before my supper last night. It will be delivered today. I figured the most they could say was no. Glad I thought of it. This will last them til the first of the month when I get paid

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything is back to normal. Shaman and Noobs watching from across the yard while Shadow and Treasure sit and hiss at one another lol